25+ [ SURE SHOT ] Automation Anywhere Interview Questions & Answers
Last updated on 04th Jun 2020, Blog, Interview Questions
Automation Anywhere is a developer of robotic process automation (RPA) software, which employs software bots to complete processes. These products combine traditional RPA with cognitive elements such as natural language processing and reading unstructured data.It is a Web-Based Management System which uses a Control Room to run the Automated Tasks. Automation Anywhere tool can automate ends to end business operations for companies.
1. What Do You Mean By Automation? What Are Its Benefits?
It is basically a technique to automate the tasks and processes with the help of customized equipment which rely upon technology. It is valuable for the associations to consider automation as it enhances capability and cuts down the botches from a couple of business techniques and transactions. Moreover, human interference can be avoided up to a great extent. Different strategies can be automated with the usage of specific equipment and expertise.
2. What Do You Know About The Common Steps That Are Involved In Automation Anywhere Process?
The very first thing is to select the test tool. After this, the next step is to describe the scope of automation anywhere followed by the steps planning, designing and development. Next step is Testing execution and the last step is maintenance. It is essential to follow the steps in the defined sequence to remove confusion.
3. What Are The Important Factors That Must Be Taken Care Of While Planning Automation Anywhere?
Before doing anything, the essential thing to concentrate is picking the Automation tool that is beneficial. It is critical to pay equal attention to the framework if it is accessible. The test environment setup is furthermore imperative to consider on priority. Another factor that matters a lot is recognizing the test Deliverables. Additionally, factors, for instance such as the timeline of the project and its execution are substitute factors that must be taken in the midst of the planning stage.
4. Is It Possible To Use Automation Anywhere Testing For Agile Method? What Are The Factors That Can Affect It?
Yes it is possible. However in some cases, there are conditions in which it isn’t useful. The primary concern is a significant part of the time changing the necessities of Agile testing. In such a case, it isn’t possible to use it. Normally there is a need for a multifaceted level of documentation. In such situations also the testing for agile methods is not useful. However, in case of continuous integration, it is possible to use it simply.
5. What Are The Automation Tools You Are Certified In?
It depends on you. You can indicate here about the tools you have good command or skills in. Generally, it is asked from skilled professionals in Automation.
6. What Are The Features You Would Look While Selecting A Tool For Automation Anywhere?
The tools must be simple to use and have test environment support available simply. It must have debugging capability for the smooth operations. It is quite true that testing images and objects are the vital aspects in the Automation Anywhere. Hence, it must have a better image and object testing skill. Also, it must be able to test the database. Object identification and multiple framework support are the other features that must be there in a tool for Automation Anywhere.
7. Name Any Five Things Which You Can Automate?
Below are the following five things:
- Smoke Sanity test suite
- Smoke test suite
- Automation behind GUI
- Build deployment
- Test data creation
8. What Factors Are Important To Consider For Scripting Standard For Automation Anywhere Testing?
The important factors are:
- For every ten lines of code, there should be three lines of code.
- Maximum use of framework wherever possible is also an important factor
- Proper indentation, Uniform naming convention, Error handling and management
9. Name Any Two Important Tools For Automation Anywhere Testing?
Although there are various tools but the ones that are considered as best are:
- Rational Robot
Both of them are equally powerful and help to get results that are totally error free.
10. What Are The Reasons For Not Considering Manual Testing In Automation Anywhere Approach?
The best issue is it needs a huge amount of additional resources and furthermore it’s a time-consuming process if done manually. There are certain chances of heaps that can declare their presence as a result of mistake. When projects are time constrained or when they are to an incredible degree far reaching, plainly obvious, it’s not a wise option to consider manual testing. It can degrade the performance of benefits performing testing as a result of losing interest by performing the same task again and again in a short time span.
11. What Do You Know About The Type Of Framework That Is Used In Automation Anywhere Software?
There are four important frameworks that are commonly used:
- Keyword Driven Automation Framework.
- Data-driven automation framework.
- Hybrid Automation Framework
- Modular automation framework.
12. What Do You Mean By Sikuli?
Sikuli is basically a significant tool in Automation that can be used when it comes to graphical user interface. It makes use of the VIM method and holds several web elements.
13. What Are The Uses Of Sikuli?
Sikuli is an extreme powerful tool that can be used for automating the blast objects, as well as websites. At whatever point there is a need of clear API, it can simply be used. Moreover, it can be integrated with different frameworks, such as, Java, .Net. Windows based applications can be automated fundamentally with the help of Sikuli. Moreover, it is possible to interface it with various tools, such as Selenium.
14. How You Will Handle Errors In Automation Anywhere Approach?
Modern tools used in the scenario are able for this issue. The fact is automation softwares is well equipped with an error-handling mechanism to find the errors that often declare their presence. In case any manual action is needed, the same can be done by building logic in the system.
15. In Automation Anywhere Approach, What Exactly You Will Automate First?
Modern automation softwares is fortified with one of the best features and i.e. they can analyze ROI and provide useful information on tasks that offer benefits and simply help in knowing what to be automated first. Obviously, this cut down the confusion that often comes due to the priority of automation. Recommendations from the employees in case of its operation in a business can also be taken so that complex processes can be automated first and employees’ burden can be reduced.
16. What Types Of Different Systems Are Required For Automation Anywhere?
Since there is no necessity of back-end coding, any type of system can be considered. This is one of the leading benefits of this approach as well.
17. What Is Selenium? What Do You Know About It?
Selenium is basically a framework for the test suite that is extensively considered in Automation anywhere approach. It is open source and can be very useful when it is about automating the mobile, as well as web environments. Its support scripting languages such as Python, PHP, Ruby, Java, Perl, and so on makes it one of the best framework
18. What Do You Mean By Qtp?
QTP stands for Quick test professional and is basically an Automation tool that is used in test environments.
19. What Is The Purpose Of Automation Anywhere And What Are The Challenges Associated?
Automation Anywhere is a decent approach that aims to save time and cut down the human mistakes. It is mainly a form of artificial intelligence that is helpful in making the jobs and processes more superior in every aspect. The biggest challenges related in the present scenario are skills shortage and sometimes cost. However, a lot of tasks can be made run without a break without worrying about their letdown.
20. What Should Be Paid Attention To During The Task Creation?
There are various methods available to ensure Automation is under control and is actually not wasting time, money and efforts. Task creation is mainly a useful approach that simply lets the automation process work reliably provided you engage only those in the processes who have good assistance.
21. Is It Possible To Achieve 100% Automation?
Yes, it is possible to achieve 100% automation but generally extremely complex. Complete automation even has a lot of drawbacks too. Generally, it is not the primary target in any automation process and operations that aim the same are not considered in most of the projects based on automation.
22. Name A Few Automation Tools You Heard About? Are All Tools Free?
There are various tools available and not all of them are free:
- Selenium and JMeter are basically open source.
- The paid ones are Loadrunner, RFT, Rational, DTP and Ranorex.
23. Name The Different Recorders Available In Automation Anywhere?
- Object Recorder
- Easy recorder
- Web recorder
24. What is a Clipboard and its functionality in Automation Anywhere?
A Clipboard is a special variable which stores the value of a system clipboard (Ctrl+c). We can utilize clipboard sub commands like Clear Clipboard, Assign to Clipboard, and Assign from Clipboard to variable clipboard value.
25. What is the system variable used for reading data from a CSV/Text file?
File Data Column is the system variable used in a loop to read each record in a CSV/Text file and it returns the single node of the file (Return type is String).
26. What features will carry forward when we deploy a task in the AA control Room?
Properties of the respective task will carry forward to the control room when we deploy a task, Unlike Schedule and Triggers will only restrict to Developer Client.
27.How many commands are in AA command library?
There are nearly 575+ commands available in Automation Anywhere command Library in AAE Client Task Editor.
28. What is the difference between Email Automation Command and Send Email command?
Using Email Automation Command we can automatically manage the email messages such as manage your incoming emails and extract attachments to specific folders, clear unwanted email messages, communicate with your email server and monitor email activity etc. But, by sending email commands we can trigger the emails and include the attachments with it and format the message in HTML.
Note: Email Automation Command having Sub Commands of getting All Messages, Delete All Messages, and Delete Message.
29. How many types of bots creators are available in Automation Anywhere?
- There are three types of bots creators in AA
- Task Bots: Develops based on Drag & Drop Commands in AA Command Library.
- Medabots: Develops based on Visual Screen Capture, API’s (DLL), Navigational Flows.
- IQ/Vision Bots: Develops based on Artificial Intelligence in an upcoming version of AAE client tool has to integrate this feature.
30. What type of recorder is best suitable for Capture Mouse Click, Keystroke Operations?
Screen Recorder is best suitable for Capture Mouse Click, Keystroke Operations such as Click, moments, Click and drag, Insert Keystrokes.
Get Automation Anywhere Training from Industry Experts Trainers
- Instructor-led Sessions
- Real-life Case Studies
31. What is Auto Login?
Auto Login automatically unlocks and logs into a computer while running an automated task means the auto-login option allows you to run tasks on computers that are unattended. Auto-Login unlocks the computer, and runs the automated tasks, and returns the computer to the original state.
32. What is the difference between Wait and Delay commands?
In some automation tasks might require to wait for the screen to change or window to open in such cases we can use Wait Command to wait for the Bot till the respective window or screen exists. Delay command is a hard-coded value we can use in AA.
Note: Wait for command consists of Wait for Window, Wait for screen change subcommands
33. What is a hotkey and how do we assign a hotkey to a task in AA?
A hotkey is a shortcut key we can use to run the task in Automation Anywhere Enterprises Client (AAE Client). In AAE Client to assign a hotkey select task–>properties–>hotkey.
34. What type of recorder can we use for capture window objects such as coordinates, object properties, image playback mode?
Smart Recorder is used to capture window objects such as coordinates, object properties, image Playback mode. Also, we can adjust the object identification criteria in AA binoculars (object properties).
35. What are the least, moderately, and most automation friendly formats of Automation Anywhere RPA?
Handwritten documents, Scanned PDF, PPT are the least friendly formats. Word Document, Typed PDF are moderately friendly formats. Excel, CSV, Text files are the most friendly formats of AA.
36. What type of naming convention we should follow for AA task bots and variables?
For AA Task Bots use verbs to describe the Bot action, Pascal casing and for variables always starts with ‘v’ (e.g. vCustomerName)
37. What are the system requirements for AA?
- The following are the system requirements required for AAE client
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 and later versions.
- 1024*768 or higher screen monitor.
- 4 GB of RAM etc.
38. What is Control Room (CR) in Automation Anywhere?
- Web CR acts as a centralized server that enables monitoring, deploying, and scheduling of Bots anywhere, anytime. The components of Web CR include:
- Control Room Settings
- License Management
- Support Site
- User Profile
- Features Panel
39. What is Session Name?
A session name represents a data stream and by default, the session is “Default”. Session name becomes relevant when there are multiple connections open simultaneously and we cannot have 2 sessions with the same name open simultaneously even across all bots.
40. Which Command is Suitable while doing automation on Main Frames applications?
Terminal Emulator command to access and control default, DOS-based actions of remote terminals and Main Frames also one of them. The terminal emulator connects to following terminal types.
41. What is the system variable we should use to run a task independent of the User Machine?
AAApplicationPath returns the product application path.
42. How to Create a Timestamp in AA?
To create a Timestamp in Automation Anywhere we can use System Variables such as Month, Day, and Year. To see a date with time use Date
Note: An above all variable returns only system values.
43. How can we log the data into logger files using AA?
Using the Log To File command we can log the data into a file and we can specify the file path.
44. What are the Technical Requirements for AA?
The following are the Technical Requirements required for AAE Client:
- Run Anywhere on private, public, Cloud-based usage.
- Windows XP and later versions etc.
45. What are the data types available for Task Bots?
AA variable manager having List, Array, Value, Random data types for Task Bots.
46. What is a MetaBots in AA?
A MetaBot is an automation blueprint of an application that can be re-used to optimize processes. They help you standardize your processes end to end. MetaBots enable you to create automation building blocks that capture information in the form of visuals capture (screen) or application APIs. These can thereon be integrated as commands and further leveraged by varied processes to deliver value at multiple levels.
47. Which type of recorder is used to extract data from a website/online portal and store it in a CSV file?
Using Web Recorder we can extract data from website/Online portal and also web recorder works based on provided URL and 100% IE support.
48. How do you need to assign a value to an existing variable that has been previously defined?
Using Variable operation Command in the task command library we can assign a value to an existing variable that has been previously defined.
49. Repository Manager can be used to schedule a task on clients?
Bot Runner Clients
50.In Automation Anywhere Architecture what are the Development client and Runtime Client as also known as?
Bot Creators and Bot Runners respectively.
51. What are the components of the Web Control Room feature panel includes?
- The Web Control Room feature panel includes.
- Repository Manager
- Operations Room
- User Management
- Audit Trail
- Task Schedules
- Credentials Manager
- App Management
Best Automation Anywhere Certification Course to Boost UP Your SkillsWeekday / Weekend BatchesSee Batch Details
52. What is the Control Room?
Control Room is Server Component in AA. This part is to hold the whole data in the devices.
The control room is an activity and validation of all customers inside the customer condition. It controls all the clients and observes assignments dependent on the control room activity. We can simply control clients, analyzers and abnormal state individuals inside the association.
Control Room Options:
- Archive Manager
- Task Control Room
- Review Trail
- Errand Scheduler
- Qualification Manager
- Application. The executives
53.What is Managed Web Control?
To catch picture joins, radio catches, content boxes, check boxes and other web control Automation Anywhere Web Recorder – > Manage Web Controls permits catch of web controls and relegate the factors.
54. Contrast between Manage Windows/Web controls and Object Cloning?
- Oversee Windows Controls order enables you to work with windows controls like registration and radio catches. With this order, you can see whether the radio catch or checkbox is checked or not. Mechanization Anywhere bolsters just standard Windows checkboxes and radio catches.
- Article Cloning direction to perceived
- Articles and an assortment of their properties, including Name, Type, Path, and Value
55. What is Image Recognition as far as AA?
Picture Recognition is another component of the Visualize Technology accessible in Automation Anywhere Enterprise. Utilizing Visualize Technology, Image Recognition permits the acknowledgment and correlation of pictures from record or window.
56. How to bolt, shutdown and restart machine utilizing AA? Lock the PC
- In Automation Anywhere Client, open the Task Editor. To open a current errand, select the assignment in the Task List, and snap Edit. To make another errand, click New, or pick Tools > Task Editor.
- In the Task Editor, in the Commands list, double tap System. A submenu shows up.
- Double tap Lock Computer. The System exchange shows up. Note the green image demonstrating that the Shutdown order can help spare vitality and extra the earth.
57. What are the run of the mill steps engaged with Automation Anywhere process?
Choosing or picking the testing devices like Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism is the essential thing. From that point forward, the subsequent stage is characterizing the computerization scope pursued by the stages arranging, structuring just as advancement. Testing execution is the following stage and support is the last advance. It is pivotal to pursue steps while characterizing the grouping along these lines taking out perplexity.
58. What are the huge components to consider while arranging Automation Anywhere?
The principal thing before considering anything is focusing and choosing the computerization instrument that is advantageous. It additionally requires focusing on the structure for the situation where it is available. Distinguishing the test expectations is the other factor to consider. Additionally, different factors, for example, venture courses of events, execution, and so forth should be dealt with amid the arranging stage.
59. What are the essential explanations behind considering mechanization anyplace rather than manual testing?
The essential issue is manual trying requires a great deal of extra assets just as additional time utilization. Additionally exists a few blunders because of error in instances of huge activities with time limits. It is anything but a savvy alternative for picking manual testing at occasions of complex documentation levels as it can corrupt the execution of the assets. Indeed, even the assets performing testing or the students taking mechanization anyplace preparing or Blue Prism preparing in Bangalore may lose enthusiasm for accomplishing a similar undertaking over and over in a limited ability to focus time.
60. Clarify Schedule Manager?
This element in Automation Anywhere is called timetable administrator that shows every one of the assignments that must be done and fills in as the plan for the day in mechanizing the un-robotized forms. This application enables the client to see, alter, and include the undertakings.
61. Depict Active Directory Command.
In Automation Anywhere devices, the accompanying order is utilized to deal with the Active Directory and create, modify, and erase the clients in the framework and incorporate the control board.
The Active Directory order gives the underneath sub-directions:
- Make User
- Adjust User
- Make a Group
- Adjust Group
- Make Object
- Adjust Object
- Get Property
62. How to utilize the String Operation Command in AA?
Utilizing the accompanying order to abuse a content string or pull back a piece of a string and putting it away in a variable.
The String Operation direction gives the accompanying sub-directions:
- Look at
- Lower Case
63. What is the reason for Error Handling Command in Automation Anywhere?
The accompanying sub-directions are utilized to deal with the potential mistakes amid the running of an assignment and to investigate the undertaking.
- Start Error Handling
- End Error Handling
Computerization Anywhere gives these conceivable outcomes to mistake dealing with when a blunder occurs:
- Take Snapshot: in case of any blunder, take a depiction of the screen.
- Run Task: Run another errand when the present assignment faces a blunder.
- Log information into record: Log the mistake into a document.
- Send Email : Send an email when the mistake occurs. Alternatively ‘Join Snapshot’ and additionally ‘Append Variable’. We can arrange email settings from Tools > Options > Email Settings
- Variable Assignment: Specify an incentive to be allocated to a variable and Set Task Status Pass or Fail contingent upon the Error dealing with activity.
64. What factors are critical to consider for the scripting standard for Automation Anywhere Testing?
For each ten lines of code, there ought to be three lines of code. Greatest utilization of structure wherever conceivable is additionally a vital factor Proper space, Uniform naming tradition, Error taking care of, and the board are a portion of the variables that must be considered.
65. Name any two imperative devices for Automation anyplace testing?
There are a few devices however the ones that are considered as best are Rational Robot and QTP. Them two are similarly incredible and help to get results that absolutely blunder free.
66. What are the purposes behind not considering manual testing in mechanization anyplace approach?
The greatest issue is it needs a ton of extra assets just as it’s a tedious procedure whenever done physically. There are sure odds of heaps of mistakes that can pronounce their essence because of incorrectness. At the point when ventures are time limited or when they are amazingly expansive, self-evident, it is anything but an astute alternative to think about manual testing. It can debase the execution of assets performing testing due to losing enthusiasm by playing out a similar errand over and over in a brief span range.
67. What do you think about the kind of structure that is utilized in Automation Anywhere programming?
There are four essential systems that are regularly utilized. First is a Keyword Driven Automation Framework. Next is the Data-driven robotization system. The third is the Hybrid Automation Framework and last is Modular mechanization structure.
68. What is Selenium? What do you think about it?
It is fundamentally a system for the test suite that is broadly considered in Automation anyplace approach. Selenium is open source and can be valuable with regards to mechanizing the versatile, just as web conditions. Its wide help to scripting dialects, for example, Python, Ruby, Java, PHP, Perl, etc makes it a standout amongst the best structures.
69. What are the employments of Sikuli?
Sikuli is an incredible asset that can be utilized for mechanizing the glimmer objects, just as sites. At whatever point there is a requirement for a basic API, it can essentially be utilized. Additionally, it tends to be coordinated with various systems, for example, Java, Net. Windows-based applications can be robotized basically with the assistance of Sikuli. In addition, it is conceivable to interface it with different apparatuses, for example, Selenium.
70.How you will deal with mistakes in robotization anyplace approach
Present day instruments utilized in the situation are ground-breaking for this issue. The truth of the matter is computerization programming is furnished with a blunder dealing with components to recognize the mistakes that frequently announce their essence. On the off chance that any manual activity is required, the equivalent should be possible by structure rationale in the framework. This should be possible depending on nature and the accurate reason for the issue.
71. What is Automation Anywhere?
AA is a Robotic Process Automation product which can be used to automate your manual efforts to do any process/transaction.
72. What are the unique features of AA?
Intelligent automation for business and IT tasks:
- Unique SMART Automation Technology® automates complex tasks fast! (No programming required.)
- Create automation tasks in minutes – record keyboard and mouse strokes, or use easy point-and- click wizards.
- Easily distribute tasks to multiple computers, using Task to SMART Exe capability (Premier and Enterprise editions only).
- Web recorder / Web data extraction.
- Use Automation Anywhere to automate scripts in disparate formats.
- Powerful task scheduling and auto-login – run scheduled tasks anytime, even when the computer is locked.
- 270+ actions including: conditional, loop, prompt, file management, database, system, Internet.
- More great features: fast speeds, automatic email notification, task chaining, hotkey, variables, logging, etc.
73. What are the Capabilities of AA?
Automation Anywhere can reduce a wide array of tasks to a single keystroke:
- Business processes
- Web tasks
- Data transfer
- Data import/export (from any application, to any application, or from files)
- Web data extraction f. Fast data entry and formatting
- IT and system administration tasks h. Data backup and file management
- Integrate disparate scripts, or replace existing scripts j. Job scheduling
- Batch data processing
- Automated software testing, Web testing m. Automated FTP
74. What are the Benefits of AA?
- Very easy to use
- Eliminates human error
- Increases transaction speed
- Huge savings in time and costs
- Automation Technology is highly reliable and accurate.
75. How do I record a task using Automation Anywhere?
You can easily create new tasks using a SMART task recorder. Click ‘RECORD’; perform the activities on your computer that you want to record, click ‘STOP’ and then ‘SAVE’ the recorded activities to a task. You can playback your recorded actions by selecting the task and then click the ‘RUN’ button.
76. Does it matter if the window size and locations of my applications change between recording and running?
No. Automation Anywhere’s SMART Automation Technology automatically adjust to changes of window size and location.
77. Do I need to finish all my work in one application before moving onto the next application or can I switch back and forth between various applications while recording?
You can switch back and forth between various applications while recording.
78. Can Automation Anywhere work if the computer is locked? Can I record a task to unlock the computer?
Yes. Automation Anywhere offers secure Auto Login technology. Auto Login allows scheduled tasks to run even when the computer is locked. When you schedule a task you can enable Auto Login capability. If Auto Login is enabled, and if the computer is locked, Automation Anywhere will unlock the computer, run the task and lock it back.
79. Is it possible to execute a task in stealth mode when the computer is locked?
Yes. To enable the task to run in stealth mode check Properties Security; Run this task in stealth mode option. This will hide the execution of the task. To allow the task to run when the computer is locked, enable Auto Login capability. Auto Login allows scheduled tasks to run even when the computer is locked. When you schedule a task you can enable Auto Login capability.
80. Can I stop the task while it is running?
Yes. Press ‘Pause’ on your keyboard. This will temporarily stop the execution of the task. Click on the ‘Resume’ button that will appear at the bottom right hand corner of your screen to continue running the task from where it was paused.
81. Can my recorded activity run in the background, while I have control of the mouse and keyboard so that I can do other things?
One of the distinguishing features of Automation Anywhere is its ability to run tasks in the background. Advanced technologies like Web recorder, Object recorder and hundreds of powerful actions allow you to run many of your tasks in background. Few tasks like tasks recorded with a standard recorder require control of the mouse and keyboard and therefore cannot run in the background. Few other obvious exceptions include commands that require screen, like taking screenshots or comparing images on the screen, but a vast majority of actions allow the task to run in the background.
82. I use remote access software to access a remote machine. Can I record a task that performs activities using remote access software?
Yes. Automation Anywhere supports all the remote access software.
83. I recorded a task on ‘abc.xls’ but I want to run it on xyz.xls, how do I do that?
You can run the same task with different files of the same program. By default the task will only run on the specific file(s) it was recorded on. However you can check ‘Enable this task to run with other similar files and windows’ option under the Properties, General tab. Now for example if you recorded a task on abc.xls, you can run this task on def.xls, xyz.xls or any other *.xls files
84. Is it possible to password protect my task?
Yes, it is possible to password protect a task. While saving the task click on the Password Protection checkbox and specify the password. Alternatively, you can password protect a saved task by going into the Security tab in the main screen of Automation Anywhere.
85. How do I use a variable in the task?
You can use variables inside different commands like ‘Insert Keystroke’, ‘Open Program/File’, ‘Files/Folders’. In all the commands variable names are specified by enclosing the variable names in between the $ sign. For e.g. $Password$
86. If I create a variable for one task, can I use it in another task?
Variables created for one task are only available locally for that task and not for any other task. But, if you have upgraded from a lower version to version 5.5 and above, all the variables created in the lower versions will be available to you as global variables that can be used with any task.
87. List variables can have many different text values. When I use the list variable which value will be executed?
Every time a task comes across a list variable during the playback, the next text value in the sequence of the list variable is used. If the list variable reaches the last text value then its subsequent reference will return the first text value.
88. Is it possible to store special characters like Tab key in a variable?
Yes, you can store any special character as a text value in a variable.
89. I have to run a task that needs to use a different value for a variable in every repeat. How do I do that with your automation software?
Automation Anywhere provides “Loop – End Loop” commands. You can place your repetitive task inside a Loop – End Loop block. You can use a List variable inside it for data that keeps on changing with each loop.
90. Can I create a file with any extension?
Yes, you can create file with any extension using the ‘Create File’ sub command in the Files/Folders commandIf I use a Files / Folders command like “Delete Files ‘c:\MyPrgs\*.*’ “, will this delete all the files in the subfolders too?
No, this command will delete all the files in the current folder only. In the above example it will delete all the files in ‘c:\MyPrgs’ directory only
91. Can I get all the file names in a folder to perform some operation on it?
Yes, you can use the “Loop for Files in a folder; Here $FileName$ will have the next filename inside the specified folder in each Loop execution. You can use this System variable to perform any operation inside the Loop – End Loop block
92. Can I provide value for file/folder name when the task runs?
Yes. Automation Anywhere has a ‘Prompt’ command to provide value at run time. You can provide value for any window, prompt for file/folder and even prompt for yes/no as well
93. Will my task run correctly even if files, program shortcut icons in the Quick Launch and the Desktop have moved?
Apart from a few exceptions, opening of most of the files and shortcut icons from both Quick Launch and Desktop will run correctly if the icons have moved from their original location. Note that, the ‘Move Icons/Menus’ should be checked in Tools; Options menu for this feature to be enabled
94. What is E-mail Notification?
You can use Email notification when you want to be notified that a task has finished running. An e-mail will be sent to the addressed specified along with the status of the task that was running and few other properties
95. What is this ‘Email Settings’ displayed in the Notification tab in the properties window?
This Button will open up the Options user interface that allows you to set the outgoing mail server, its port number and Exchange Server authentications, if any. Every mail that you send or receive requires the mail server. You have to obtain this information from your Internet E-mail provider or you may obtain it from the configuration section of your email program
96. Does your automation software provide any facility to send an email?
Yes, Automation Anywhere provides a command ‘Send mail’. You can use this command to send emails to anyone. Note that this command will get information about the e-mail Server, its port number and Exchange Server authentications, if any, from the Mail Setting in the Options menu every time a task runs
97. I have been using VBScripts and JScript to accomplish some of my routine work. Can I somehow reuse them in your automation software?
Yes. Not only can you integrate disparate scripts like VBScripts & JScripts within an Automation Anywhere task but you can use in-built automation services like repeat, notification, etc., on VBScript & JScripts as well.