[50+] Peoplesoft Admin Interview Questions and Answers [LEARN NOW]
Last updated on 14th Nov 2021, Blog, Interview Questions
We have compiled the most frequently asked Peoplesoft Interview Questions and Answers that will help you prepare for the Peoplesoft viva questions and answers that an interviewer might ask you during your interview. In this list of Peoplesoft basic interview questions, we have covered all commonly asked basic and Java interview questions for experienced candidates with detailed answers to help you clear the job interview. The following list contains 100 important Peoplesoft programming questions for freshers as well as Peoplesoft questions and answers for experienced programmers to help them prepare for the interview. This detailed guide of Peoplesoft interview questions will help you to crack your Job interview easily.
1. Describe the Peoplesoft internet architecture?
2. What are WSL & JSL and what are they used for?
|WSL-Workstation Listener is used to communicate with Application Server from file server connect through 3 tier arch.||JSL – Jolt Station listener is used to connect clients from web server to Application Server through 3 and 4 tire arches.|
3. What is PSADMIN in Peoplesoft?
You use PSADMIN for managing application server domains, Peoplesoft Process Scheduler domains, integration server processes, search domains, and so on. PSADMIN also enables you to configure and manage the behavior of servers with respect to a wide range of PeopleTools infrastructure elements.
4 . What is the Peoplesoft process scheduler server?
The Peoplesoft Process Scheduler Server Agent uses this value to track server status—running, down, or suspended. Each time the server issues a heartbeat message, it updates the last date and time stamp in the Server Status table with the current date and time.
5. What elements are there in PSADMIN?
- Tuxedo and Jolt.
- PeopleCode debugging.
- Analytic server framework.
- Transactional SQL requests.
- Performance enhancement.
- Peoplesoft Query.
- Integration Broker.
- Real-time event notification.
- Performance Monitor.
- MultiChannel Framework.
PSADMIN consists of various PeopleTools infrastructure elements, including,
6. What is an Effective Date?
Information Component /Record linked to the data EFFDT. Information changes based on the EFFDT.
7. What are the Analytic Servers?
The analytic server framework provided by Peoplesoft is a general server infrastructure designed to meet the needs of Peoplesoft products that process large amounts of data in memory.
It provides a stateful model of client/server connectivity that these products require to be part of the PeopleTools system, by keeping track of configuration settings, transaction information, and other data for a session.
8. Describe the architecture of Peoplesoft search framework?
9. Can you give an example scenario for Analytic Server?
For example, client software could request that an analytic model or optimization model be recalculated in one transaction, then retrieve the results of the calculation on that model at a later time.
A server process handles these requests and maintains the model state and calculated data in memory between the requests. Additional transactions can then modify the model and perform recalculations on it without shuffling all of the data between the client and the server or dumping all the data into a database, thus preserving in-memory performance.
10. Explain that Peoplesoft supports which Web Servers?
Peoplesoft supports Oracle WebLogic and IBM WebSphere web servers, which provide the same basic functionality to support Peoplesoft applications, including a console interface, secure sockets layer (SSL), and reverse proxy servers (RPS).
Each web server has its own way of accomplishing its functionality, and each adds its own extra features that you might find useful to your Peoplesoft system. This PeopleBook provides supplemental information about configuring and administering the web servers where it has particular relevance to Peoplesoft.
11. Why do we use WebLogic server in Peoplesoft?
We use the Oracle WebLogic Server as a web server in the Peoplesoft Internet Architecture to deploy Peoplesoft applications. The Peoplesoft Internet Architecture installation on the WebLogic Server provides these primary server configuration options.
12. What is PeopleSoft HCM used for?
Human Capital Management (HCM) is a suite of PeopleSoft modules used to manage employee and human resource functions. The HCM suite is made up of the following modules: Human Resources (Position Management). The HR module maintains position and employee data.
13. What is Peoplesoft internet architecture server?
14. What is the Multi server definition in Weblogic Server?
This domain configuration contains seven unique server definitions and a WebLogic cluster, and the Peoplesoft application is split across multiple server instances on a single machine. This configuration is intended for the production environment.
15. How can we migrate a customized object between 2 databases having no physical connectivity?
|Copy the exported file to the target system.||Use ‘Copy project from file’ feature|
16.What is Distributed managed server definition in Weblogic Server?
This option is an extension of the “Multi server” selection and installs the necessary files to boot managed servers spread across multiple machines. This option requires a “Multi server” installation to be performed to some other location that contains the configuration for this managed server.
17. How is capacity planning for Peoplesoft?
Capacity Planning is a method of management that features the efficient use of resources through a projection of production needs. Planning for capacity breaks down into three steps: determining capacity requirements, analyzing current capacity, and planning for the future
18. What is the WebLogic Server Administration Console?
The WebLogic Server Administration Console is the main utility that is used to administer and monitor the WebLogic server processes.
The Administration Console provides an interface to monitor and configure aspects of a Peoplesoft application from a web server perspective.
19. What is PeopleSoft ESA?
Oracle’s PeopleSoft Enterprise Service Automation (ESA) enables project-centric organizations and departments to establish core operational processes that support full project lifecycle management—across operations and finance—from project selection, planning and staffing, through execution, cost control, and analysis.
20 . Describe the architecture of Peoplesoft fundamentals
21. Where to use the command prompt?
- Single server – startPIA.cmd Or, you can use the PSADMIN PIA domain menu options.
- Multi server – domain admin server – startWebLogicAdmin.cmd
- Multi server – managed server – startManagedWebLogic.cmd server
Running WebLogic as a foreground process is beneficial if you need to monitor WebLogic in real time. To run WebLogic as a foreground process, enter one of the following commands at the command prompt in PIA_HOME\webserv\domain\bin.
22. Use the windows service?
- You can start and stop the service from a remote Windows machine.
- To install the service, open the command prompt, and enter the appropriate command from your PIA_HOME\webserv\domain\bin directory:
- Single server – install NT service VIA.cmd
- Multi server – InstallNTservice.cmd weblogic_server_instance_name
- For example: installNTservice.cmd PIA
- To start WebLogic as a Windows service, you can:
- Start the service named WebLogicdomain-servername (for example, Peoplesoft-PIA) by using the Services utility in the Windows Control Panel.
- Start the service from a command prompt by entering the following command: NET START Peoplesoft-PIA.
Benefits of running WebLogic as a Windows service include:
WebLogic can automatically start when the Windows server boots.
23. Explain What Are The Differences Between Rowclass And Rowset In Peoplesoft?
|Row class is the component object where it binds all the rows in all level will be in the buffer||Row set is the set of rows that are in the level one from there for every rowset you can access the data in the level two|
24. What is PeopleSoft Financials used for?
PeopleSoft financial analytics provides the tools you need to develop, manage, and measure corporate strategies that can drive the most profitable growth.
25. How do you start WebLogic on UNIX?
- Single server – startPIA.sh
- Multi server – domain admin server – startWebLogicAdmin.sh
- Multi server – managed server – startManagedWebLogic.sh server
To start Peoplesoft on UNIX execute the appropriate script in the WebLogic domain directory that the Peoplesoft install created, as in PIA_HOME/webserv/Peoplesoft/bin.
26. Describe the architecture of Peoplesoft optimisation framework?
27. How do you stop WebLogic Using the Command Line?
- Configuration – Windows – UNIX
- Single server – stopPIA.cmd – stopPIA.sh
- Multi server (WebLogic Admin server) – stopWebLogic.cmd – stopWebLogic.sh
- Multi server (Managed WebLogic server) – stopWebLogic.cmd “ManagedServerName> – StopWebLogic.sh-ManagedServer Name”
To stop WebLogic using the command line, enter the appropriate command.
28. How can you control WebLogic server life cycle?
control a WebLogic server’s life cycle primarily using a collection of scripts provided in that server’s WebLogic domain directory.
Each instance of a WebLogic server runs in an isolated Java Runtime Environment (JRE), regardless of whether you’re testing with a single-server configuration or implementing a multi-server configuration for production. All scripts must be launched from the WebLogic domain directory; and provide usage syntax if run with –help.
29. What is JVM Heap?
The JVM heap size is the amount of memory that a particular JRE (Java Runtime Environment) gives to the JVM (Java Virtual Machine) that it creates.
The java.exe command on Windows, java on UNIX and beasvc.exe when running WebLogic as a Windows service is the JRE, and the JVM exists within the JRE’s memory space. The primary sources for monitoring the amount of memory that is in use within a JVM are the Administration Console and the WebLogic logs.
30. How can you change the JVM Heap Size?
If you need to adjust any of the Java options, most commonly the JVM heap size, you must manually edit that WebLogic domain’s local setEnv script. The parameters, -Xms and -Xmx, control the JVM memory minimum and maximum heap size respectively.
31. Describe the Peoplesoft internet architecture?/p>
Learn PeopleSoft Admin Certification Training Course to Build Your SkillsWeekday / Weekend BatchesSee Batch Details
32. What is Peoplesoft Configuration Manager?
Peoplesoft Configuration Manager is a Microsoft Windows application that simplifies development workstation administration by enabling you to adjust Peoplesoft registry settings from a central location.
You can set up one development workstation to reflect the environment at your site, then export the configuration file, which can be shared among other workstations. You can also define separate profiles for connecting to different Peoplesoft databases.
33. What are the Peoplesoft configuration parameters?
- Startup settings.
- Display settings.
- Crystal report and Business Interlink settings.
- Trace settings.
- Workflow settings.
- Remote call settings.
- Developer workstations.
- Importing and exporting environment settings.
- Defining configuration profiles.
Peoplesoft configuration parameters are grouped on the Configuration Manager pages according to the function, feature, or tool that they control, including:
34. What is SYMBOLIC ID and connect Id?
|It is an alias that ties the user ID to the access id.||Mainly used to establish connections to RDBMS.|
|Since the access id is so powerful, it is not stored in the PSOPRDEFN table where casual users might see it.||ID and password are stored in the RDBMS security tables.|
35. What is the use of Peoplesoft Configuration Manager?
- Peoplesoft Configuration Manager simplifies Windows workstation administration by enabling you to adjust Peoplesoft registry settings from one central location.
- It contains a variety of controls that let you set up Windows workstations running development and administrative applications, such as Application Designer and Data Mover.
- You can set up one workstation to reflect the environment at your site, and then export the configuration file, which can be shared among all the workstations at your site.
- You can also define separate profiles for connecting to different Peoplesoft databases. Peoplesoft configuration parameters are grouped on the Configuration Manager tabs according to the function, feature, or tool that they control.
36. Describe the Peoplesoft MCF architecture?
37.What are the common Elements in Peoplesoft Configuration Manager?
OK – Saves your settings and exits Peoplesoft Configuration Manager. Cancel – Closes Peoplesoft Configuration Manager without saving any changes that you have made. Apply – Saves your changes without exiting.
38. How can you launch a Configuration Manager?
At a command prompt, enter:
39. What are Peoplesoft Server Process Logs?
- For each Peoplesoft server process, such as PSAPPSRV, the system writes an individual log file to your specified logs directory.
- Depending on the logging level, these log files can contain varying amounts of information.
- Reviewing these log files regularly can help you to identify potential issues or system trends, and they are a valuable source of information when troubleshooting.
- To understand the log information, it is helpful to be able to identify the various log fields that the system writes to an individual line in the log file.
40.Can you give an example of Peoplesoft Server Process Logs?
A typical log file contains these log fields:
- [Server Process]:[Operating System Process ID] [Service Request Number] [Timestamp] [Log Level] [Message]
41. Explain the oracle Peoplesoft internet architecture?
42. How can you configure PeopleCode Trace?
- Select PeopleTools, Utilities, Debug, Trace PeopleCode to access the Trace PeopleCode page.
- You use this page to change the PeopleCode tracing options while online. This page does not affect trace options that are set in Peoplesoft Configuration Manager.
- Use Trace PeopleCode to create a file displaying information about PeopleCode programs processed from the time that you start the trace.
43. Is PeopleSoft a financial system?
The Financial Management System is a suite of PeopleSoft modules used to manage financial processes. The FMS suite is made up of the following modules: General Ledger (Account Setup). … All accounts are set up within the General Ledger.
44. What is IDDA Logging?
The Peoplesoft Instrumented Development Diagnostic Aid (IDDA) logger, enables you to gather specific information about various areas within the Peoplesoft Internet Architecture and Peoplesoft Interaction Hub.
45. How do we start & stop Web Server in a single server domain?
46. What are PeopleTools Utilities and what it contains?
The PeopleTools utilities are a set of various configuration and administration interfaces that serve as a browser-based method of setting numerous system settings.
47.What are the three main components of PIA Architecture?
Web server, Application Server, Database server
48. Explain the understanding of Peoplesoft portal architecture?
The PeopleSoft Pure Internet Architecture is the server-centric architecture used to deploy PeopleSoft internet applications to end users who access the applications through a web browser. The portal servlet runs on the web server. The web server communicates with the application server over Jolt.
49.How does a client communicate with the web server?
Web browsers communicate with web servers using the HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP). When you click a link on a web page, submit a form, or run a search, the browser sends an HTTP Request to the server.
50. What protocol is used between client and web server?
HTTP & Client-Server Communication. Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) is the protocol that web browsers and web servers use “under the hood” to communicate with each other over the Internet. It is text based. HTTP is a protocol which allows the fetching of resources, such as HTML documents.
51.How can you launch PSADMIN?
- By using PS_HOME\appserv\psadmin.exe from the command line, we can launch the PSADMIN.
52. What is Single server definition in Weblogic Server
This domain configuration contains one server named PIA, and the entire Peoplesoft application is deployed to it. This configuration is intended for a single user or very small scale, non-production environments.
53 . Describe the cloud Peoplesoft Transfer rule extractor?
54.How can you start WebLogic on Microsoft Windows?
- To run WebLogic as a foreground process, enter one of the following commands at the command prompt in PIA_HOME\webserv\domain\bin.
- Single server – startPIA.cmd Or, you can use the PSADMIN PIA domain menu options.
- Multi server – domain admin server – startWebLogicAdmin.cmd
- Multi server – managed server – startManagedWebLogic.cmd server
On Microsoft Windows, you can start WebLogic using: command prompt and Windows service.
Using the Command Prompt:
Running WebLogic as a foreground process is beneficial if you need to monitor WebLogic in real time.
55. How do you uninstall the Weblogic server?
To uninstall the service, enter the following command:
- uninstall service.cmd
56. Explain about the Report Repository.
|It is a location in the webserver where reports and log files are stored.||It manages the report and logs file access in a browser. It allows users who have access to view the files.|
57. What is Peoplesoft and how does it work?
Peoplesoft offers customer service management apps in the form of Peoplesoft CRM. This CRM tool can be customized to fit sales, marketing or service industries. Peoplesoft also offers business process management (BPM) tools, allowing users to set up orders and workflows, as well as automate processes.
58. What is the structure of Peoplesoft process schedulers?
PeopleTools Process Scheduler is a centralized tool that enables application developers, system administrators, and application users to manage PeopleSoft batch processes. Using PeopleSoft Pure Internet Architecture, you can access a list of processes through a web browser and queue and run a process request.
59. Do companies still use Peoplesoft?
The companies using Peoplesoft are most often found in the United States and in the Computer Software industry. Peoplesoft is most often used by companies with 10-50 employees and 1M-10M dollars in revenue. Our data for Peoplesoft usage goes back as far as 6 years.
60. What is Peoplesoft a PAAS?
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure as a Service (Iaas) and Platform as a Service (Paas) now offers Peoplesoft customers many attractive options to streamline maintenance activities while reducing administrative overheads, improving response times, reducing manual errors, automating pre and post maintenance tasks while.
Get JOB PeopleSoft Admin Training for Beginners By MNC Experts
- Instructor-led Sessions
- Real-life Case Studies
61. What is Peoplesoft admin training?
62. Is Peoplesoft still supported?
Since it’s now 2020, it was time for us to review and extend the support date, and we have. The Lifetime Support Policy datasheet for Applications has been updated, and now shows all Peoplesoft continuous delivery releases supported through at least 2031.
63. How does a client connect to a web server?
A client initiates the communication by connecting to a server. The client sends requests to the server, and the server sends replies back. Finally, the client disconnects. A server might handle connections from many clients concurrently, and clients might also connect to multiple servers.
64. Is Peoplesoft a CRM?
Oracle’s Peoplesoft customer relationship management (CRM) delivers “CRM for You”—solutions that have been tailored to fit your industry business processes, your customer strategies, and your success criteria.
65. Does Peoplesoft use SQL?
Peoplesoft is an ERP with modules related to Finance, Human Resources etc. The web pages in Peoplesoft are developed using its own PeopleCode language. SQL scripts are run in SQL Developer applications based on the module environment.
66. Who owns Peoplesoft now?
Oracle Corporation today announced that it has signed a definitive merger agreement to acquire Peoplesoft, Inc., for $26.50 per share (approximately $10.3 billion). The transaction has been approved by the boards of directors of both companies and should close by early January.
67 . How are the Communication networks in Peoplesoft?
Facilitates both Synchronous & Asynchronous communication between systems. ❖ PeopleSoft Integration Broker consists of two Sub-Systems.
68. What is Peoplesoft a relational database?
Peoplesoft is a relational database. Strictly speaking, a relational database: Provides multiple databases in which data can be stored and retrieved.
69. Describe the architecture of Peoplesoft enterprise deployment guide?
70.Who started Peoplesoft?
David Duffield is best known for reluctantly selling Peoplesoft to tech Giant, Oracle, for $10 billion dollars in 2005. Peoplesoft meant a lot to Duffield, who built the company from the ground, up.
71. What is a query in Peoplesoft?
Peoplesoft Query is an end user reporting tool. With Peoplesoft Query, you can extract the precise information that you are looking for by using visual representations of your Peoplesoft database, without writing SQL statements. … To run queries as a separate process.
72. Describe the structure of novel extension composers connected to Peoplesoft?
73. What is a Peoplesoft data mover?
Peoplesoft Data Mover enables you to: Transfer application data between Peoplesoft databases. Move Peoplesoft databases across operating systems and database platforms. Execute Structured Query Language (SQL) statements against any Peoplesoft database, regardless of the underlying operating system or database platform.
74. Is Peoplesoft a financial system?
The Financial Management System is a suite of Peoplesoft modules used to manage financial processes. The FMS suite is made up of the following modules: General Ledger (Account Setup). … All accounts are set up within the General Ledger.
75. What are comparable reports?What is the difference between *changed and changed in compare report?
|Customer changed the object after installing the last release.||The definition has compared, its LASTUPDOPRID value is “PPLSOFT”|
|The definitions has been compared, its LASTUPDOPRID value is “TPLSOFT”, and its||its LASTUPDDTTM value is less than or equal to date/time stamp of the comparison|
|The LASTUPDDTTM value is greater than the date/ time stamp of the comparison release database, in other words the people have modified the definition since the comparison was released.||in other words the Peoplesoft Last modified the definition prior to the comparison release.|
76. What is the current version of Peoplesoft?
The first Peoplesoft HRMS (Human Resources Management System) was released. The Oracle Corporation acquired the software in 2005 and subsequently released Peoplesoft FMS 9.0 and Peoplesoft HCM (Human Capital Management) 9.0 the following year. The most recent version, Peoplesoft 9.2,
77. What is included in Peoplesoft Financials?
The Peoplesoft Financial Management suite provides integration with expansion solutions such as Asset Lifecycle Management, Enterprise Service Automation, Oracle GRC, and Enterprise Performance Management. Topics covered in this Expertise include General Ledger, Payables, Receivables, Billing, and eSettlements.
78. Explain the architecture of Peoplesoft integration using oracle?
79. What is Peoplesoft EPM?
EPM is a packaged data warehousing platform that serves both as a repository of your information for reporting and analysis, and as the foundation for the Peoplesoft EPM Warehouses and Analytical Applications.
80. How long will Peoplesoft be around?
Oracle began reviewing and planning to extend support by one year, each year, until Oracle’s investment and support strategy for Peoplesoft changes. After this review, Oracle has announced that support for Peoplesoft will be extended.
81. Define DDDAUDIT, SYSAUDIT?
|DDDAUDIT – The Database Audit Report checks for inconsistencies between PeopleTools and the database objects.||The System Audit identifies orphaned objects and any other consistencies within a system.|
82. Why should I use Peoplesoft?
Oracle’s Peoplesoft applications are designed to address the most complex business requirements. They provide comprehensive business and industry solutions, enabling organizations to increase productivity, accelerate business performance, and provide a lower cost of ownership.
83 . Describe the structure of enterprise Peoplesoft tools?
84. Is Peoplesoft in the cloud?
Yes. Oracle’s Managed Cloud Services team (OMCS) already provides managed services for Peoplesoft customers and have expanded their service offering to include the deployment and management of Peoplesoft instances on the Oracle Cloud.
85. Does Peoplesoft have an API?
The API is a collection of Java class files that reside on the client system and mediate between the client application layer and Peoplesoft. Before using your component interface, you must apply security to it and test it. To build a Peoplesoft API Java program: Open the Peoplesoft Application Designer.
86. Is Oracle HCM the same as Peoplesoft?
Both Peoplesoft and HCM Cloud Payroll are great payroll solutions. They both provide a very powerful payroll calculation engine and configuration framework. They both handle large amounts of local country regulations. That being said, they work completely in different ways.
87. How does Peoplesoft Integration Broker work?
Peoplesoft Integration Broker is a middleware that connects internal and third-party systems through asynchronous and synchronous messaging. … It also consumes and invokes web services that come from third-party systems. It manages data structure, data format, and transport disparities while integration.
88. What about the novel integration runtime architecture?
89. Is Peoplesoft part of Oracle EBS?
Oracle released Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS/e-BS) Release 12 (R12) – a bundling of several Oracle Applications. The release date coincided with new releases of other Oracle-owned products: JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, Siebel Systems and Peoplesoft
90. How can you configure SQL Trace?
Select PeopleTools, Utilities, Debug, Trace SQL to access the Trace SQL page.
You use this page to change the SQL tracing options while you’re online.
91. Is Peoplesoft a database?
Peoplesoft database is a set of SQL objects defined as having the same owner ID. These tables are always contained within a single Oracle database. A Peoplesoft database includes the Peoplesoft objects and application data for one or more products in a Peoplesoft product line
92. Is Peoplesoft a skill?
Peoplesoft analysts need two skills: a knowledge of the software and associated database skills such as SQL, and an understanding of the complex business processes served by the software.
93. What database does PeopleSoft use?
A PeopleSoft database is a set of SQL objects defined as having the same owner ID. These tables are always contained within a single Oracle database. A PeopleSoft database includes the PeopleSoft objects and application data for one or more products in a PeopleSoft product line.
94. What is lift and shift on Peoplesoft?
Lift and Shift of PeopleSoft on-premise environment to Oracle cloud using Cloud manager. … This will enable the end-user to focus more on business and less on infrastructure management by swiping away all the complexities involved in maintaining, creating and managing the infra to run PeopleSoft on OCI.