50+ Best UFT Interview Questions and Answers
Last updated on 10th Nov 2021, Blog, Interview Questions
These UFT Interview Questions have been designed specially to get you acquainted with the nature of questions you may encounter during your interview for the subject of UFT. As per my experience good interviewers hardly plan to ask any particular question during your interview, normally questions start with some basic concept of the subject and later they continue based on further discussion and what you answer. We are going to cover top UFT Interview questions along with their detailed answers. We will be covering UFT scenario based interview questions, UFT interview questions for freshers as well as UFT interview questions and answers for experienced.
1. What are the types of object Repositories in Micro Focus UFT?
QTP Supports 2 types of Object Repository:
1) Shared Object Repository (also called Global).
2) Per-Action Object Repository, (also called Local).
Per-Action Object Repository is used by default. The extension for the Per-Action repository is “.mtr”.
Shared Object Repository is preferable while dealing with dynamic objects which are called in multiple tests. The extension is “.tsr”
2. Which environments are supported by HP QTP?
- Active X
- People Soft
- Power Builder
- Terminal Emulator
- Visual Basic
- Visual Age
- Web Services
QTP supports the following environments:
3. Can we call a QTP test from another test using scripting? Suppose there are 4 tests and I want to call these tests in a main script. Is this possible in QTP?
Yes. You can call 4 or even more scripts in your tests.For this, first you will need to make the Actions in the corresponding scripts re-usable.Then from the destination script you can make calls to these reusable actions.
4. What is action split and the purpose of using this in QTP?
Action split is to divide an existing action into two parts.The purpose is to divide actions based on their functionality to improve code reuse
5. How will you declare a variable in QTP?
- Dim temp ‘Will declare the temp variable
- Set temp = 20 ‘ Will assign a value 20 to temp.
You declare using a DIM keyword. You assign value to the variable using the SET keyword.Ex.
6. What is GetRoProperty?
GetRoProperty is a standard method provided by QTP to fetch property values of a run -time object.
7. What is smart Identification?
Typically, if even one of the on-screen object properties does not match the recorded object property. The test fails.
Typically, if even one of the on-screen object properties does not match the recorded object property. The test fails.
In smart identification, QTP does not give an error if the property values do not match, but uses Base filter and Optional Filter properties to uniquely identify an object. In Smart identification, if a property value does not match the script does not fail but it proceeds ahead to compare the next property. Smart identification can be enabled in Object Identification Dialog box.
8. How would you export a Script from one PC to another in QTP?
We can make use of the “Generate Script” function available in Object Identification, Test Settings and Tools/Options tab to create a zip of the script at the source computer. These zip files then can be imported into QTP at the destination computer.
9. Can you launch two instances of QTP on the same machine?
No. You can work with only a single instance of QTP on the same machine. But QTP itself can work on multiple instances of the Application Under Test (AUT). Ex: QTP can handle multiple IE browser windows.
10. What is the architecture of integrated ALM and HP UFT?
11. Give the syntax to import/export xls into QTP.
|DataTable.ImportSheet “..\..\TestData\Input.xls”,1,dtGlobalSheet.||DataTable.ExportSheet “..\..\Results\Output.xls”,”Global”|
12. What is SetToProperty?
SetToProperty changes property of an object stored in the Object Repository. However these changes are not permanent.
13. What is the standard timing delay for web based applications in QTP?
The standard delay is 60 seconds. This is can be changed in Test Settings.
14. What is the Action Conversion Tool?
It is an in-built tool provided by QTP to convert Actions into Business Process Components. Conversion tools are set of binaries used to convert mid-format files to binary format files which are used by the game.
15. What is the extension for a function library?
A LIB file contains a library of information used by a specific program. It may store a variety of information, which may include functions and constants referenced by a program or actual objects, such as text clippings, images, or other media. The extension is ‘.QFL’
16. If the Global Data sheet contains no data and the Local Datasheet contains two rows of data, how many times will the test iterate?
The test will iterate only once – global iteration
17. Explain how to read registry keys in UFT?
- ‘Create a shell object
- Set MyShell= CreateObject (“WScript.Shell”)
- Read the value of key from the registry
- RegValue =MyShell.RegRead (varpathofkey)
- ‘in above function we have to pass the path of the key in the registry’.
- e.g. HKCU\software\ie\settings
- msgbox RegValue
The example demonstrated here explains how to read registry key in UFT:
18. What are the ways in UFT to get system environment variables in UFT?
- Use the WSH shell object
- Use WMI’s Win32_Environment Class
- Read variables from the registry
- Set myShell = CreateObject (“WScript.Shell”)
- WScript.Echo myShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings( “%PATHEXT%” )
- The output will be .BAT;.CMD;.VBS;. VBE;. JS;. JSE
- Other user variable, like TEMP, overwrite their system counterpart
- Set myShell = CreateObject( “WScript.Shell” )
- WScript.Echo myShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings( “TEMP=%TEMP%” )
- The output will be
There are three ways to get system environment variables in UFT:
19. Mention the steps required in UFT to send mail from outlook?
- Set Outlook = CreateObject (“Outlook.Application”)
- Dim Message ‘As Outlook.MailItem
- Set Message = Outlook.CreateItem(olMailItem)
- With Message
- .Subject = Subject
- .HTMLBody = TextBody
- .Recipients.Add (aTo)
- Const olOriginator = 0
- End With
To send mail from outlook in UFT:
20. How does it work?
21. What are the types of Automation Framework in UFT?
In order to ease the process of test automation using UFT, test automation is designed. There are mainly three types of automation frameworks in UFT:
Keyword Driven Framework: It is used when multiple functionality needs to be tested.
Data Driven Framework: It is used to test same flow with different test data, test data is given more importance than multiple functionality of application
Hybrid Framework: It is a combination of data driven framework and keyword.
22. When we should use descriptive programming in UFT?
Either through object repository or description programming, UFT identifies objects. Descriptive programming is used in following scenarios:
a) It is used to remove duplicate objects. Same objects exist in different screens or windows of your application. If you use OR in this case you have to store the same object under a different object hierarchy in OR. To deal with such situation, descriptive programming is used.
b) It is not appropriate in certain scenarios to store the objects inside OR (Object Repository). Suppose if you want to print 100 links on the page, you should not store all links in OR. Instead you should use Description Programming to access those links.
23. What is “settoproperty” and when to use it in UFT?
Settoproperty stands for set test object property. You can use this property to change the object values at runtime. You can edit the property values during the runtime, but the changes that are made are temporary.
24. What is the difference between checkpoint and output value?
|Check point is a verification point that compares a current value for a specified property with the expected value for that property. Based on this comparison, it will generate a PASS or FAIL status||An output value is a value captured during the test run and can be stored in a specified location like the Datable or even a variable. Unlike Checkpoints, no PASS/FAIL status is generated.|
25. How would you connect to a database using VBScript?
To connect to the database you must know:
connection string of your server
You can code the database connectivity command directly or you can use the SQL Query tool provided by QTP.
26. What is QTP batch testing tool?
You can use the Batch testing tool to run multiple scripts. Once the scripts are added in the tool , it will automatically open the scripts and start executing them one after the other.
27. What are the drawbacks of QTP?
- Huge Tests in QTP consume lots of memory and increase CPU utilization.
- Since QTP stores results in HTML files (and not text) the result folder sometimes becomes big.
As of QTP version 10:
28. What is an Optional Step?
A step when declared optional is not mandatory to be executed. If the corresponding GUI object is present, QTP performs the operation on it. If the GUI object is not present, QTP bypasses the optional step and proceeds to execute the next step.
29. What is Reporter.ReportEvent?
- Reporter.ReportEvent EventStatus, ReportStepName, Details [, ImageFilePath]
- EventStatus = 0 or micPass
- 1 or micFail
- 2 or micDone
- 3 or micWarning
Reporter.Reportevent is a standard method provided by QTP to send custom messages to the test results window:
Results can assume any status like Pass , Fail , Warning etc. You can also send screenshot to the test results window.
30. What is hybrid test automation in UFT?
31. How to create an array of dictionaries in UFT?
- Dim ArrayofDictionary(2)
- First element of array
- Set ArrayofDictionary(0)= createobject(“scripting.dictionary”)
- ArrayofDictionary(0).Add “key1”, “temp1”
- ArrayofDictionary(0).Add “key2”, “temp2”
- Added keys in first dictionary
- Second element of array as dictionary
- Set ArrayofDictionary(1)= createobject(“scripting.dictionary”)
- ArrayofDictionary(1).Add “key1”, “temp1”
- ArrayofDictionary(1).Add “key2”, “temp2”
- Added keys in second dictionary…..and so on
We can create an array of dictionary using syntax:
32. What is the difference between “Array” and “Dictionary”?
|Dynamic array is possible.||There is no concept of dynamic dictionary.|
|Size of array must be set before the use of array||The size of dictionary do not need to be set|
|We have to use redim statement before adding extra element into dynamic array.||To add an extra element there is no need to write any statement. We just use add method.|
Learn Advanced UFT Certification Training Course to Build Your SkillsWeekday / Weekend BatchesSee Batch Details
33. What is round function in UFT?
- Decimal = 6.3433333
- Rounded Value= Round(Mydecimal , 3)
- Print rounded value, it will print 6.343
Round function in UFT is used to round the decimal:
34. How to find the total number of rows in the webtable in UFT?
There are three ways which we can find the count of rows in the table in UFT:
Using rowcount property of UFT webtable object
Using GetROProperty of UFT
Using HTML DOM + UFT
35. Explain how you can fetch data from a database in UFT?
- Set db= createobject (“ADODB.Connection”)
- db.Open “Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=G:\guru99\vb6\admission_project.mdb;
- Persist Security Info= False”
- Set rst=createobject(“ADODB.Recordset”)
- rst.Open “select*from Course”, db, 3
- id=rst. RecordCount
- For i=0 to id-1
- Print rst.field (0) & rst.fields (1) & rst.fields (2) & rst.fields (3)
To fetch data from database in UFT, you have to follow the code below:
36. How to create excel file in UFT ?
- ‘Create a new Microsoft Excel object
- Set myExcel = createobject(“excel.application”)
- ‘To make Excel visible
- myExcel.Application.Visible = true
- MyExcel.worksheets(1).Cells(1,1). Value = “Scenario Id”
- MyExcel.worksheets(1).Cells(1,2).Value = “Scenario Name”
- MyExcel.worksheets(1).Columns(1).ColumnWidth = 10
- MyExcel.worksheets(1).Columns(2).ColumnWidth = 40
- MyExcel.worksheets(1).Columns(3).ColumnWidth = 20
- MyExcel.worksheets(1).Columns(4).ColumnWidth = 20
- MyExcel.SaveAs “c:\guru99.xlsx”
- blm Flag = False
steps will create excel file in UFT:
37. Explain in what ways we can export datatable to excel in UFT?
To export data-table to excel, there are two methods:
- DataTable.Export (“C:\export.xls”)
- DataTable.ExportSheet “C:\mysheet.xls
38. In a datatable sheet in UFT, how to read a value from the cell?
- We set the row pointer in first step
- In second step we define the parameter/column name from the sheet to read
To read a value from the cell, we follow 2 step process:
For this example, we have set the row pointer to 2 in transaction sheet
39. What are the loops available in UFT and what do they do?
There are 3 loops available in UFT:
Do…..Loop : Do Loop will run a block of statements repeatedly
For…..Next : For Next Loop will execute a series of statements until a specific counter value
For……Each : In order to execute a series of statements for each statements for each object in collection “For Each Loop” is used
While….Wend Loop : While Wend Loop is used to execute a series of statements as long as given condition is true
40. A brief introduction and history of UFT?
41. What are the types of error need to be handle in UFT?
There are three types of error that one will face in UFT:
42. What are the ways you can handle run time errors?
- Using test settings
- Using on error statement
- Using err Object
- Using Exit Statement
- Recovery Scenarios
- Report Object
There are various ways to handle run time errors:
43. In QTP how can you remove the spaces from the string?
- Print replace(“ sdsd sd sd s “, “ “,”””)
- Output will be sdsdsdsds
- Itrim function can be used if only leading spaces from string needs to be removed
- Print Itrim(“ sdsd sd s “) à Output will be “sdsd sd s”
- You can use rtrim function to remove trailing spaces from string
- Print rtrim(“ sdsd sd s ” ) à Output will be “ sdsd sd s”
You can use replace function to remove spaces from string in QTP:
44. What is the keyword view and Expert view in QTP?
|Keyword View is an icon based view which shows test steps in tabular format. It also automatically generates documentation for the test steps.||There is no concept of dynamic dictionary.|
45. Explain the QTP Testing process?
Quick Test testing process consists of 6 main phases:
Create your test plan – This is the preparatory phase where you identify the exact test steps, test data and expected results for your automated test. You also identify the environment and system configurations required to create and run your QTP Tests.
Recording a session on your application – During this phase , you will execute test steps one by one on your AUT ,and QTP will automatically record corresponding VB script statements for each step performed.
Enhancing your test – In this stage you will insert checkpoints , output values , parameterization , programming logic like if…else loops to enhance the logic of your test script.
Replay & Debug – After enhancements you will replay the script to check whether it’s working properly and debug if necessary.
Run your Test – In this phase you will perform the actual execution of your Test Script.
Analyzing the test results – Once the test run is complete, you will analyze the results in the Test Fusion report generated.
Reporting defects – Any incidents identified need to be reported. If you are using Quality Center , defects can be automatically raised for failed tests in QTP.
46. What are the different types of Test Automation Frameworks?
The types of Automation Frameworks are :
1) Linear Scripting – Record & Playback
2) The Test Library Architecture Framework.
3)The Data-Driven Testing Framework.
4)The Keyword-Driven or Table-Driven Testing Framework.
47. How will you check a web application for broken links using QTP?
You can use the Page Checkpoint which gives a count of valid/invalid links on a page.
48. What is a Run-Time Data Table? Where can I find and view this table?
Data like parameterized output , checkpoint values , output values are stored in the Run-time Table. It is an xls file which is stored in the Test Results Folder. It can also be accessed in the Test Fusion Report.
49. In QTP how you can get the last character from a string?
Code to get the last character of a string in QTP
- print right( “junior,1) ‘ à Output will be “r”
50. What is the test automation framework for UFT?
51. How to add synchronisation points in QTP?
There are 4 ways through which we can add synchronisation points in QTP:
Wait statement : This statement will pause the execution for x seconds until object comes up
Wait property : This method will wait until property of object takes particular value
Exist statement : This statement will wait until object becomes available
Sync method: The code will wait until the browser page is completely loaded. For web application testing this method is used.
52. In QTP explain what is crypt object?
- Example :
- In this example, the value in the pwd variable is encrypted using the Crypt. Encrypt method.
- Then this encrypted value is entered into the editbox.
- pwd= “myvalue”
- pwd = Crypt.Encrypt (pwd)
- Browser(“myb”).WinEdit (“pwd”). SetSecure pwd
Crypt object in QTP is used to encrypt strings.
53. Mention what is the difference between Execute file and loadfunction library?
|In the execute file, we can’t debug the statements.||With loadfunction library, statements can be debug and can also load multiple library files|
54. Explain how you can find length of array in QTP?
The code to find the length of array in QTP is;
- print (ubound(arr)+1)
Ubound returns the last index in array- so length of array will be +1. This will be total number of elements in array
55. Mention what are the different types of recording modes in QTP? Which will be used when?
QTP supports 3 types of recording modes:
Normal mode : It is the default recording mode and used for most of the automation activities. Regardless of their position on screen it recognizes objects.
Low level recording mode: It is useful for recording objects not identified by normal mode of QTP. It records the exact x,y coordinates of your mouse operations.
Analog mode: This mode is useful for the operation such as recording signature, drawing a picture, drag and drop operation.
56. In what ways you can call from one action to another action?
There are two ways you can call from one action to another action:
Call to copy of action: In this, the script and data-table, action object repository will be copied to the destination Test Script
Call to existing Action: In this, script data-table and object repository are not copied instead a call reference would be made to the action in the source script
57. What is the Optional step in QTP? How can you add an optional step in QTP?
When running a test, it fails in opening a dialog box, QTP does not necessarily abort the test run. It passes any step designated “optional” and continues running the test. By default QTP automatically marks optional steps that open certain dialog boxes. In order to set an optional step in the keyword, right click and select “Optional Step”. The icon for optional steps would be added in the next step. In the expert view to add optional step, add optional step to the beginning of the VBScript statement.
58. How to define an array in QTP?
- a) Fixed size array in QTP
- Dim A (10) – single dimension
- Dim MyTable (5,10) – multi-dimension
- b) Dynamic array-size not fixed
- Dim MyArray()ReDim MyArray(25)
- c) Using Array Function in QTP
- A= Array (10, 20,30)
- B= A(2) ‘ B is now 30
Array can be defined in 3 ways in QTP:
59. How can you write contents to a text file in QTP?
- Content = “Guru99”
- Set Fo = createobject(“Scripting.FilesystemObject”)
- Set f =Fo.openTextFile(“c:\abc.txt”, 8,true)
- f.Write (contents)
- Set f= nothing
60. What is HPE Functional testing architecture?
61. What is the code to write data to a text file in UFT?
- Content = “Guru99 Rocks”
- Set Fo = createobject (“Scripting.FilesystemObject”)
- Set f = Fo.openTextFile (“c:\myFile.txt”,8,true) ‘ open in write mode
- f.Write (contents)
- Set f = nothing
To write data to text file in UFT code is:
62. What is the difference between functions and actions in QTP
|Functions is a VB Script programming concept and does not have its own Object Repository or Data Table. Functions help in re-use of your code. Ex: You can create a Function in your script to concatenate two strings.||Actions have their own Object Repository & Data Table. Actions help make your Test modular and increase reuse. Example: You can divide your script into Actions based on functionality like Login, Logout etc.|
63. When is the ‘option explicit’ keyword used in QTP?
To specify that all variable must be declared before use in QTP, ‘Option Explicit’ keyword is used.
64. In QTP how you can exit for loop?
- For count= 1 to 3
- TempNam= mid(Tempstr,count,1)
- If isnumeric(TempNum) Then
- LengtH = LengthNum & TempNam
- Exit For
- End If
- GetStrLenNumber = LengthNum
You must use the “Exit For” statement to exit “for loop” in QTP. “Exit For” statement will get the control out of the “for loop”:
Get JOB Oriented UFT Training for Beginners By MNC Experts
- Instructor-led Sessions
- Real-life Case Studies
65. What is UFT coin?
UniLend (UFT) is a fairly unknown cryptocurrency that experts consider to be a good future investment. Read on to know more about UFT price prediction. … Over the past 24 hours, the price of UFT has gone up by 37 per cent, as per Coin Market Cap.
66. In QTP, explain what a qrs file is?
qrs means “Quicktest Recovery Scenario”. By using recovery scenario manager we can handle exceptions in test execution.In QTP using recovery scenario manager we can handle exceptions in test execution. In QTP when you create a recovery scenario, you must save it in a .qrs file. qrs file may have any number of scenarios defined in it.
67. What is the significance of “action 0” in QTP?
Action 0” is created by default when you create a new test in QTP along with action 1. To determine the sequence in which we call other actions 1,2,3 etc. action 0 is used.
68. Explain how you can replace string in QTP?
- Str = (Guru99)
- Suppose if you want to replace “99” with “88” then the code will
- print replace(str,“99”, “88”) output will be “Guru88”
To replace part of string in QTP we will use the code as shown below:
69. What are the various automation frameworks available in QTP?
- Linear Scripting
- The Test Library Architecture Framework
- The Data Driven Testing Framework
- The Keyword Driven or Table Driven Testing Framework
- The Hybrid Test Automation Framework
Various types of automation frameworks available in QTP are:
70. What is create automation framework by your application using microfocus UFT?
71. What are the codes we can use to get files from ftp server in UFT?
- put- To store single file on server
- get- To download single file from ftp server
- mget- To download multiple files from server
- mput- To store multiple files on server
- delete- To delete files on ftp server
- MyShell.Run “%comspec% /c FTP -n -s:” & commandstoworkwithftp & ” ” & Site, 0,True
To get ftp files from ftp server, you have to use below code:
72. In UFT how you can prevent the system from getting locked?
- To prevent system getting locked, any of the two ways can be used
- Create a simple vbs file having code to press numlock key and run that vbs file
- Edit one registry key “DisableLockWorkstation =1” to disable locking
73. What does descriptive programming in UFT mean?
Descriptive programming includes property name and property value. Whenever UFT is facing difficulty in identifying objects from object repository, and instead the object is directly identified from the script is known as descriptive programming.
74. Does UFT explain the difference between qfl and vbs files?
qfl is quick test function library file while vbs is Microsoft’s vbscript
qfl is a non-executable file while vbs is an executable file
To use file in UFT associate qfl file from test setting, while to include vbs file use “execute file statement”
75. What is the Difference between Bitmap Checkpoint & Image Checkpoint?
|Bitmap checkpoint does a pixel to pixel comparison of an image or part of an image.||Image checkpoint does a pixel to pixel comparison but instead compares image properties like alt text , destination url etc.|
76. What are the types of environment variables in QTP?
- Built-in (Read only)
- User-defined Internal (Read only)
- User-defined External (Read/Write)
- Environment.Value( “name”) = “Guru99”
- You can Retrieve the Environment Variable using following syntax
- Environment.Value(“name”) — This will return name as Guru99
- Environment.Value(“OS”) — This will return your system OS
Environment variables in QTP are of three types:
You Set the Environment Variable using the following syntax:
77. How can you handle exceptions in QTP?
- Triggered Events.
- Recovery steps.
- Post Recovery Test-Run.
In QTP Exceptional handling is done by using:
a. Recovery Scenarios.
b. Using “On Error” statement
In the Recovery scenario you have to define.
At Script Level you can use the On Error Resume Next and On Error Go to 0 statement.
78. What is Test Fusion Report?
Test Fusion Report , displays all aspects of a test run and is organized in a Tree format.
It gives details of each step executed for all iterations.
It also gives a Run-time data table, Screen shots and movie of the test run if opted.
79. How to make QTP understand the difference amongst the same type of objects .Suppose there are 5 check boxes in a page and I have to choose the 2nd one, how to do that through script?
You can use ordinal identifiers like index along with a little descriptive programming for object recognition.
80. What is data driven test?
81. What is a Step Generator?
Step Generator enables us to Add Test Steps in your script. Using step generator you can add steps to your script without actually recording it
82. What is the use of Text output value in QTP?
Text Output values enable you to capture text appearing on the application under test during run-time.
If parameterized, text output values will capture values appearing in each iteration which would be stored in the run-time data table for further analysis.
83. Explain in brief about the QTP Automation Object Model.
QTP Automation Object model deals with Automation of QTP itself. Almost all configuration and functionality provided by QTP is represented by QTP’s Automation Object Model . Almost all dialog boxes in QTP have a corresponding automation object which can set or retrieved using the corresponding properties or methods in the Automation Object Model.QTP Automation Objects can be used along with standard VB programming elements like iterative loops or conditional statements to help you design a script of choice.
84. What is the file extension of the code file in QTP?
Code file extension is script.mts
85. When ordinal identifiers alone can make an object unique then why are they not given top priority? Why is it first mandatory and next assistive? Why cannot we go for ordinal identifiers directly?
Consider the following :
a) If two objects are overlapped on each other then location based object recognition will fail.
b) If only index based recognition is used your script will work but script execution time will increase.
Hence mandatory and assistive properties are used.
86. What is Object Spy ? How to Use it?
Object Spy helps in determining the run & test time object properties & methods of the application under test.
You can access object spy directly from the toolbar or from the Object Repository Dialog Box.
It is very useful during Descriptive Programming
87. Can you switch between Per-Action and Shared Object Repository? If yes how?
Yes .We can switch. Go to Test—>Settings—>Resources. Here you have an option to choose repositories.
88. Explain the keyword CreateObject with an example.
- SYNTAX: CreateObject(servername.typename [, location])
- servername: Required. The name of the application providing the object.
- typename : Required. The type or class of the object to create.
- location : Optional. The name of the network server where the object is to be created.
- Example : Set IE = CreateObject(“InternetExplorer.Application”)
Creates and returns a reference to an Automation object
89. Can we record an application running on a remote machine using QTP?
Yes .you can record remote applications provided you are accessing applications through the local browser not via remoter like citrix.
If you are still unable to record it is advisable install QTP and application, on the same machine
90. What is Hybrid Framework in UFT?
91. What are the properties you would use for identifying a browser & page when using descriptive programming?
- ex: Browser(“name:=”xxx””).page(“name:=”xxxx””)…..
- We can also use the property “micClass”.
- ex: Browser(“micClass:=browser”).page(“micClass:=page”)….
You can use the name property
92. What is descriptive programming?
Typically ,an object and its properties must be recorded in the Object Repository to enable QTP to perform actions on it.
Using descriptive programming , you do not store the object and its property values in the Object repository but mention the property value pair directly in the script.
The idea behind descriptive programming is not to bypass the object repository but to help recognize dynamic objects.
93. What is the logical name of the object?
Logical name is a name given by QTP while creating an object in the repository to uniquely identify it from other objects in the application. This name would be used by the QTP to map the object name in script with its corresponding description in the object repository. Ex: Browser(“Browser”).Page(“Guru99”) Here Guru99 is the logical name of the object.