How to Become a Hadoop Developer? [ Job & Future ]
Last updated on 09th Jul 2020, Blog, General
Hadoop Developer is the most aspired and highly-paid role in current IT Industry. This High-Caliber profile takes superior skillset to tackle with gigantic volumes of data with remarkable accuracy. In this article, we will understand the job description of a Hadoop Developer.Who is a Hadoop Developer?
Hadoop Developer is a professional programmer, with sophisticated knowledge of Hadoop components and tools. A Hadoop Developer, basically designs, develops and deploys Hadoop applications with strong documentation skills.
To become a Hadoop Developer, you have to go through the road map described.
- A strong grip on the SQL basics and Distributed systems is mandatory.
- Build your own Hadoop Projects in order to understand the terminology of Hadoop
- Being comfortable with Java is a must. Because Hadoop was developed using Java
- A Bachelors or a Masters Degree in Computer Science
Hadoop Development involves multiple technologies and programming languages. The important skills to become a successful Hadoop Developer are enlisted below.
- Basic knowledge of Hadoop and its Ecosystem
- Able to work with Linux and execute dome of the basic commands
- Hands-on Experience with Hadoop Core components
- Hadoop technologies like MapReduce, Pig, Hive, HBase.
- Ability to handle Multi-Threading and Concurrency in the Ecosystem
- The familiarity of ETL tools and Data Loading tools like Flume and Sqoop
- Should be able to work with Back-End Programming.
- Experienced with Scripting Languages like PigLatin
- Good Knowledge of Query Languages like HiveQL
Hadoop Developer is one of the most highly rewarded profiles in the world of IT Industry. Salary estimations based on the most recent updates provided in the social media say the average salary of Hadoop Developer is more than any other professional.
Let us now discuss the salary trends for a Hadoop Developer in different countries based on the experience. Firstly, let us consider the United States of America. Based On Experience, the big data professionals working in the domains are offered with respective salaries as described below.
The entry-level salaries starting at 75,000 US$ to 80,000 US$ and on the other hand, the candidates with 20 plus years of experience are being offered 125,000 US$ to 150,000 US$ per annul.
Followed by the United States of America, we will now discuss the salary trends for Hadoop Developers in the United Kingdom.
The Salary trends for a Hadoop Developer in the United Kingdom for an entry-level developer starts at 25,000 Pounds to 30,000 Pounds and on the other hand, for an experienced candidate, the salary offered is 80,000 Pounds to 90,000 Pounds.
Followed by the United Kingdom, we will now discuss the Hadoop Developer Salary Trends in India.
The Salary trends for a Hadoop Developer in India for an entry-level developer starts at 400,00 INR to 500,000 INR and on the other hand, for an experienced candidate, the salary offered is 4,500,000 INR to 5,000,000 INR.Job Trends
- The number of Hadoop jobs has increased at a sharp rate from 2014 to 2019.
- It has risen to almost double between April 2016 to April 2019.
- 50,000 vacancies related to Big data are currently available in business sectors of India.
- India contributes to 12% of Hadoop Developer jobs in the worldwide market.
- The number of offshore jobs in India is likely to increase at a rapid pace due to outsourcing.
- Almost all big MNCs in India are offering handsome salaries for Hadoop Developers in India.
- 80% of market employers are looking for Big Data experts from engineering and management domains.
Start Your Big Data Hadoop Developer Certification Course By Expert TrainingWeekday / Weekend BatchesSee Batch Details
The Top ten Companies hiring Hadoop Developers are,
- Hadoop is a technology that the future relies on. Major large-scale enterprises need Hadoop for storing, processing and analysing their big data. The amount of data is increasing exponentially and so is the need for this software.
- In the year 2018, the Global Big Data and Business Analytics Market were standing at US$ 169 billion and by 2022, it is predicted to grow to US$ 274 billion. However, a PwC report predicts that by 2020, there will be around 2.7 million job postings in Data Science and Analytics in the US alone.
- If you are thinking to learn Hadoop, Then it’s the perfect time.
Different companies have different issues with their data, so, the roles and responsibilities of the developers need a varied skill set to capable enough to handle multiple situations with instantaneous solutions. Some of the major and general roles and responsibilities of the Hadoop Developer are.
- Developing Hadoop and implementing it with optimum Performance
- Ability to Load data from different data sources
- Design, build, install, configure and support Hadoop system
- Ability to translate complex technical requirements in detailed a design.
- Analyse vast data storages and uncover insights.
- Maintain security and data privacy.
- Design scalable and high-performance web services for data tracking.
- High-speed data querying.
- Loading, deploying and managing data in HBase.
- Defining job flows using schedulers like Zookeeper
- Cluster Coordination services through Zookeeper
With this, we come to an end of this article. I hope I have thrown some light on to your knowledge on a Hadoop Developer along with skills required, roles and responsibilities, job trends and Salary trends.