UIPath: A Concise Tutorial Just An Hour – FREE
Last updated on 07th Jul 2020, Blog, Tutorials
- UiPath is a Robotic Process Automation tool that is used for Windows desktop automation.
- It is used to automate repetitive/redundant tasks and eliminates human intervention.
- The tool is simple to use and has a drag and drop functionality of activities.
- UiPath has a standard Studio version which has a trial period of 60 days.
- The best part is, UiPath also comes with a Community Edition which is free for lifetime and has most of the functionality of the Studio version.
Features of UiPath
- The UiPath can be hosted on the cloud environment or virtual terminals.
- UiPath tool provides Application compatibility and permits a high range of applications, which includes web and desktop applications.
- It has a Centralized repository feature that helps the user to handle all of the robots simultaneously.
- This tool also offers Security, which provides the auto-login feature to execute the bots.
- UiPath has a feature of advanced screen scraping, which works with any type of application such as Dot Net, Java, Flash, PDF, Legacy, SAP with absolute accuracy.
- It has a Reliable tool for modeling business processes. UiPath Studio provides automation excellence with the help of a business process model.
- UiPath tool offers the level of Scalability and Robustness. It also permits the effective debugging and exception handling mechanisms.
- UiPath provides support to handle the day-to-day applications of Artificial intelligence, such as outlook excel and PDF’s.
- The UiPath tool has UiPath Studio advanced product that enables the user to design the automation process visually with the help of diagrams.
- The UiPath Orchestrator is also an important component of the web application that enables the user to deploy, schedule, monitor, and manage the Robotic process.
- UiPath Robot also exists in the UiPath tool, which runs those processes that are built-in UiPath Studio.
- The UiPath tool comes with an integrated data extraction feature that enables the user to query the structured data on the web easily. The query on the web is the same as that of the query from the database.
Advantage of UiPath tool
Following are some pros of UiPath, which are given below:
The extensible platform of UiPath provides hundreds of built-in, customizable, shareable activities and deep integrations with the help of various technologies that are already in use. The UiPath has mobile and browser accessibility.
The ecosystem of the UiPath tool is optimized for faster development and designed in such a way to deliver the Quick return on investments.
3. Artificial Intelligence
The Artificial Intelligence robotic manager reduces the automation costs and meets the service level with the help of synchronized queue work and robot deployments with scheduled workflows and events.
The RPA (Robotic Process Automation) at the enterprise level is expected to deploy and manage various variety and number of processes from front-end-office to back-end-office with regardless of complexity.
The user can train tens, hundreds, or thousands of Robots at the same time by using the UiPath tool. This tool also has absolute consistency in job performance.
5. Quality of the Agile process
The Agile process is the technique that supports continuous iteration of development and tests the developing module throughout the whole software development life cycle of the project. The UiPath tool consists of an agile technique, which is very useful according to both client and organization.
Flexibility is the key advantage of the UiPath tool to build an effective digital workforce. The UiPath tool provides flexibility to both the user and the organizations.
Disadvantage of UiPath
There is some disadvantage of UiPath tool which are given below:
- The UiPath tool of Robotic Process Automation improves the efficiency of organizations by reducing the repetitive human efforts, but there are some limitations of automated work. When automation is applied, then, it requires judgment related to work.
- The RPA tool UiPath is not a cognitive computing solution.
- This tool cannot read any data which is non-electronic with unstructured input.
- When an enterprise uses the UiPath tool to automate the task, then the enterprise needs to be aware of several inputs that are coming by multiple sources.
- The local hosting of the UiPath Orchestrator server is not available in the community edition of UiPath.
- The main disadvantage in the UiPath tool is its auto-start feature of UIRobot.exe.
- The Number of Robots is limited in the Orchestrator community edition.
- The UiPath tool asks the user to activate the libraries from the nugget package manager, which gets deleted every time.
How to download UiPath Community Edition?
- Go to URL https://www.uipath.com/developers/community-edition
- Click on Get Community Edition.
You will be redirected to select the desired version (Community) where you will have to click on Continue Community.
Sign up to UiPath Portal.
Enter your credentials into the portal.
After getting signed up, the user will land on the dashboard with a congratulations message.
Get Hands-on Experience in UiPath Certification CourseWeekday / Weekend BatchesSee Batch Details
Click on Resource Centre from the left side menu.
- Click on the download button under Community Edition.
- UiPath setup will get downloaded.
UiPath Community Edition Installation:
UiPath Community is the first free and fully extensible RPA tool that works for you. Automate any web or desktop application with ease, speed, and reliability. Fully featured, extensible and FREE to use in academia, nonprofits and small businesses with an annual turnover of less than $5 million. It encourages individual developers, education and training entities, as well as small business teams, to benefit from UiPath’s capabilities.
- Go to your download location and double click on UiPathStudioSetup.exe
It may take a few minutes to get started.
Click on Activate Community Edition.
After successful activation, the user will be redirected to UiPath website with a greeting message.
Go back to the already initiated instance of UiPath and click on Help from the left side menu.
From here you can verify either it has been activated or not and which version has been installed. License Details can but viewed by clicking on it and other licenses can also be activated in the same manner.
To give access to installed browser’s UI control and linking with UiPath, plugin/extension needs to be installed for the respective browser. To do so, click on the Tools tab.
Lets say, if you click on Chrome extension then following dialogue box will pop up.
Chrome browser will pop up with asking permission to enable extension.
Now validate either extension has been enabled or not.
Learn UiPath Training & Get Trained By Industry Expert
- Instructor-led Sessions
- Real-life Case Studies
Likewise, do same steps for Firefox.
Now go back to UiPath and click on Process to start new blank project.
Set Name, Location and Description for this project.
Wait for few seconds until default dependencies got added for this new project.
Voila! You are ready to go for RPA development on UiPath to automate any business process.
I hope this guide will surely help you in installing UiPath Studio (Community Edition) on your machine. Just explore studio as well as its forum (Connect + Go) to stay updated regarding it and feel free to contact me if you face any problem.
- We can say that UiPath is the Robotic Process Automation tool, which are current market leaders in all of the RPA tools that are available across the globe. It provides software which can eliminate the tedious and time-consuming tasks.
- UiPath is mainly used to automate repetitive tasks. It eliminates human interventions with drag and drop functionalities for all of the activities. This is the simplest RPA (Robotic Process Automation) tool available in the market.