25+ Must-Know Citrix Netscaler Interview Questions & Answers
Last updated on 04th Jul 2020, Blog, Interview Questions
If we look over to the Citrix, it is playing a crucial role as an application deployment system, resulting in a number of job opportunities for freshers as well as experienced ones. If you’re the one who is also searching for the Citrix job, then one must be aware of the interview questions and answers. So below, we have mentioned top Citrix interview questions which can help you to clear the job interview.
1) What is Citrix?
Citrix is an application arrangement framework. With Citrix, one can get to the tweaked application and can likewise be conveyed to remote frameworks. It additionally permits record exchange from home PC to office PC and email getting to.
2) List out the services provided by Citrix?
Service provided by Citrix includes:
- Citrix virtual memory optimization service
- Encryption service
- Citrix XTE service
- Independent Management architecture
- Citrix SMA service
- COM (Common Object Model) services
3) What is Citrix Receiver?
Citrix recipient is an accumulation of a suite of items that empowers customer gadgets to interface with different work area virtualization administrations offered by Citrix. Citrix recipients can interface with customer gadgets to XenDesktop applications, XenDesktop and work areas by means of the HDX protocol.
4) What Is Citrix XML Broker?
Citrix XML dealer acts as a go-between the web interface and homestead. It gets the qualifications of the client from the web interface. It recovers the applications that have client consent to get to. It is finished by autonomous administration design and comes back to the web interface. XML merchant identifies the server in the ranch, once the client is confirmed. It restores the address of the administration rendering server to the web interface. It works between IMA administration and web interface.
5) Name any three important ports which are directly associated with the Citrix Services?
These are IMA Port 2512 & 2513, CMC and SSL port and UDP Port
6) How to implement Policies in Citrix?
The Citrix policy can be applied through Console Managment in 3 levels
- Farm Level
- Citrix Server Level
7) Is there any boundation on the refresh time for the Local Host Cache?
When the IMA is stopped, the Local Host Cache has a time limit of 30 minutes.
8) What Is Lhc In Citrix?
The IMA benefit executing on every Presentation Server downloads the data it requires from the focal information store into a neighborhood MDB database known as the Local Host Cache or LHC.
9) How You Can Remove Dead Server From The Citrix Management Console?
To expel dead server from the Citrix Management Console you need to run:
- DSVERIFY SERVERS/CLEAN/FORCE for advancing the Data Store
- DSVerify can be executed on any of the servers in the farm
10) Can you explain what issue does the NetScaler solves?
The Netscaler technology resolves issues of low-speed internet and low bandwidth that needs to stream a desktop from a centralized server. This provides slow streaming compliance on the virtualization solution to provide optimum support and feature on the client machine.
11) Netscaler Load Balancing Persistence to specific member?
In the Netscaler load balancing persistence rules it is straightforward to sticky a client IP to the same member each time.
12) How does Citrix Netscaler licensing differ from the other Citrix product licensing?
As an appliance or hardware, Netscaler is separate from most other Citrix products that use a license server. It is licensed independently.
13) What is the Role of the XenDesktop Controller?
A controller is the server-side architectural component of XenDesktop that is responsible for distributing desktops, managing user access, and optimizing connections.
14) What exactly do you know about the Data Store in Citrix? What kind of information can it store?
The Citric farm needs a lot of information about the configuration and the same is present in the Data Store. It is possible to modify the Meta Farm Server whenever the need of same is felt. It can easily store the information about the User & Server Configuration, Print Environment, as well as Published Environment.
15) What free tool from Citrix will allow you to analyze your log files, profile your Citrix environment, scan for known issues and attach a log file to a Citrix support ticket?
Citrix Insight Services or TaaS
16) What do you understand from the Web Interface in the Citrix?
It is also known as NFuse and is useful in offering the Web access to the Unix, Java, Linux, as well as to Windows-based applications which are hosted through the server software meant for the Citrix environment. The Citrix simply let the users have the server-side control of all the applications that come with a tag of Citrix. Also, the applications can directly be accessed through the web browser interface.
17) What are the two most common ports used on XenApp ICA sessions? What are each used for?
Ports 1494 (ICA/HDX) and 2598(Session Reliability)
18) What according to you are the services that Citrix can easily provide?
One of the best services that can simply be assured from it is the Citrix Virtual memory optimization. For security and privacy, it offers another service called Encryption service that simply let the users keep up the pace with the same. The Citrix SMA Service is another one that cut down the complexity from several important tasks in a very reliable manner. Moreover, it provides the Independent Management Architecture that let the users get the desired outcome from the cluster approach.
19) Is it possible in the Citrix to clear the XenServer cache?
Yes, this is possible and the users can perform this task through the command prompt.
20) Abbreviate LHC in the Citrix?
It stands for Local Host Cache. It is basically a local database in the Citrix Environment.
21) What is unavailable or changes during an outage
- You cannot use Studio or run PowerShell cmdlets.
- No Site Management Hypervisor credentials cannot be obtained from the Host Service.
- All machines are in the unknown power state, and no power operations can be issued. However, VMs on the host that are powered-on can be used for connection requests. Machines with VDAs in pooled Delivery Groups that are configured with “Shut down after use” are placed into maintenance mode.
- An assigned machine can be used only if the assignment occurred during normal operations.
- New assignments cannot be made during an outage.
- Automatic enrollment and configuration of Remote PC Access machines is not possible. However, machines that were enrolled and configured during normal operation are usable.
- Server-hosted applications and desktop users may use more sessions than their configured session limits, if the resources are in different zones
22) What are the FMA key components?
- Delivery controller
- Site database
- Citrix Receiver
- License Server
23) Define Delivery Controller
The Delivery Controller is the central management component of a XenApp or XenDesktop Site. Each Site has one or more Delivery Controllers. It is installed on at least one server in the data center.
For Site reliability and availability, Controllers should be installed on more than one server. If your deployment includes virtual machines hosted on a hypervisor or cloud service, the Controller services communicate with the hypervisor to distribute applications and desktops, authenticate and manage user access, broker connections between users and their virtual desktops and applications, optimize use connections, and load-balance these connections.
The Controller’s Broker Service tracks which users are logged on and where, what session resources the users have, and if users need to reconnect to existing applications.
The Broker Service executes PowerShell cmdlets and communicates with a broker agent on the VDAs over TCP port 80. It does not have the option to use TCP port 443. The Monitor Service collects historical data and places it in the Monitor database.
This service uses TCP port 80 or 443. Data from the Controller services is stored in the Site database. The Controller manages the state of desktops, starting and stopping them based on demand and administrative configuration.
In some editions, the Controller allows you to install Profile management to manage user personalization settings in virtualized or physical Windows environments.
24) Define Site Database
A Microsoft SQL database that stores data for the Delivery Controller, such as site policies, machine catalogs, and delivery groups.
Get Citrix Netscaler Training Courses with Industry Standard ModulesWeekday / Weekend BatchesSee Batch Details
25) Define Virtual Delivery Agent (VDA)
The VDA is installed on each physical or virtual machine in your Site that you make available to users; those machines can deliver applications or desktops. The VDA enables the machine to register with the Controller, which in turn allows the machine and the resources it is hosting to be made available to users. VDAs establish and manage the connection between the machine and the user device, verify that a Citrix license is available for the user or session, and apply whatever policies have been configured for the session. The VDA communicates session information to the Broker Service in the Controller through the broker agent included in the VDA. The broker agent hosts multiple plugins and collects real-time data. It communicates with the Controller over TCP port 80. It does not have the option to use TCP port 443. The word “VDA” is often used to refer to the agent as well as the machine on which it is installed. VDAs are available for Windows server and desktop operating systems. VDAs for Windows server operating systems allow multiple users to connect to the server at one time. VDAs for Windows desktop operating systems allow only one user to connect to the desktop at a time. A Linux VDA is also available.
26) Define StoreFront
The interface that authenticates users, manages applications and desktops, and hosts the application store. StoreFront communicates with the Delivery Controller using XM It also keeps track of users’ application subscriptions, shortcut names, and other data to ensure they have a consistent experience across multiple devices.
27) Define Citrix Receiver
A software client that is installed on the user device, supplies the connection to the virtual machine via TCP port 80 or 443, and communicates with StoreFront using the StoreFront Service API
28) Define Studio
A management console that allows administers to configure and manage Sites, and gives access to realtime data from the Broker agent. Studio communicates with the Controller on TCP port 80.
29) Define Director
A web-based tool that allows administers access to real-time data from the Broker agent, historical data from the Site database, and HDX data from NetScaler for troubleshooting and support. Director communicates with the Controller on TCP port 80 or 443.
30) Define License server
License server manages your product licenses. It communicates with the Controller to manage licensing for each user’s session and with Studio to allocate license files. You must create at least one license server to store and manage your license files.
31) Can we have single Machine in two Machine Catalog’s ? If possible? Explain.
32) What is the employment Of Desktop Virtualization?
Desktop virtualization provides optimizations techniques to deliver the applications, data and desktop surroundings to the users. It extra provides the protection by managing all the applications and desktop systems at one place. It manages and updates utterly completely different static desktop footage from one place and permits the customization of applications to provide high performance, security and movableness to each user.
33) Is Citrix Xen Full Fill the requirements created By Desktop Virtualization?
Citrix xend virtualization provides one declare desktop virtualization that gives on demand services for desktop and completely different applications. It permits the user to firmly deliver the resources through information superhighway to PCs and to the patron area with high user experience.
34) What is the employment And Purpose of producing A Desktop Virtualization Platform By Citrix?
Citrix has provided a platform that gives desktop virtualization and it delivers the desktop services and applications from anywhere to the users. It reduces the standard and improves the protection of the data. It provides a centralized place to manage the datacenter. It delivers high end experience for the user and provides high latency inside the network. It offers reduced time for execution of the applying and adaptableness inside the delivering customised desktops to every virtual and physical devices.
35) Is Desktop Virtualization utterly completely different From Application Virtualization?
Desktop virtualization provides the desktop package its surroundings and applications from the data enter, whereas application virtualization entirely brings application from the data enter.
Desktop virtualization brings entirely the desktop choices not the applying related to it, whereas application keep the desktop separate and convey entirely those applications that ar required at a specific time. this fashion optimization and efficiency area unit usually maintained.
Enroll in Advanced Citrix Netscaler Training & Build Your Skills to Next Level
- Instructor-led Sessions
- Real-life Case Studies
36) What is the distinction Between Desktop Virtualization And Virtual Desktop Interface?
Virtual desktop interface might be a form of desktop virtualization, whereas desktop virtualization is itself a singular entity that is separated with others.
VDI turn out a virtual machine and execute the user’s desktop inside it, whereas desktop virtualization permits running the customised desktop with none virtual machines.
VDI works only for few users that have utterly completely different demands but it’s unsuitable to meet all the strain for all users, whereas desktop virtualization meet and provide all the required choices to the user.
37) You manager has requested you to come up with a way for your helpdesk to monitor and troubleshoot your XenDesktop/XenApp 7.x environment, without adding on a third party solution. What built in Citrix functionality would you use to do so?
Citrix Director Enables level-1 and level-2 IT Support staff to monitor a XenDesktop deployment and perform day-to-day maintenance tasks. You can also view and interact with a user’s session, using Microsoft Remote Assistance, to troubleshoot problems.
38) You are architecting a Citrix Provisioning Services (PVS) deployment which will be placed across different datacenters via a WAN link. You only want the PVS disks to be streamed in each local datacenter and not cross over the WAN. What feature in PVS would you use to accomplish this?
39) You are preparing a PVS master target device which is created on VMware vSphere virtual hardware version 10 or higher. What must you do with the CD/DVD Rom setting for PVS to work correctly?
You will need to change the CD/DVD Rom to IDE instead of SATA. SATA is not supported in PVS.
40) Citrix StoreFront displays applications differently than Web Interface. Instead of having all accessible applications appear on the home screen, first time users are invited to choose (subscribe) to the applications they want to regularly use after they logon. What function in Storefront must you use to avoid users having a blank screen and automatically subscribe users to a few core applications when they first logon?