List of Top SCCM CERTIFICATION Interview Questions & Answers
Last updated on 04th Jul 2020, Blog, Interview Questions
Short for system center configuration manager, SCCM is a software management suite provided by Microsoft that allows users to manage a large number of Windows based computers. SCCM features remote control, patch management, operating system deployment, network protection and other various services.
1) How Many Types Of Sites Are There In Sccm 2007?
- Primary Site: Manages clients in well-connected networks.
- Secondary site: Controls content distribution for clients in remote locations across links that have limited network bandwidth.
- Parent Site: It is a site at the top level in the hierarchy & it does not come under any other sites.
- Child Site: A site which comes under a site in a structure & gets information from that site (Higher Level) known as child site.
2) How Many Types Of Sites Are There In Sccm 2012 ?
- CAS (Central administration site):- The central administration site coordinates inter site data replication across the hierarchy by using Configuration Manager Database replication. It also enables the administration of hierarchy-wide configurations for client agents, discovery, and other operations. Use this site for all administration and reporting for the hierarchy.
- Primary Site: Manages clients in well-connected networks.
- Secondary site: Controls content distribution for clients in remote locations across links that have limited network bandwidth.
3) What Is Site Server, Site System & Site System Roles ?
- Site Server: The site server is the computer on which you install Configuration Manager 2007 or 2012, and it hosts services required for Configuration Manager.
- Site System: A site system is any computer running a supported version of Microsoft Windows or a shared folder that hosts one or more site system roles.
- Site System Role: A site system role is a function required to be able to use Configuration Manager 2007 or to use a feature of Configuration Manager.
4) What Is Difference Between Native Mode And Mixed Mode ?
- Native Mode: More secure solution than mixed mode because it provides better authentication, encryption, and signing using standard industry security protocols. Supports Internet-based client management and Can integrate with existing PKI deployment.
- Mixed Mode: Does not require a PKI deployment, so it has no external dependencies. Supports clients running SMS 2003. Supports WINS for the means by which clients locate their default management point if Active Directory and DNS cannot be used.
5) What Are The Discovery Methods & Ddr Available In Sccm 2007 & 2012 ?
Discovery Data Records:-
When Discovery runs, it creates discovery data records (DDRs). The information contained in a DDR varies depending upon the discovered resource. For example, it can include the NetBIOS name of a computer, the IP address and IP subnet of a computer or device, and the computer operating system name.
The approximate size of an individual DDR is 1 KB. Discovery Methods:-
- Active Directory System Discovery: Discovers computers from the specified locations in Active Directory Domain Services.
- Active Directory User Discovery : Discovers user accounts from the specified locations in Active Directory Domain Services.
- Active Directory Security Group Discovery: Discovers security groups, including local, global, and universal groups from the specified locations in Active Directory Domain Services.
- Active Directory System Group Discovery: Discovers additional information about previously discovered computers from the specified locations in Active Directory Domain Services. This information includes the OU and group membership of the computer. Active Directory System Group Discovery does not discover information about new resources that did not previously exist in the Configuration Manager site database.
- Heartbeat Discovery: Used by active Configuration Manager clients to update their discovery records in the database. Because it is initiated by an active client, Heartbeat Discovery does not discover new resources.
- Network Discovery: Searches your network infrastructure for network devices that have an IP address. This allows you to discover devices that might not be found by other discovery methods, including printers, routers, and bridges.
- Forest Discovery: SCCM 2012 has a new discovery method which discovers other forest in the network.
6) What Are The Boundaries In Sccm ?
Configuration Manager Boundaries are defined in the Configuration Manager console and are defined by IP subnet, Active Directory site name, IPv6 Prefix, IP ranges. Boundaries are used to assign clients to a specific Configuration Manager 2007 site and should be unique to each site. When defining site boundaries for sites, ensure that you do not define the same boundary for more than one Configuration Manager 2007 site, doing so leads to a situation called overlapping site boundaries.
7) What Is Sccm ?
System Center Configuration Manager (CM12 or CM07 or ConfigMgr or Configuration Manager), formerly Systems Management Server (SMS), is a systems management software product by Microsoft for managing large groups of Windows-based computer systems. Configuration Manager provides remote control, patch management, software distribution, operating system deployment, network access protection, and hardware and software inventory.
8) What Is Sms Provider And What It Does?
The SMS Provider is a WMI provider that allows both read and write access to the Configuration Manager 2007 site database. The SMS Provider is used by the Configuration Manager console, Resource Explorer, tools, and custom scripts used by Configuration Manager 2007 administrators to access site information stored in the site database. The SMS Provider also helps ensure that Configuration Manager 2007 object security is enforced by only returning site information that the user account running the Configuration Manager console is authorized to view.
9) What Is Primary Site?
Manages clients in well-connected networks. Four main characteristics:
- The Site has access to a Microsoft SQL Server Database.
- Can administer or be administered via the Configuration Manager Console
- It can be a child of other Primary Sites and can have Child Sites of its own
- Clients can be assigned directly to the Site
10) What Is Central Site?
A Central Site is a Configuration Manager Primary Site that resides at the top of the Configuration Manager hierarchy. All Database information rolls from the child to the parent and is collected by the Central Site’s Configuration Manager Database. The Central Site can administer any site below it in the hierarchy and can send data down to those sites as well.
11) What Is Secondary Site?
Four Main characteristics:
- A Secondary Site does not have access to a Microsoft SQL Database
- Secondary Sites are ALWAYS a Child Site of a Primary Site and can only be administered via a Primary Site
- Secondary Sites cannot have Child Sites of their own
- Clients cannot be assigned directly to the Site
12) Can You Change A Secondary Site To A Primary Site?
No. A secondary site is always a secondary site. It cannot be upgraded, moved, or changed without deleting it and reinstalling it. If you delete and reinstall, you lose all secondary site data.
13) How Sccm Download The Patches?
You need to add the Software Update Point site role to the site, configure the software update point as active, configure the products, classifications, sync settings, etc. in the Software Update Point properties. THEN, you can go to the Update Repository node and run the Run Synchronization action from the central primary site. Once synchronization completes, you will see the metadata in the Configuration Manager console.
14) Can You Distribute A Package To A Computer Without Making It A Member Of A Collection?
No. To distribute software you must have a package, a program and an advertisement. Advertisements can only be sent to collections, not to computers. If you want to distribute a package to a single computer, you must create a collection for that computer.
15) Can A Site Have More Than One Default Management Point?
No. You can configure more than one management points in a site, but only one of those management points can be configured as the default management point to support intranet clients in the site. If you are concerned about performance, you can configure more than one management point, configure them to be part of a Network Load Balancing (NLB) cluster, and them configure the NLB cluster as the default management point.
16) Can A Secondary Site Have Child Sites?
No. A secondary site cannot have a primary or secondary site reporting to it. Secondary sites are always child sites to a primary site.
17) Can You Install The Configuration Manager Client Components Without Discovering The Computer First?
Yes. Client Push Installation is the only client installation method that requires clients to be discovered first.
18) Does Configuration Manager 2007 Mixed Mode Require A Public Key Infrastructre (pki)?
No. Configuration Manager 2007 native mode requires a PKI, but Configuration Manager 2007 does not. PKI authentication helps provide a greater level of security, but Configuration Manager 2007 does not help you install or configure the PKI infrastructure. If you do not already have the expertise to install and configure the PKI infrastructure, you can start with mixed mode and then change to native mode later.
19) Can Computers Show Up In The Configuration Manager Console Before They Have The Configuration Manager Client Installed?
Yes. If you use a discovery method, Configuration Manager can find many resources and create data discovery records (DDRs) for them, and those DDRs are stored in the database. However, you cannot use Configuration Manager features such as software distribution, software updates management, and inventory until you install the client components.
20) How Do You Backup Sccm Server?
To create a scheduled backup task, expand the Site Settings node and expand the Site Maintenance node, click on Tasks.
For Manual backup – Start SMS_SITE_BACKUP service
21) What Is Sup ( Software Update Point)?
This is required component of software updates, and after it is installed, the SUP is displayed as a site system role in the Configuration Manager console. The software update point site system role must be created on a site system server that has Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) 3.0 installed.
22) What Is Itmu ?
SMS 2003 Inventory Tool for Microsoft Updates.
23) Can Configuration Manager 2007 Be Used To Package Software For Distribution?
No. Configuration Manager 2007 delivers command lines to clients and can force those command lines to run with administrative rights using the Local System account. Configuration Manager 2007 command lines can be batch files, scripts, Windows Installer files with .msi extensions, executable files – any file that the operating system can run, Configuration Manager 2007 can distribute. However, Configuration Manager 2007 does not actually package any software for distribution.
24) How To Check If The Client Installation Is Succeeded Or Not?
The client installation status can be verified using the log file or Control panel icons.To check the log file, navigate to C:WindowsSystem32ccmsetup of the client computer and open the ccmsetup.log and clientmsi.log file. If the installation is success then you can see a “Installation Succeeded” line updated in the log file.
Also you can navigate to Start->Control panel and look for configuration manager icon entry (assuming that the control panel view is set to small icons).
25) How To Force Software And Hardware Inventory On Remote Client Computers?
Remote into the client computer and open control panel and navigate to “configuration manager” icon as shown below.
Then Switch to Actions tab and select “Hardware inventory cycle” and click on initiate action repeat the same step for forcing software inventory cycle on SCCM client computers.
26) How To A Run A Specific Web Based Report To Identify Any Status?
Open SCCM console, navigate to Site Database->Computer management->Reporting and click on reports. You can a list of default and customized reports which can be executed by Right click-> run (this runs the query which is being used to create the report) to view the web reports as shown below.
If the report ID is known then the particular report can be searched using “Look for” option as shown in the screenshot below.
27) How To Export List From Sccm Console And Resource Explorer?
Open SCCM console; navigate to Site Database->Computer Management-> All Systems, Right Click->View->Export List as shown below. This list contains the client computer names and it can saved as notepad or in excel format.
Select the client computer for which the list needs to be exported and Right Click->Start->Resource Explorer. Go to “Action” tab and select export list as shown below.
28) How To Export Sccm Web Reports?
Open SCCM console, navigate to Site Database->Computer management->Reporting and click on reports where all the required reports will be listed. Right click on any report and click run to execute the report (assuming that the report is already been created).
In the below screenshot “All advertisements for a Specific computer” has been executed.
The client computer name has been entered and click on display to run the query and the advertisement for the specific client will be displayed as shown below.
Click on “Export” option as shown below to export the result to the excel sheet.
29) How To Speed Up Software Advertisement By Forcing Policy Retrieval & Evaluation Cycle?
Open control panel, navigate to Configuration manager icon and click on it. As the ConfigMgr window pops up switch to action tab and initiate the “Machine policy Retrieval & Evaluation Cycle” by clicking on “Initiate Action” button as shown below.
30) How To Verify The Software Package Distribution Status On A Particular Client Machine?
You can verify the status of a distribution by checking the execmgr.log file in c:windowssystem32ccmlogs folder, and search for the particular software distribution using the packaged. If the package is success then “installation succeeded with the exit code 0” will be written into the log file.
You can also verify it by checking the registry key on a client computer, HKLM->Software->Microsoft->SMS->Mobile Client->Software Distribution->Execution History->System-><Package ID>->success or failure code will be written.
31) How To Take Remote Control Of The Client Computer Using Sccm Console?
Open SCCM console; navigate to “All systems” collections where your client computer will be populated. Right click on the client computer->Start->Remote tools.
32) Does System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Support The Same Client Installation Methods As Configuration Manager 2007?
Yes. System Center 2012 Configuration Manager supports the same client installation methods that Configuration Manager 2007 supports: client push, software update-based, group policy, manual, logon script, and image-based.
33) What Is An “application” And Why Would I Use It?
System Center 2012 Configuration Manager applications contain the administrative details and Application Catalog information necessary to deploy a software package or software update to a computer or mobile device.
34) What Is A “deployment Type” And Why Would I Use One?
Deployment type is contained within an application and specifies the installation files and method that Configuration Manager will use to install the software. The deployment type contains rules and settings that control if and how the software is installed on client computers.
35) What Is The “deployment Purpose” And Why Would I Use This?
The deployment purpose defines what the deployment should do and represents the administrator’s intent. For example, an administrative user might require the installation of software on client computers or might just make the software available for users to install themselves. A global condition can be set to check regularly that required applications are installed and to reinstall them if they have been removed.
36) What Is A Global Condition And How Is It Different From A Deployment Requirement?
Global conditions are conditions used by requirement rules. Requirement rules set a value for a deployment type for a global condition. For example, “operating system =” is a global condition; a requirement rule is “operating system = Win7.”
37) How Do I Make An Application Deployment Optional Rather Than Mandatory?
To make a deployment optional, configure the deployment purpose as Available in the applications deployment type. Available applications display in the Application Catalog where users can install them.
38) Can Users Request Applications?
Yes. Users can browse a list of available software in the Application Catalog. Users can then request an application which, if approved, will be installed on their computer. To make a deployment optional, configure the deployment purpose as Available in the applications deployment type.
Enroll in SCCM Certification Course to UPGRADE Your Skill SetWeekday / Weekend BatchesSee Batch Details
39) Why Would I Use A Package And Program To Deploy Software Rather Than An Application Deployment?
Some scenarios, such as the deployment of a script that runs on a client computer but that does not install software, are more suited to using a package and program rather than an application.
40) Can I Deploy Office So That It Installs Locally On A User’s Main Workstation But Is Available To That User As A Virtual Application From Any Computer?
Yes. You can configure multiple deployment types for an application. Rules that specify which deployment type is run allows you to specify how the application is made available to the user.
41) Does Configuration Manager Help Identify Which Computers A User Uses To Support The User Device Affinity Feature?
Yes. Configuration Manager collects usage statistics from client devices that can be used to automatically define user device affinities or to help you manually create affinities.
42) Can I Migrate My Existing Packages And Programs From Configuration Manager 2007 To A System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Hierarchy?
Yes. You can see migrated packages and programs in the Packages node in the Software Library workspace. You can also use the Import Package from Definition Wizard to import Configuration Manager 2007 package definition files into your site.
43) Does The Term “software” Include Scripts And Drivers?
Yes. In System Center 2012 Configuration Manager, the term software includes software updates, applications, scripts, task sequences, device drivers, configuration items, and configuration baselines.
44) Do References To “devices” In System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Mean Mobile Devices?
The term “device” in System Center 2012 Configuration Manager applies to a computer or a mobile device such as a Windows Mobile Phone.
45) What are differences between Primary Site and Secondary Site?
|Primary Site||Secondary Site|
|This site has Access to Microsoft SQL Database.||It does not have access to a Microsoft SQL Database.|
|Clients can be Assigned directly to the site.||Clients cannot be assigned directly to the site.|
|It can be a child of another primary site and can have child sites of its own.||Secondary sites cannot have child sites of their own.|
|Can administer via configuration manager console.||Secondary sites are always a child site of a primary site and can only be administered via the primary site.|
46) How do you configure the SUP?
In the Configuration Manager console, navigate to System Center Configuration Manager / Site Database /Site Management / <site code> – <site name> / Site Settings / Site Systems
Right-click the site system server name, and then click New Roles.
Select Software update point, and then click Next.
Specify whether the site server will use a proxy server when connecting to the software update point, and then click Next.
Select Use this server as the active software update point, and then specify the port settings configured for the WSUS Web site on this site system.
Specify the synchronization source for the active software update point using one of the following settings: like Synchronize from Microsoft Update or Synchronize from an upstream update server
Specify whether to synchronize software updates on a schedule by selecting Enable synchronization on a schedule, For which the Updated software will be occur at the same time, update the classifications and then press ok.
For which the Updated software will be will be occur at the same time, Specify the products and then press ok.
To Observe the installation process for the Updated software, the path is Open <InstallationPath> Logs SUPSetup.log in, After completion of Installation, it will be written into log file.
To confirm that the link to the WSUS server was completed successfully, the path is Open <InstallationPath>Logs WCM.log in.
47) Can you discover clients those are in different AD forest?
Yes.Internet-based client management, which supports the following site systems installed in a separate forest to the site server:
- Distribution point
- Software update point
- Fallback status point.
- Managememt point.
48) What are the prerequisites for Software Update Point?
Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) 3.0, WSUS 3.0 Administration Console, Windows Update Agent (WUA) 3.0, Site server communication to the active software update point, Windows Installer, Background Intelligent Transfer Server (BITS) 2.5, Network Load Balancing (NLB).
49) What is the use of WSUS (Windows Server Update Service)?
It enables administrators to deploy the latest Microsoft product updates to computers that are running the Windows operating system.
50) What is the Fallback status point?
- Site system role that helps you manage clients and identify any client-related problems.
- SMS 2003 client computers cannot use a fallback status point.
- Fallback client support how many clients: 1lack
- Identify clients that are unmanaged because they have problems communicating with their MP.
Here you can see that because an FSP was not defined, the state messages (100, 400) from the ccmsetup.log were not forwarded anywhere. The next set of snippets are from the ccmsetup.log where the client is passed the FSP= property during client installation.Notice that the FSP line is no longer blank and contains the FQDN of the server holding the FSP Role.
51) What is MIF?
SCCM can use MIF files to determine the success or failure of an installation.
After a program has finished executing, SCCM will look in the %windir% and %temp% directories for new MIF files (created after the time of the program execution start) and then match them on any or all of the following criteria.
52) Why MOF Files Used by Hardware Inventory?
Configuration Manager 2007 clients actually compile only the policy generated by the contents of the .SMS_def.mof file defines the reporting classes used by the hardware inventory client agent.
Unlike the format.mof file, the SMS_def.mof file will not sent to clients.
The inventory processes in Hardware which are used by 2 mof files are the format.mof and SMS_def.mof MOF files. You should open the SMS_DEF.MOF file, to enable Asset Intelligence.
53) What is the differences between Package Refresh & Package Update?
|Package Refresh||Package Update|
|Normally used as refreshed file||This file is used, if you make any changes in the source.|
|When you try to update, it will create compressed file||The package has uncompressed but is corrupt.|
|No new PCK files are sent||New PCK file is then used for any new DP’s|
|It simply sends another PKG file, which then uses the current PCK file on the server and uncompresses the files again||Changes made between the old and new compressed files|
|Overwriting the old package files.||This also updates the source version of the package in SQL.|
54) Why Extend Schema in SCCM?
Publish the ConfigMgr 2012 site information to AD, ConfigMgr 2012 can publish information to AD.
extadsch.exe tool or the ConfigMgr_ad_schema.ldf file
Four actions are required to enable Configuration Manager Clients to query Active Directory Domain Services to locate site resources.
- Extend the Active Directory schema.
- Create the System Management container.
- Set security permissions on the System Management container.
- Enable Active Directory publishing for the Configuration Manager site.
55) What is Senders?
There are two types of senders Standard Sender & Courier Sender:
Standard Sender(Pre-stage Content requires Courier sender) – The standard sender is installed and configured by default on all primary and secondary sites. If your site-to-site communications occur over a LAN that uses a supported protocol, you do not need to install another sender
Courier Sender – The courier sender is installed and configured by default on all primary and secondary sites. When you have large packages that require excessive time or bandwidth to be sent over the network, this sender can be useful. You can use courier sender at the source Configuration Manager 2007 site to create a parcel (that is, a collection of files transferred from one site to another using courier sender); write the parcel to a tape, CD, or another physical medium; and then ship the tape or CD to the destination site by mail or a courier service. At the destination site, you can then use courier sender at that site to receive the parcel and import the package data into the site.
56) What are SCCM BITS Throttling?
Computer Client Agent Properties found within Site Management\Site\Site Settings\Client Agents.
Group Policy Preferences to throttle BITS traffic.
57) What are Ports used in SCCM?
- Client to site system 80(HTTP)and default HTTPS port 443
- Site Server to Site Server SMB 445 its bi-directional.
- TCP 2701 is the port that SCCM 2012 used for remote control.
58) What is meant by database Replication?
Replication is the process of copying data from a central database to one or more databases. The central database is called the publication database because it provides the data for users at other sites. The data in the publication database is copied (replicated) to subscription databases at other locations.
59) I have created a task sequence for OSD. I want a computer name option to get prompted during the OSD. What should I do to achieve this?
If you want to prompt for a computer name during the execution of task sequence, you need to specify go to properties of All unknown computer collection -> In the Collection variable tab -> define variable name as “OSD Computer Name and remove the check mark from Do Not Display this value in the Configuration Manager console.
Learn SCCM Training with Advanced Concepts By Industry Experts
- Instructor-led Sessions
- Real-life Case Studies
60) If I want to install an operating system on unknown computers but for this, I do not want to use All Unknown Computer collection for OSD deployment. What is another way to do this?
Instead of using the default unknown collection you can use import computer wizard to import a single computer or import a CSV file containing a list of unknown devices (identified by their MAC address). Set OSD on this collection.
61) When we use the update and servicing role with online service connection mode, what steps are involved for installing updates for SCCM?
When we are using online service connection mode for servicing SCCM, you will find the available updates/upgrades listed in the SCCM console. When it reflects the state as “available to download”, then right-click and start downloading. For checking the status of download dmpdownloader.log file. You can track your update package using the package GUID. After completing the download you can run a prerequisite check to ensure that all the prerequisites are satisfied and installation is not going to be stuck/ failed. Now use the install update option to start installing it. Using the option “Show Status”, you can check the progress of the installation. Use cmupdate.log file for tracking and monitoring installation.
To transfer data quickly Database replication uses SQL Server training in Hyderabad for configurations and settings to other sites in the hierarchy of Configuration Manager. Changes made at one website can merge with the data stored in different sites database.
The file-based data and content for deployment still replicate between sites by file-based replication. The configuration of the database collection replicates automatically when you join a new website to an existing hierarchy.
62) How to check if the management point is working?
Management point health can be verified by looking into Site System Status and Site Component Status options under the Monitoring section of the SCCM console.
63) What are the boundary types?
We can define a boundary using the following boundary types:
- IP subnet,
- Active Directory site name
- IPv6 Prefix
- IP address range
64) What is the purpose of defining boundary groups?
Boundary group helps the clients find a primary site for client assignment in case of an automatic site assignment. It also tells the client about their preferred management point and content locations also.
65) What is Asset intelligence?
Asset intelligence helps to manage Inventory and software license usage within our organization with the help of the asset intelligence catalog. Asset intelligence provides information about software licenses for different software that are being used, both Microsoft and non-Microsoft.
66) What is client policy?
Client Policy defines how often the below-mentioned Configuration Manager clients download client policy:
- Windows computers (for example, desktops, servers, laptops)
- Mobile devices that Configuration Manager enrolls
- Mac computers
- Computers that run Linux or UNIX
This default client policy download interval is 60. Min.
67) What is the Delivery optimization option in SCCM Client settings?
We can use this option for boundary groups to define and regulate content distribution across your corporate network and to remote offices. Delivery Optimization is only available on Windows 10 clients.
68) What is the client’s cache?
Configure manager client maintains client cache on a windows system to store temporary files used in the application installation process. The default size of the client cache is 5120 MB.
69) Which log files will you refer to for client installation?
Ccm.log file on the SMS site server, located in the SMS\Logs folder. On the client computer, review the Ccmsetup.log and Client.msi.log file, located in %Windir%\System32\ccmsetup folder.
70) Which log file records details about software update state messages that are created and sent to the management point?
71)Which log files records activities regarding task sequence activities?
72) Does the Configuration Manager console support a 64-bit operating system?
Yes. The Configuration Manager console is a 32-bit program that can run on a 32-bit version of Windows and on a 64-bit version of Windows.
73) What is a limiting collection and why would I use it?
In System Center 2012 Configuration Manager, all collections must be limited to the membership of another collection. When you create a collection, you must specify a limiting collection. A collection is always a subset of its limiting collection.
74) Can I include or exclude the members of another collection from my collection?
Yes. System Center 2012 Configuration Manager includes two new collection rules, the Include Collections rule and the Exclude Collections rule that allow you to include or exclude the membership of specified collections.
75) Are incremental updates supported for all collection types?
No. Collections configured by using query rules that use certain classes do not support incremental updates.
76) What is the All Unknown Computers collection?
The All Unknown Computers collection contains two objects that represent records in the Configuration Manager database so that you can deploy operating systems to computers that are not managed by Configuration Manager, and so are unknown to Configuration Manager.
These computers can include the following:
- A computer where the Configuration Manager client is not installed
- A computer that is not imported into Configuration Manager
- A computer that is not discovered by Configuration Manager
77) Why does Install Client from the ribbon install the client to the whole collection when I’ve selected a single computer but installs to the selected computer only if I right-click the computer and then select Install Client?
If you choose Install Client from the ribbon when the Collection ribbon tab is selected, the client installs to all computers in the collection rather than to just the selected computer.
To install the client to just the selected computer, click the Home tab on the ribbon before you click Install Client from the ribbon, or use the right-click option.
78) How can I create a collection that contains only Mac computers, or only Linux servers?
For System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1 and later:
Because an ID for each device type (for example Windows computers, Mac computers, or Linux computers) is stored in the Configuration Manager database, you can create a collection that contains a query rule to return only devices with a specified ID.
79) How can I create a collection of Windows 8 computers that are Always On Always Connected capable?
For System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1 and later:
Create a collection with a query-based rule. Query the attribute class System Resource and the attribute Connected Standby Capable = TRUE to return computers that are Always On Always Connected capable.
80) Why does the Configuration Manager console use HTTP to the Internet and what would stop working if this is blocked by my firewall?
The Configuration Manager console uses HTTP to the Internet in two scenarios:
- When you use the geographical view from the Site Hierarchy node in the Monitoring workspace, which uses Internet Explorer to access Bing Maps.
- When you use the Configuration Manager help file and click a link to view or search for information on TechNet.
If you do not require these functions, your firewall can block HTTP connections from the console without additional loss of functionality to Configuration Manager.
81) How can I increase the number of search results in the Configuration Manager console?
By default, the Configuration Manager console limits search results to 1,000 items. You can change this value by using the Search tab. In the Options group. click Search Settings and then change the Search Results value in the Search Settings dialog box.
82) When I search folders, how can I automatically include sub folders in the search?
By default, the Configuration Manager console limits searches to the current folder. You can change this behavior by first clicking in the Search box in the results pane.
Then, in the Search tab, in the Scope group. click All Sub folders. In the results pane, the search is extended to AND Path <Current Node + Sub folders>. Add criteria if required, and type your search text to search the current folder and its sub folders.
83) Can I provide clients with unique client agent configurations without installing additional sites or Can’t?
Yes. System Center 2012 Configuration Manager applies a hierarchy-wide set of default client settings (formerly called client agent settings)which you can modify on clients by using custom client settings that you assign to collections.
This proposes a flexible way of delivering customized client settings to any client in your hierarchy, regardless of the site is assigned to, or where the place it is located on your network.
84) Can I perform an in-place upgrade of a Configuration Manager 2007 distribution point (i to a System Center 2012 Configuration Manager distribution point?
You can perform an in-place upgrade of a Configuration Manager 2007 distribution point that stores all content during the upgrade. This includes an upgrade of a distribution point on a server share, a branch distributing point, or a standard distribution point.
85) Do you know Configuration Manager helps in identifying the computers which are used by a user to support the feature called User Device Affinity?
Yes. Configuration Manager gathers procedure data from customer devices that can be utilized to mechanically describe User Device affinities or to benefit with manual creation of affinities.
86) Are there any new Active Directory schema extensions for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager?
No. The Active Directory schema extensions for System Center is 2012 Configuration Manager .it is unchanged from those used by Configuration Manager 2007.
If you extended the schema for Configuration Manager 2007, you do not need to extension the schema again for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager or System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1.
87) Do I have to configure my site for Internet-based client management before when i can use cloud-based distribution points in Configuration Manager SP1?
No these 2 configurations use the Internet, they are independent from each other. Clients on the intranet can use cloud-based distribution points and some of the these clients do not require a PKI client certificate.
88) write short note on Azure AD device identity in SCCM 1806?
Azure AD device identity is a cloud-based identity which is used to authenticate securely with cloud management gateway and the management point.
89) Where is the documentation for role-based administration?
A role-based administration is integrated into the configuration of the hierarchy and management functions, there is no separate documentation section for role-based administration. Instead, information is integrated throughout the documentation library.
The Configuration Manager console lists the description of each role-based security role is installed with Configuration Manager, and the minimum permissions and suitable security roles for each management function is included as prerequisite in the relevant topic.