Linux Administrator | Openings in Accenture – Apply Now!
Last updated on 15th May 2020, Blog, Jobs in Chennai
Work Location: Chennai
- Perform system administrative tasks for UNIX, Linux, and legacy mainframe platforms.
- Examine operational requirements and identify areas where changes can be made to equipment or operational procedures to improve performance of mission systems, equipment availability, and utilization.
- Perform trouble shooting of systems and correction of discrepancies. Determine corrective actions and prepare recommendations to aid in the solution of problems.
- Administer and review system backups to ensure data is correctly backed up; perform system restorations from systems backups.
- Follows the design process to provide complete IT Solutions including hardware, software, configuration, and process based on collaboration and analysis with stakeholders, industry best practice and best value solutions.
- Uses root cause analysis, corrective actions, tactical planning and strategic planning to correct problems, provide improved response and project long term investments required to provide sufficient support for the business.
- Ability to manage or participate on complex issues impacting the infrastructure.
- Advanced knowledge of server including linux, windows server, VMware ESX, VCLOUD in all areas (examples: configuration, tuning, capacity management, security, compliance, monitoring, automation, support, client relationships, and other areas).
- Monitoring Servers/Networks and fixing/escalating issues, Load balancers, Ticket Routing, Live Call Escalation, User Account Maintenance, Provide basic technical assistance and support for incoming queries directly or by escalation.
- Prepare software environment for new projects to include creating user packs and validating/testing of resources.
- Manage all system accounts, file architecture and configuration management.
- Assist users and operators on day-to-day issues.
- Excellent foundation knowledge on Linux systems including Mail Servers, MTA (send mail, Qmail, Postfix) DNS Server, Spam Filter, Proxy, FTP, NFS, SAMBA, DHCP, DNS, LAMP,LEMP, Apache, NGINX, Shell scripting.
- Possess excellent Communication skills, should work in Productive teams.
- Ability to hustle.
- Analytical Thinking.
- Team Player.
- Motivated & Career-Driven.
- Disciplined, hardworking.
- B.E/B.Tech, M.E/M.Tech, BCA, MCA. Candidates with relevant work experience.