Read [BEST] SalesForce ADMIN Interview Questions and Answers
Last updated on 03rd Jun 2020, Blog, Interview Questions
Sales Force a group of employees whose job is to sell their company’s products or services, especially by visiting or phoning customers and possible customers: build/control/manage a sales force It is impossible to manage a sales force without a tight control over the sales force turnover rate.Salesforce is a cloud computing service as a software (SaaS) company that specializes in customer relationship management (CRM). Salesforce’s services allow businesses to use cloud technology to better connect with customers, partners and potential customers.
1.What is Cloud computing?
“Cloud Computing is a new trend in IT development, deployment, Delivery module of business Products, Services that are provided over the internet that are been used by the real time User“
2.Expand CRM and briefly explain about CRM ?
Full form for CRM or Acronym for CRM is “Customer Relationship Management “. We can understand from the full form where CRM is an application used to automate Sales and marketing functions by using a Software called CRM Software . By using CRM Software every Company / Organization plans to increase their revenues and profits. This strategy of increasing revenue is done mainly by attracting Customers, clients, Sales etc.
3. List some CRM Software?
We have a number of CRM softwares which are provided by top CRM companies some of them are listed below depending upon their present market.
- Salesforce CRM.
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Oracle CRM.
- SAP CRM.
- Sage CRM.
- NetSuite CRM.
- Oracle CRM on Demand.
- Oracle Sales Cloud(Fusion CRM).
4. What are the Advantages of Cloud Computing?
- Cloud computing has made tremendous growth in processing power, reliability of the Internet and the great increase in broadband speeds.
- It makes tremendous sense to make use of the centralized server of the provider of cloud computing services as not only does it reduce the costs to a great extent by making redundant the need to buy several software licenses, it also eliminates the huge costs required by an organization to maintain and upgrade existing software.
5. What is a Lightning Component?
6.What are deployment modes of cloud computing?
Cloud computing services can be provided in four different deployment modes depending on size and structure of an organization. Four deployment modes of cloud computing are
- Public Cloud.
- Private Cloud.
- Hybrid Cloud and
- Community Cloud.
7. What is PaaS?
PaaS means” Platform as a Service”. Here in “PaaS “ the cloud service provider provides hardware, OS(operating System), Storage, Network services over the cloud. It is the way of rent. If there is no service like Platform and there will be no Applications. Which applications are built on a Platform.
8. What is SaaS?
SaaS means Software as a Service. Through these Services all the software’s are distributed over the cloud. By using SaaS no need to install any software, all software’s are readily available over the internet .
9. What is IaaS?
Full form IaaS is “Infrastructure as a Service”. Here in IaaS the cloud service providers will provide infrastructure like servers, hosting services and storage. Servers and storage are the basic services provided by Cloud Service Providers.
10. What is Public Cloud?
Public clouds can be available to people across the world. In this Public Cloud the user has no control over the resources.
11. What is Private Cloud?
Private Cloud Can be accessed only within the limited premises. Private cloud Cloud Services Providers Cloud infrastructure to particular Organization or Business specially. This Cloud infrastructure is not provided to others.
12. What is Hybrid Cloud?
Hybrid Cloud is the combination of a number of clouds of any type but the cloud has the ability to allow data and / or applications to be moved from one cloud to another cloud. Hybrid Cloud is a combination of (Public Cloud ,Private Cloud, Community Cloud). Here API is used as an interface between public and Private Cloud.
13. What are the different types of Cloud Service providers?
Cloud Service Providers are those who provide cloud services to the business and customers or consumers. Cloud Service providers will have huge databases, Data centers, infrastructure, software’s, platform and hardware systems.
14. Difference between Public and Private Cloud?
Public clouds can be available to people across the world. In this Public Cloud the user has no control over the resources. Where Private Cloud Can be accessed only within the limited premises. Private cloud Cloud Services Providers Cloud infrastructure to particular Organization or Business specially. This Cloud infrastructure is not provided to others.
15. Salesforce.com is based on which cloud computing Service ?
Salesforce.com is based on Software as a Service ( SaaS).
16. What are common factors on SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS?
SaaS, Paas and IaaS are the three types of services provided using “cloud”. Their common factor for providing services to organizations and customers is the “CLOUD”depending upon the types of the service they need. Saas provides Software service on cloud where PaaS provides Platform for application development and finally IaaS provides Infrastructure.
17.What is Salesforce?
18.Different Salesforce Editions?
Salesforce.com provides different types of editions and features depending upon the cloud. For Sales cloud it provides four different types of editions. They are
19.Number of Salesforce Editions released per year?`
Salesforce Releases e updates for every year. They are
20.Difference between Salesforce.com and Force.com?
Salesforce.com and fore.com are relatively the same but they are different in their functionality. Salesforce.com is used to develop CRM functionality based application where force.com is used to customize our data model, business logic and User interface
21.What is Database.com?
Database.com is a type of service provided by Salesforce.com to enhance the power of Salesforce.com CRM applications. Database.com provides “Data as a Service” to subscribers.
22.How many types of portals are available in Salesforce?
In Salesforce.com we have three types of portals. They are
- Customer Portal.
- Partner portal.
- Self Service portal.
23. What is an App in Salesforce?
App means an Application. In Salesforce an Application consists of a group of tabs which are designed to work as a single function. We have a number of applications in Salesforce.com some of them are sales, marketing, chatter, site.com, work.com etc.
We can create new applications and also customize for the existing apps in Salesforce.com. To create a new app in sfdc go to Setup=>Build=>Create=>App.
24.Different types of objects in Salesforce.com? And why were they called so?
In Salesforce.com we have two types of objects. They are
- Standard objects.
- Custom Objects.
- Standard Objects :- Standard objects are called so because they are created and provided by Salesforce.com.
- Custom Objects :- Custom objects are those which are created by an User in salesforce.com.
25.What is an object in Salesforce?
An Objects is represented as a database table which stores organization data . Objects consist of a set of fields and we store data against that field. To view data Salesforce provided TABS.
To create custom fields go to Setup=>Build=>Create=>Object.
26.What is TAB in Salesforce?
Salesforce.com provides a list of tabs and are placed in the Tab menu. To access data of an object’s Tabs are used. Tabs in Salesforce are three types.
- Custom Tabs.
- Visualforce Tabs.
- Web Tabs.
27. List examples of custom field types?
Some of the custom field types are date field, Date/Time field, Currency field, Checkbox field, Number field, Text field, Pick list field, Email field, percent fields, phone field, Url field and many more.
28.What are the Standard and Custom Fields in Salesforce?
- Standard fields for custom objects store the information about created by, modified by, currency, Name, owner and Division. These are the standard fields in Salesforce.com.
- Custom fields for custom objects store unique data or information of an organization.
29. How many custom fields can I create in an object?
In the Unlimited edition we can create up to 500 fields per object. In professional edition we can create up to 100 custom fields per object.
30. What is a profile?
Profiles are those which define user’s to perform different functions like settings and permissions in salesforce. It is another way to restrict or control access to a particular record.
Profiles are of two types.
- Standard Profile.
- Custom Profile.
- Standard Profile : Profiles created by force.com are called Standard Profiles.
- Custom Profiles :Profiles created by users are called Custom Profiles.
31. What is Role?
Role Hierarchy settings make the managers and subordinates to edit, and view the records. The users in the Hierarchy can be able to view, edit and report all the data shared.
To create roles in salesforce go to setup=>Administer=>Manage Users=> Roles.
32.Difference between Role and Profile?
Using we can provide record level access like organization wide defaults, Role hierarchy, sharing rules and Manual sharing. Simply roles influence record level access.
Profiles :- Using profile object level and field level access can be made like general permissions, tab level permissions, read & write permissions etc.
33. Number of standard profiles available in Salesforce.com?
In salesforce we have 6 standard profiles.
- Standard user.
- Solution manager.
- Marketing User.
- Read only.
- System administrator.
34. How can you use the term “Transfer Record” in profile?
Transfer record is a type of permission in salesforce. If a user is given access to transfer a record then the user will have the ability to transfer the records which have Read access.
35.Tell me about Company Profile?
In salesforce.com company profile consists of information about language, locale, time zone, number of licenses, storage and available space, about fiscal year, address and currencies.
Learn Hands-On Practical Salesforce Certification Course By MNC TrainersWeekday / Weekend BatchesSee Batch Details
36.How to get a security token in Salesforce.com?
To get a security token in salesforce.com go to your name=>Personal=>Reset my Security token.
37.What is a Fiscal Year in Salesforce?
Fiscal years in Salesforce are used to define the starting and ending date of an organization’s financial year.Fiscal years in salesforce are two types they are.
- Standard fiscal year :- To change the starting month of the fiscal year this type is used.
- Custom fiscal year :- We can set custom fiscal year dates like quarters, weeks.
38.What is a dependent picklist?
Dependent Picklist allows to contain multiple values and pick value one among them or Multiple values among them. Dependent fields depend upon controlling fields.
39.What is Page Layout and Record Types?
- Page Layout :- In page layout customization can be done like fields, related lists, custom links can be arranged.
- Record Types :- Record types in salesforce helps to implement business processes like defining picklist values for standard and custom pick lists.
40.How to delete users from Salesforce?
In salesforce.com, deleting a user is not possible. But the user can be deactivated by freezing that user in salesforce. To deactivate users go to Setup=>Administer=>Manage users=>Users=>Click on Freeze.
41.How to freeze users in salesforce.com?
In salesforce.com, deleting a user is not possible. But the user can be deactivated by freezing that user in salesforce. To deactivate users go to Setup=>Administer=>Manage users=>Users=>Click on Freeze.
42.In how many ways can we store files, images and documents in salesforce.com? what are they?
In Salesforce.com we can store files, images and documents in 5 types.
- Google drive.
- Chatter Files.
43.What are Static Resources?
44.List some standard indexed fields in salesforce.com?
Id, name, owner fields, lookup fields, master-detail relationship fields, audit dates like Last Modified dates etc are the standard indexed fields in Salesforce.com.
45.Which fields are Indexed by default in Salesforce?
Salesforce indexed some fields by default they are Id, name, owner fields, lookup fields, master-detail relationship fields, audit dates like Last Modified dates.
46.Which fields cannot be added as a custom Index?
47.What are different kinds of reports?
There are three types of reports in salesforce.com they are
- Tabular reports.
- Summary reports.
- Matrix reports
48.What are Standard Reports?
Standard reports in salesforce are those provided by salesforce.com. These types of reports can not be deleted and used primarily for creating custom reports
49. What is a Sharing Rule?
Sharing rules in Salesforce represent the permissions and exceptions to your organization. By using sharing rules we can grant access to edit, read, read/write permissions to users. Sharing Rules are of two types. They are
- Manual Sharing.
- Automatic Sharing.
50. What is Manual Sharing?
Manual sharing is the process of sharing records manually.
51. What is permission set?
Permission sets in salesforce.com are the combination of different settings and permission sets given to users to access records and files.
Note :- Manual sharing is available for only Organization wide default settings are private to the object.
52. Difference between profiles and permission sets?
In these Permission sets we define the access level of the user. Generally we determine what a user can do in the applications. These are used to grant additional permission to a user.
Profiles : In Object level Security, Profiles are assigned to the user by system administrator. A profile can be assigned to many users where as a user can have only one Profile.
53. How can you define Field Dependency?
In Field dependency, we have fields controlling fields and dependent fields. When a selection is made the controlling field controls dependent picklist values.
Ex:- When a country is selected in a dependent picklist then the states are available to that country. Here the country is the controlling field and the State is a dependent field.
54. How many field dependencies can we use in the VisualForce page?
We can use up to 10 field dependencies in visualforce pages.
55. Tell me about Field-Level Security?
In field level security, we control the user what to see, edit, delete of a particular field in the object.
Get Best Salesforce Training with Integrated Cloud-lab Facility
- Instructor-led Sessions
- Real-life Case Studies
56. Briefly described about Field-Level Security?
In field level security, we control the user what to see, edit, delete of a particular field in the object. In some situations like if we want to grant access control over Object to a user but the user should not be able to access some particular fields in that object then we go for Field Level Security.
Field Level Security can be controlled by Profiles and Permission sets.
= > Profiles.
- Page Layouts.
- IP Ranges.
- Login Hours.
- Client Access.
= > Permission sets.
- App Permissions.
- Record Types.
- Tab Settings.
- Assigned Apps.
- Object Permissions.
- Field Level Security.
- Apex Classes
- Visualforce Pages
57. What are Login Hours and Login IP Ranges?
- Login hours are set in an organization to restrict the user’s who try to login before or after login hours.
To set login hours in an organization go to Setup=>Administration=>Manage users=>Profiles.
- IP ranges are used to restrict any login attempt from unknown IP addresses. Usually organizations maintain login IP ranges.
To set Login IP ranges in salesforce go to Setup=>Administration Setup=>Manage Users=> Profiles.
58. What is a User Record?
User records consist of key information about the user.
59. What is a Record Owner?
Record Ownership : The User or Queue who controls and have the right to access a record.
Generally there are two types of Owners. They are
60. What are Organization Wide Defaults?
- Organization wide Defaults define the baseline level of access to data records for all users in an Organization.
- Organization wide Defaults are used to restrict access to data(Records).
- Organization wide Defaults(OWD) can be defined for Standard Objects and Custom Objects.
61. What is a Role and Role Hierarchy?
Salesforce uses role hierarchy to automatically grant access to users by default. We can not edit Grant Access using Hierarchies for standard objects and can edit Grant Access using Hierarchies check box for Standard objects.
62. What is Access at the Role Level?
Access at the role level depends upon the organization wide defaults.
63. What are the different types of Sharing Rules in Salesforce and explain them?
- Account sharing Rule.
- Contact Sharing Rule.
- Case Sharing Rule.
- Opportunity sharing Rule.
- Lead Sharing Rule.
- Custom Object sharing Rule.
64. In how many ways can we share a record?
Records can be shared in 5 types they are
- Role Hierarchy.
- Organization Wide Defaults.
- Manual Sharing.
- Criteria Based Sharing Rules.
- Apex Sharing.
65. Best Practices of Creating Contact Sharing Rules?
Organization wide default settings are used to set red, write, read/write permissions
66.What are custom Reports?
Custom reports in salesforce are those created by users with specific criteria. These types of report can be deleted, edited and stored in personal folders
67.What is a Tabular report ?
Tabular reports in salesforce are those where the data is displayed in the form of a list. In Tabular reports custom data is arranged without subtotals.
68. What are governor limits?
Governor Limits in Salesforce.com are the run time limits enforced by the apex runtime engine to write scalable and efficient code.
69.What is a Summary Report?
Summary reports in salesforce are those where the data is displayed in the form of summary format. Sorting, sum-total of data can be available in this report.
70.How to clear the Time based workflow action queue?
We can clear time based workflow action queue in two ways they are
- Make the criteria false.
- Removing scheduled actions from the queue.
71.When you can’t add Time dependent action in the Workflow rule?
Time dependent actions in workflow rules can not be added when the following actions take place.
- When the workflow rule is active.
- When the workflow rule is deactivated and has pending actions in the queue.
- When the workflow rule criteria of a record is set to: created, and every time it’s edited.
- When the workflow rule is included in a package.
72. How can you change the setting “Grant Access Using Hierarchies” for Standard Objects ?
It is not possible , by default Grant Access Using Hierarchies options are enabled for standard objects and they can not be changed.For custom objects we can change “Grant Access Using Hierarchies “settings .
73.What is a Matrix Report?
Matrix reports are sales forces are those where the data is arranged in grid format having rows and columns. Data is arranged vertically and horizontally in tables like excel format.
74. While setting OWD (Organization wide sharing), can we change/modify the setting of child records in case of Master-Detail relationship?
No, we can not change the settings of the child record in the Master Detail relationship because the child record is controlled by the parent record.
75. Number of accesses available in Organization Wide Defaults and what are they?
We have 13 types of access in Organization default settings. They are
- Controlled by parent
- Public Read Only.
- Public Read/Write.
- Public Read/Write/Transfer.
- Public Full Access.
- No Access.
- View Only.
- Hide Details.
- Hide Details and Events.
- Show Details.
- Show Details and events.
76. In the Partner Community, external users are having appropriate OWD and Profile Settings for Opportunity or consider any other Object. However they are getting insufficient privilege access, what might be the cause of this error ?
- First check that every field used in the report has Field level security for external users.
- Check whether Standard Report Visibility settings are enabled, if it is enabled users will be able to see reports which are based on standard report types.
- Now external users can be able to access sensitive information from internal users.
77. What are the different types of Relationships in SFDC?What are they?
They are four types of Relationships in Salesforce.com. They are
- Master-Detail relationship.
- Look-up Relationship.
- May-Many Relationship.
- Hierarchy Relationship (we can not use this relationship).
78. What is a “Look-up Relationship”?
- No parent is required.
- Relationships are optional.
- No impact on Security.
- Roll-Up summary fields cannot be available.
- 25 look-up relationships can be created to one Object.
79. What is “Master-Detail Relationship”?
We create a Master-Detail Relationship using Junction Object in Salesforce.
- Child record must have an associated parent.
- Cascade record-level security.
- Cascade record deletion.
- Roll-up Summary fields can be established.
- Standard objects can not be a detail object.
- Standard Objects can be a Master object
- Maximum 2 Master-Detail Relationships can be created to an Object.
- Records can be reparented.
80. What is a “Self Relationship”?
Self Relationship is nothing but creating relationships between two same objects. This Self Relationship is a Look-up Relationship to the same object.
81.Time-Dependent Workflow – Considerations?
When defining time dependent workflows in salesforce we have to use standard and custom date and date/time fields defined for the object.
- We have to specify time using days and hours.
- Also add actions to existing time triggers.
82. Define various characters of Roll-up Summary Field?
- Roll-Up Summary field can be created only in an object which is referred to as an object with a master detail relationship field.
- Roll-Up Summary field can only be created for Master-detail Relationship.
- Roll-Up Summary field can not be created for Look-up Relationship.
- It Derives the data from child Objects.
- We can’t change the field type of a field that we reference in a roll-up summary field.
- Auto numbers are not available here.
- Roll-Up Summary fields are not available for mapping lead fields of converted fields.
83. List out the functions of the Roll-up Summary field ?
- Count : It calculates the total number of related records.
- Sum : It totals the values of selected fields.
- Min : Displays lowest value.
- Max : Displays the highest value.
84. What is Many-Many Relationship in Salesforce ?
- Many-Many Relationships between two objects can be created.
- Junction Object is used to create Many-Many Relationships.
- Junction objects can also be called as Join Objects.
- Junction Object links each object in Many-Many Relationship.
85.What is a Trend Report?
Trend reports in salesforce are those which display historical data. Trend reports are used to analyse which fields contain data that we want to leave out.
86.What are Custom Report Types?
Custom report types in salesforce allows us to build framework in the report wizard when creating custom reports. These custom reports can be created between standard and custom objects.
87.Who can run Reports?
In Salesforce.com, most reports run automatically when we click on the report name. If we want to run a report click on “Run Report” to run automatically.
88. Is it possible to create Roll up summary field on a parent object ?
Yes, we can create a Roll up Summary field on a parent object only with master detail relation between objects.
89.What is a bucket field in reports?
In salesforce reports, bucket fields are used to categorize reports records . When we use a bucket field in reports there is no need of creating formulas or a custom field.
90. What is a Junction Object?
In salesforce, Junction Objects are the part of the objects which joins one object to another. These are specially used to join many objects in Many to Many relationships.
91. What are the main things needed to consider in the “Master-Detail Relationship”?
Cascade deletion of the child records is done when the parent record is deleted in Master-Detail Relationship.
92. Can we convert the lookup relationship to Master Detail relationship? If so How can we convert?
Yes, we can convert Look-Up relationships to Master-Details Relationships. Conversion can be done only if all the fields have valid look-Up fields values only.’
93. Can we create Master Detail relationships on existing records?
Yes, It is possible to create a Master-Detail Relationship on an existing record. First we have to create a Look-Up relationship to a record then convert it to master-Detail Relationship.
94. How to create many to many relationships between two objects?
Many to Many Relationships can be created using Junction objects.
95.What are the different Dashboard Components?
Salesforce dashboard components are used to represent data. Salesforce dashboards have some visual representation components like graphs, charts, gauges, tables, metrics and visualforce pages. We can use up to 20 components in single dashboard
96.What is Time-Dependent Workflow?
Time dependent workflows are not executed independently. Time dependent workflows remain constant in the workflow queue as long as the workflow rule criteria is valid.
97.What is a Workflow Alert?
Email alert is one of the actions used in workflow and approval. They are used to generate email templates by a workflow rule or approval process and sent to destination recipients. We can send workflow email alerts to users, contacts having an valid email address.
98.What is a Workflow Task?
Workflow tasks in salesforce are used to assign a task to users. Using tasks we can specify the Subject, Status, Priority, and Due Date of the task. Tasks are workflow & approval actions that are triggered by workflow rules or approval processes.
99. A custom object contains some records, now my requirement is to create a field in this object with master detail relationship.
No. we can not create master detail relationship first create lookup relationship and associate look fields for every parent record and then convert this to Master detail relationship.