Oracle Fusion HCM Interview Questions and Answers [ STEP-IN ]
Last updated on 10th Nov 2021, Blog, Interview Questions
If you’re looking for Oracle Fusion HCM Interview Questions for Experienced or Freshers, you are in the right place. There are a lot of opportunities from many reputed companies in the world. According to research, Oracle Fusion HCM has a market share of about 1.3%. So, You still have the opportunity to move ahead in your career in HCM Cloud Applications.
1. What do you mean by LDG in Fusion HCM?
It stands for Legislative Data Group and is useful when it comes to portioning the payroll and the data which is concerned. Wherever enterprises are present, there is always a need for one group for smooth operations. Payroll is generally processed and is generally associated with the legislative code. Other factors that matter largely in LDG are the structure of the task and the current one is utilized.
2. How can you access the ESC in the Fusion HCM?
For this, a user simply needs to select the EES (Establish Enterprise Structure). This is available under the DIC task list.
3. Why Human Capital Management is important?
In the present scenario, understanding the economy is a vast term. No one knows what factors are important in terms of investment without managing the capital. Organizations have to face a ton of issues if they don’t manage the same in a reliable manner. The fraud transactions and risks are the major trouble creators. Effective management always makes sure proper utilization and records can be accessed anytime when users want.
4. What exactly do you know about the Fusion Tress? How are they significant in Fusion HCM?
Dealing with hierarchical data is always a big issue. It is not always possible for the users to keep up the pace with it simply. These trees are nothing but the graphical representation of the same. Even the entire structure of an organization can be represented with the help of it. This makes it easy for users to effectively manage and understand the tasks that are vital. It also enables users to make some important decisions.
5.Explain about different plan types available in Fusion absence management?
- Accrual – This plan is for creating the absence of paid leaves. Ex: vacation plan.
- Qualification – This plan is for creating the absence of paid leaves for which the employees are entitled to the leaves and pay. Ex: maternity leave.
- No entitlement – It keeps track of all paid and unpaid leaves so that the accumulated balance of leaves and payment is not there.
These are the three kinds of plans in Oracle Fusion’s absence management.
6.How many sections a performance template/model can hold at a time?
- Competency Section
- Goal Section
- Worker Final Feedback Section
- Manager Final Feedback Section
- Questionnaire Section
- Overall Review Section
A performance template can hold up to six models at a time.
7. What is ESC in Oracle Fusion HCM?
Enterprise Structure Configuration (ESC) is a tool that helps the users in the configuration of organization structure. With ESC, users can define all the position structures easily. Users can configure organization set up, job, position structures, and organization structure.
8. What are the sets of enabled objects in the Oracle Fusion HCM?
The following are the three sets of enabled objects.
9.Explain Oracle Fusion Applications Products Families?
10.What are the common tasks that are frequently used during the implementation?
Managing the legal addresses, grades, business units, legal entity, divisions, departments, locations, lookups, worker goal setups, review periods, document types (performance-related) as well as managing the jobs are the tasks that are quite common during the implementation.
11. Can you state a few benefits of using the Enterprise Structure Configuration?
- Benefits of Enterprise structure configuration as mentioned below
- It is possible to create all the structures within an organization instantly and simultaneously
- It is beneficial for testing the multiple scenarios. This is because it can easily create several configurations
- It is possible for the users to roll back the configuration even when the same has been loaded by them
- Users can even review the same thoroughly before it is loaded. This makes sure that there will be no errors in the configuration process at a later stage.
12. Is it possible to update the record of an assignment again and again, how you will track the same?
Yes, it is possible. It needs a physical record to be created for each update and all the modifications made have a unique sequence number. With the help of this number, it is possible to track them anytime when the need for the same is realized. Updates can even be managed separately.
13. What is the other name of Reference Data Sharing in Fusion HCM?
It is also known as SetID.
14. What do you know about FSM in Oracle Fusion Human Capital Management?
It stands for Functional Setup Manager. When it comes to managing functional implementation projects, it plays a vital role. It provides guided information that is useful in this matter. The implementation life cycle has many errors in it and the same can easily be avoided with the help of FSM. It is actually a powerful application with several guided modules.
15. What do you know about the absence type patterns which are present in absence management?
There are some pre-defined sets of rules which can easily be considered in the initial stage for creating an absence type simply. It is up to the users whether he/she considers the special fields on the pages which are concerned. There are even options for displaying the absence records. The good thing is it even categories the absences in the form of reasons.
16. What is Normalization in Oracle Fusion?
When the users need to create the rating models, there is always a need for them to define the rating distribution at the same time. This is because it gives an idea about the overall percentage of the workforce that needs to be involved in the task.
It even reflects the information if it is possible to increase/decrease the workforce at different levels. This process is known as normalization.
17. What are the factors that you should consider for specifying the key responsibility areas for an employee?
It largely depends on the overall skills, experience, educational qualification, areas of interest, as well as efforts. With the help of these factors, it is possible for the organizations to make sure that there is always a positive work environment and thus maximum efficiency.
18. What are the major factors that play a vital role in the HCM for the learning capacity of the employees?
- Career Development
The major factors that play a vital role in the HCM
19. What would be the best way to motivate an employee?
This can be done simply by rewarding an employee in front of others. Of course, this strategy works a lot when it comes to motivating the workforce to work together to provide the best possible outcomes.
20.What is Oracle Application Express?
Oracle Application Express (also called APEX and formerly called HTML DB) is a FREE RAD web development tool. APEX is written using PL/SQL and runs completely inside of a web browser. Apex is an IDE and a runtime environment. You use APEX to write web applications. Users, using their database user ID, log into APEX and run their application from a menu. With the APEX IDE, you can create forms, reports and charts. All of the normal web widgets are available: radio groups, buttons, drop down lists, date pickers, etc.
21. What are the uses of APEX?
- Builds professional looking web applications that are both fast and secure.
- Runs on and lives in the Oracle database. APEX framework and metadata are stored in Oracle tables.
- It is FREE. No licensing required.
- The fast learning curve for developers to build applications.
- Deployment of application is as simple as ‘Export and Import’ if hard-coded references of values that change between environments are avoided.
- A lot of scope for customization of application look and feel.
- Scalable for high user volume. ASKTOM, former ORACLE METALINK (before migrated to Flash version) and MANY APPLICATIONS are built using APEX.
- Can be configured to use Oracle SSO and EBS find user repository.
22. What kind of activities you have done for apex as apex dba?
- Setup of apex environment
- SSL configuration
- USER access
- Security modal definition
- ad hoc issue and resolution
- Patching /Performance
23.If you forget the admin password, how will you log in to the apex application?
We need to call SQL scripts to reset the password @apxchpwd.sql (this is the same as altering the user username identifies by password)
24.How does APEX Architecture work?
The URL request from the browser is translated into appropriate APEX PL/SQL call by either Oracle HTTP Server (Apache) with mod_plsql plugin or Embedded PL/SQL Gateway. This varies by the type of APEX installation on the oracle database. After the data is processed, results are relayed back to the browser as HTML. This cycle happens each time a user requests or submits a page. The application session state is maintained in database tables.
APEX installation can be done in two ways. DBAs are more concerned about it than developers. But this determines how the URL is translated.
25.Some views of the apex?
26.How will you validate apex?
- SQL> exec validate_apex; (If your APEX version is 2.0 or above)
- SQL> exec validate_htmldb; (If your APEX version is prior to 2.0
27. Which user in apex owns sso module?
28. Which scripts need for the registration process for SSO?
29. How will you enable SSO for the apex application?
- Login to APEX_030200
30.How to find records error out using HCM Data Loader?
- hrc_dl_file_linesFusion Interview Question
1) You can check the errors by clicking the message icon in import and export window.
2) You can find in below Tables
3) Using Run Diagnostics Test – Test Name (HCM Data Loader Data-Set Status ) provide the Content ID for the same. This one is the oracle standard method to find error records in HCM Data loader.
31.What Common Entity used in HCM Fusion Extracts:
- Person (PER_EXT_SEC_PERSON_UE)- Retrieves all persons across the enterprise and all person related attributes.
- Worker Payroll (PER_EXT_PAY_EMPLOYEES_UE)- Retrieves all workers and their payrolls across the enterprise, all person, worker, payroll related attributes, and element entry data.
- Extract Assignment Basic History (PER_EXT_ASSIGNMENT_BASIC_HISTORY_UE)- Retrieves assignment history as on the assignment effective start date.
- Extract Assignment Basic Information (PER_EXT_SEC_ASSIGNMENT_BASIC_UE)- Retrieves assignment data as on the effective date.
- Assignments Range (PER_EXT_SEC_ASSIGNMENT_RANGE_UE) Retrieves assignment history as on the effective date.
- Extract Current and Future Persons (PER_EXT_SEC_PERSON_NOW_FUTURE_UE)- Retrieves current and future person details. Specify advanced filter criteria to restrict person types.
- Extract Current and Future Assignments (PER_EXT_SEC_ASSIGNMENT_NOW_FUTURE_UE)- Retrieves current and future assignments.
32. Can Oracle transaction Business Intelligence(OTBI) integrate with Fusion HCM extract?
Yes. You have two options:
1. HCM Extracts can extract the data and produce an output using CSV, XML or PDF. OTBI can then accept a data source in excel or XML format (SaaS customers will need Oracle to set this up for them).
2. BI Publisher can also accept a data source in excel or XML format (again SaaS customers will need Oracles help). HCM extracts has integration with BI Publisher.
33. What is the difference between the ‘Assignment Status Type’ and the ‘Extract Employee Assignment Status Type’ attributes?
- The ‘Extract Employee Assignment Status Type’ attribute is a DBI group which is directly associated with the user entity when defining the block. The ‘Assignment Status Type’ attribute is a DBI group which is associated with a different user entity, and is accessible because of contexts that have been set (indirectly derived).
- Directly associated DBI groups are more efficient compared to indirect. Therefore, it would be better to use the ‘Extract Employee Assignment Status Type’ attribute rather than the ‘Assignment Status Type’ attribute because of performance considerations.
Learn Advanced SAP HR/HCM Certification Training Course to Build Your SkillsWeekday / Weekend BatchesSee Batch Details
34. How to create dependent parameter for BI Publisher report in HCM Fusion??
We will take one simple example of dependent parameter for BIP report in HCM Fusion.
35.How to Burst BIP report in Fusion HCM?
- Business unit Department Location
- Progress US BU Support PRG Main Campus
- UK BU Support PRG UK London
- US1 BU Finance PRG RF Hospital
- Progress US BU Biology US Main Campus
- UK BU Finance PRG UK London
- US1 BU Biology US FN1 RF Hospital
- UK BU Facilities PRG UK London
- US1 BU Facilities PRG US RF Hospital
Using Bursting option you can split your Report into multiple documents and deliver it to one or more destination.
E.g. Report output having 3 columns Business Unit, Department,Location
You can split the report based on Business unit column with resp department and location for that Business unit.
36. Can we update Source Keys?
Yes, We can update it using SourceKey.dat.
37.Root Data Group is mandatory in HCM Extracts?
Yes, at least one of the data group must be declared as Root Data Group and other data groups have to be linked appropriately.
38. Explain threading database item in HCM Extracts?
Threading Database Item is required for implementing the changes only feature. It is the unique ID for that User Entity. You can declare the threading database item at root data group or child data group level where you required changes only data.
39. How you can use BIP report in HCM Extracts?
You can launch BI Publisher from Report and Analytics Work Area. Install the BI Publisher plugin. You can develop RTF template in MS word using BI Publisher Plugin using Load XML Schema.
Now you have to define the report . For this use existing standard model. (/Human Capital Management/Payroll/Data Models/globalReportsDataModel). Save the report.Latest Datamodel have two parameters Payroll action id and Flow instance name. Flow instance name will be the flow pattern run given earlier when submitting the extract.
40.How to schedule the HCM Extracts?
- Yes, We can schedule the HCM Extract recursively like Daily, Weekly,Monthly.
- If you want to create custom schedule you need to create fast formula with type as Flow Schedule.
41. Standard BIP Report in HCM?
Person Enrollment Summary Report, Compensation Workbench Print Statement, Performance Document Rating Report, Total Compensation Statement report etc.
42. How to Filter the Data in Template while developing the BIP Report?
- You can filter the data using filter condition based on the Data Field, Operator and Value.
- You can filter the data for Chart view, table view.
43. Different Delivery Option in BIP Report?
- Administrator -> Manage BI -> Delivery -> Type of Delivery option
You can define these delivery option using following navigation:
44. How to Schedule the BIP Report?
You can Schedule the report using following methods:
1) In report and analytics -> New -> Report Job
2) In Create Section -> Published Reporting -> Report Job
3) In Catalog -> Select Report -> More-> Schedule
45. What are the output format of HCM Extracts?
Output Format – CSV,XML,Excel,HTML,RTF,PDF
46. What are the different types of HCM Extracts?
Full Profile , Payroll Interface, Payments, Benefit Carrier, Archive Retrieval, HR Archive, Payroll Archive.
47.What is Delivery Type in HCM Extracts?
Document of Record,Email, FTP, FAX, File System, HCM Connect, HTTP, Printer.
Detailed Component :-
Email Start Date,End Date, Delivery option name, Output Type (PDF,RTF), Report (Path), Output Name(Template Name), Delivery Type(Email), CC, Email, BCC,Attachment(Y), Message Body,Subject
FTP Start Date,End Date, Delivery option name, Output Type (EFT), Report (Path), Output Name(Template Name), Delivery Type (FTP),Secure FTP(Y), Remote Directory, password, user Name, server name.
48. Root Data Group is mandatory in HCM Extracts?
Yes, at least one of the data group must be declared as Root Data Group and other data groups have to be linked appropriately.
49. What are the Oracle Fusion Account Payables?
- Create a Business Unit
- Assign Business Unit functions to Business Unit
- Create Procurement agents
- Invoice options configurations
- Payable options configurations
- Create Payment terms
- Create Distribution sets
- Setting up supplier Number
- Create supplier and supplier sites
- Assign sites to procurement business units
- Create Banks, Branches and Bank accounts
- Create Payment documents
- Create Payment methods
- Understanding the Invoice process
- Describe invoice types and its components
- Review Employee Expense report and Invoice approval
- Discussing Invoice validation, Tolerances, Approvals and Holds
- Understanding the payment process
- Manage Payment Approval process
- Explaining the Prepayment process
- Create accounting process
- Closing payables periods
- Run Payables reports
50.Name a few essential factors that should be taken into consideration to assign key responsibility areas to an employee?
To specify the key responsibility areas to an employee the major factors that should be taken into consideration are skill set, experience, areas of interest, education qualification, leadership qualities, efforts, etc.
51. What is reference data sharing in oracle fusion?
Reference data sharing in Oracle Fusion is also known as SetID. This reference data sharing functionality supports operations in multiple business units, ledgers, and warehouses. This helps in a drastic reduction in administrative efforts and time taken to implement business units.
52. What is the use of Reference data sharing in Oracle Fusion HCM?
The main advantage of Reference Data sharing is that it eliminates duplicate data in the common transactional data.
53. What are the major Absence Patterns?
- Childbirth or placement
- Illness or injury
- Generic absence
Following are the predefined absence patterns:
54. What is the watchlist in Oracle Fusion?
Watchlist is an essential component of Oracle Fusion components that gives the users a set of shortcuts to work areas based on the user preferences. It consists of items delivered by applications and items that are created by the end-user.
55. What is Oracle Fusion Middleware?
- Development Tools
- Business Intelligence
- User Interaction
- Content Management
- Application Server
Oracle Fusion Middleware is a set of standards that provides complete support for development, deployment, integration, and management. It offers a wide range of solutions through its middleware design:
Following are the various solutions offered by Oracle Fusion Middleware:
56.Diagram for Oracle HCM cloud implementation?
57. How to register concurrent program with oracle apps?
- There are certain steps that you need to follow for the purpose of registering concurrent program.
- The first step is to log in to your system with the responsibility of the system administrator.
- The next step is to define executable concurrent program.
- While defining concurrent program do take care to give application name, short name and description along with the selection of executable concurrent program.
58.Define record group?
Record group can be considered as a concept used for the purpose of holding sql query that is associated with list related with values. Record group consists of static data and also can access data inside tables of database through sql queries.
59.What is a FlexField?
This is a kind of field associated with oracle apps that are used for capturing information related with the organization.
60. Is there any possibility for having custom schema at any time when it is required?
You have the provision for having custom schema at the time of creating table.
61. What is the concurrent program?
Concurrent programs are instances that need to be executed along with incompatibles and parameters.
62. Define application top?
Application tops are found when we are connecting to server. There are two types of application tops available they are product top and custom top. Product top is the kind of top that is built in default by manufacturer. Custom top can be chosen by the client, and any number of custom tops can be created as per the requirement of the client.
63.Explain the Architecture Diagram for Oracle fusion Application?
64. Define set – of books?
SOB can be defined as the collection of charts associated with accounts, currency and calendars.
Get JOB Oriented SAP HR/HCM Training for Beginners By MNC Experts
- Instructor-led Sessions
- Real-life Case Studies
65. What is a value set?
Value set is used for the purpose of containing the values. In the case of a value set getting associated with report parameters, a list containing values are sent to the user for accepting one among the values in the form of parameter values.
66. Define the Types of validation?
- None: this is the indication of minimal validation.
- Independent: Input should be there in the list of – values that are defined previously.
- Dependent: According to the previous value, input is compared with a subset of values.
- Table: Input is checked on the basis of values that exist in the application table.
- Special: These are the values that make use of flex field.
- Pair: A pair can be defined as the set of values that make use of flex fields.
- Translated Independent: This is a kind of value that can be made used only if there is any existence for the input in the list that is defined previously.
- Translatable dependent: In this kind of validation rules that compare the input with the subset of values associated with the previously defined list.
There are various kinds of validation.
67. Define Template?
Template is a kind of form that is very much required before the creation of any other type of forms. It is a kind of form that incorporates attachments that are platform independent and associated with a particular library.
68. Which are the attachments that are platform independent and become a part of the template?
There are several attachments that are part of the template form.
APPSCORE: This is a kind of attachment that comprises of packages as well as procedures which are useful for all the different forms for the purpose of creating toolbars, menus etc.
APPSDAYPK: This attachment contains packages that are helpful in controlling the applications associated with oracle.
FNDSQF: This attachment has various procedures as well as packages for flex fields, profiles, message dictionary and also concurrent processing.
CUSTOM: This attachment is helpful in extending the application forms of oracle without causing any modification related with the application code. There are various kinds of customization including zoom.
69. Define Ad-hoc reports?
This is a kind of report that is made used for fulfilling the reporting needs of a particular time.
70. Define Autonomous transaction?
This is a kind of transaction that is independent of another transaction. This kind of transaction allows you in suspending the main transaction and helps in performing SQL operations, rolling back of operations and also committing them. The autonomous transactions do not support resources, locks or any kind of commit dependencies that are part of main transaction.
71. Which are the types of Triggers?
- Key triggers
- Error triggers
- Message triggers
- Navigational triggers
- Query – based triggers
- Transactional triggers
There are various kinds of triggers associated with forms and they are:
72. What is the purpose of Temp tables in interface programs?
These are the kinds of tables that can be used for the purpose of storing intermediate values or data.
73. Define the steps for customizing form?
- The first and foremost thing that you need to do is to copy the files template.fmb as well as Appsatnd.fmb from AU_TOP/forms/us and paste that inside custom directory. By doing this the library associated with this task get copied by it’s own.
- You can now create the forms you want and customize them.
- Do not forget to save the created forms inside the modules where they need to be located.
You need to make use of the following steps for the purpose of customizing forms.
74 Define about Key Flexfiled ?
Key flexfiled is a unique identifier and is usually stored inside segment, and there are two different attributes associated with this which are flexfiled qualifier and segment qualifier.
75. Define uses of Key Flexfield ?
This is a unique identifier for the purpose of storing information related with key. It also helps in entering as well as displaying information related with key.
76. Define Descriptive FlexField ?
This is a kind of flexfield that is mainly used for the purpose of capturing additional information, and it is stored in the form of attributes. Descriptive flexfield is context sensitive.
77. List some uses of DFF (Descriptive FlexField)?
- Customizing data fields as per business needs
- Querying intelligent fields for some specific information
- Customizing applications for capturing data that is hard to be tracked
- To customize applications to conform current business practices
78. Define FSG (Financial Statement Generator)?
This is a kind of tool that is highly powerful as well as flexible and helps in building reports that are customized without depending on programming. This tool is only available with GL.
79. Define Oracle Suite?
Oracle suite is the one that comprises of oracle apps as well as software associated with analytical components.
80. Define ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) ?
ERP is a software system that is available as a package and can be helpful in automating as well as integrating most of the processes associated with the business.
81. What is a datalink?
Datalink can be made used for the purpose of relating the results that are associated with various different queries.
82. How to attain parameter value depending on the first parameter?
Second parameter can be attained by making use of the first parameter by making use of the command $flex$value set name.
83. Define data group?
Data group can be defined as the group of applications related with oracle.
84. Explain about security attributes?
Security attributes can be made used by Oracle for allowing the particular rows containing data visible to the users.
85. What is the Definition of responsibility?
Responsibility is the method through which the group of various modules can be made in a format accessible by users.
86. Where to define the parameters in the report?
The parameters can be defined inside the form of concurrent program, and there is no need for registering the parameters but you may need to register the set of values that are associated with the parameters.
87.Where do we use Custom.pll?
Custom.pll can be used during the process of making customized or new oracle forms.
88. Define MRC ( Multiple Reporting Currency)?
Multiple – Reporting Currency is a kind of feature that is associated with oracle application and helps in reporting as well as maintaining records that are associated with the transaction level in various forms of functional currency.
89. What is fast formula in Oracle Fusion HCM?
Oracle Fast Formula is a tool to write formulas using English words and basic mathematical functions to perform calculations or comparisons. Fast Formula is an easy way to customize the existing functionality in Fusion Benefits and it hides the complexity of accessing the database tables and columns.
89. What is the difference between job and position in Oracle Fusion HCM?
|A description of requirements to perform a role, which might include competencies, responsibilities, education, etc. You’ll only need one for each role in your organization.||A container for an employee. If multiple employees are performing the same role, create a position for each and associate all of those positions to one job.|
90. What is FBDI in Oracle Fusion?
FBDI is one of the many ways in Oracle Fusion Cloud to do conversions. FBDI stands for File Based Data Import. In cloud environment, FBDI is the best way to get mass conversions done in shortest time. It is better to download the FBDI template which has is of the same version as of the Cloud Environment.
91. How do you make a HCM?
- Click the navigator
- Click on the [My Client Groups] Data Exchange workarea
- Click HCM Extracts
- In the Actions menu, click Manage Extract Definitions
- On the Manage Extract Definitions screen, click Create
- Provide a name for the extract definition, and select the type of extract and click OK