Controls Software Engineer | Openings in Verizon – Apply Now!
Last updated on 20th May 2020, Blog, Jobs in Hyderabad
Job location: Hyderabad
Experience: 6+ years
As a Controls Software Engineer, you will be responsible for Machine Controls design and software development. You will lead and partner with systems teams to the design Electronic Controls and develop software for machine products manufactured by Caterpillar.
You will have the opportunity to directly contribute to the concept, development, and design of complex control applications, subsystems, or processes while strengthening your analytical skills and mastery of engineering concepts. You will partner with and provide technical guidance to global teams
You will contribute to the planning and delivery of projects, continually learn and stay abreast of innovative technology, mentor and coach team members, and broaden your professional network.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Lead design & development of Electronics Controls system and Software for Machine applications
- Developing Product requirements through interactions with Mechanical design teams
- Drive improvements in Control System design and Software architecture
- Handle Change request entries and address the priorities of the software program deliverable for Machines programs
- Drive the Software development to deliver customer committed deliverable
- Masters/Bachelors Degree in EEE/ECE/E&I/Computer Science with 6 plus years of experience in Product development experience is must.
- Experience is Electronics / embedded product development
- Strong knowledge of Control Systems and Hands on experience in design and development of controls applications
- Strong hands on experience in Embedded Matlab Simulink/C/C++ software development
- Knowledge of PLCs, Motor and Gearbox
- Hands on experience in unit & Integration test plan development.
- Hands on experience in communication protocols like CAN /J1939 /UART/I2C/SPI/MODBUS/EtherCat
- Working Experience with software development & debug tools like Trace32,Ecilipse,Keil C uVision, Code warrior, Wireshark, CANalyzer, CANoe,GDB,Google test etc.
- Strong knowledge of 16/32/64 bit micro controllers, EEPROM,FLASH and RAM usage.
- Strong leadership, communication and organizational skills.
- Strong project management skills, able to plan, organize and lead large, complex projects with diverse project teams and bring projects to successful closure.
- Excellent analytical skills & Attention to detail
- Self-starter with strong technical leadership skills
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good focus on quality & velocity
- Experience in Automation, Python Scripting is added advantage
- Exposure to Caterpillar Machines, SDLC Process
- Experience in System Level Testing / Hardware In Loop Testing / Closed Loop Testing / DSpace Testing
- Basic knowledge on Python, Perl and CAPL Scripts
- Driving Root Cause Analysis on Software Issues
- Inculcated some of the Agile Principles
- Performed Functional & Regression Testing
- Experience on Test Automation