DevOps Engineer | Now Hiring in Carotech – Apply Now!
Last updated on 18th May 2020, Blog, Jobs in Coimbatore
- Design and implement infrastructure in AWS Cloud that supports development of mobile SDK for iOS & Android, backend services and web applications
- Manage the establishment and configuration of infrastructure in an agile way by storing infrastructure as code using AWS CloudFormation and provision environments at any point in time.
- Automatically and continuously deploy code without any downtime using GitHub for source code repository, Jenkins to build, AWS CodeDeploy to deploy and AWS CodePipeline to build the Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipeline.
- Consistently and automatically deploy relational database schema changes for AWS Aurora using tools like Sqitch.
- Leverage Automated Testing in different stages of a CI/CD pipeline.
- Fine tune the mobile SDK, backend services and web applications for high performance and use the right tools to monitor application and environment for potential issues including fault detection, alerting, triage, and recovery (automated and manual).
- Configure a set of Amazon EC2 instances that launch behind a load balancer like NGINX with the system scaling up and down in response to demand.
- Manage User Identity, AWS permissions, and Security in the cloud
- Develop and implement instrumentation for monitoring the health and availability of services.
- Monitor service consumption and drive operational cost reductions through service optimizations and demand based auto scaling.
- Be accountable for proper backup and disaster recovery procedures.
- Stay up-to-date on relevant technologies, plug into user groups, understand trends and opportunities to ensure we are using the best possible techniques and tools
- Perform manual QA as and when required before product releases
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science or relevant field
- Strong experience building and maintaining production systems on AWS using EC2, RDS, S3, ELB, Cloud Formation, etc. and familiarity interacting with the AWS APIs like Amazon Gateway, AWS Lambda & AWS Cognito
- AWS DevOps Engineer with 2 to 3 years of experience in mobile SDK, backend services and web application development
- At least one complete SDK, backend services and web application development lifecycle management experience.
- Deep experience administering Linux (Ubuntu) systems.
- Experience with EC2 Container Service or Docker Swarm or Kubernetes
- Thorough understanding of configuration management concepts.
- Experience with automation tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or Salt
- Experience with monitoring, metrics, and visualization tools for network, server, and application status (Nagios, Graphite, Collectd, Ganglia, etc.)
- Experience with hardware and software firewalls, IPS, WAF, and additional security layers (LDAP, SSO, 2Factor)
- Experience with continuous integration, testing, and deployment
- Experience with RDBMS (AWS Aurora), NoSQL (AWS DynamoDB), AWS ElastiCache & Node.js
- Background in payments and security is a plus
- AWS Certification is a huge plus
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Dev Ops with groovy/Java: 2 years (Required)