Get [LATEST] Boxi Interview Questions and Answers
Last updated on 17th Nov 2021, Blog, Interview Questions
In this program of Boxi basic interview questions, we have included all regularly asked basic and Boxi interview questions for experienced candidates with detailed answers to help you clear the job interview. The following list includes the best important Boxi questions for freshers as well as Boxi questions and answers for experienced candidates to help them prepare for the interview. This complete guide of Boxi interview questions will encourage you to crack your Job interview easily.
1. What are SAP Business Objects?
Business objects can be considered as integrated analysis, reporting and query for the purpose of finding a solution to some business professionals that can be helpful for them to retrieve data from the corporate databases in a direct manner from the desktop. This retrieved information can be presented and analyzed within a document of business objects. Business objects can be helpful as an OLAP tool to high-level management as a significant part of Decision Support Systems.
2. Explain the pros of using business objects.
- User friendliness
- Familiar business terms
- Graphical interface
- Deployment of documents on an enterprise basis by making use of WebI
- Dragging and dropping
- Powerful reports for a lesser amount of time.
There are many advantages in making use of business objects, and they are:
3. List out the different products related to Business Objects.
- User module
- Set Analyzer
- Info View
- Business Objects – Software Development – Kit
- Broadcast Agent
There are various kinds of products related to business objects, and they are:
4. Define Designer.
The designer is a module related to Business Objects IS used by the designers for creating and maintaining universes. Universes can be considered as a semantic layer that can isolate the end users from the various issues that are technical and related to the structure of the database. Universe designers have the possibility for distributing the universes to the end users after moving these as a file through the system of files or can be done by exporting the files to the repository.
5. What are the kinds of modes associated with designer and business objects?
There are especially two different kinds of modes associated with these platforms, they are:
6. List out the various kinds of methods related to multidimensional analysis that are inside business objects.
There are two different methods related to multidimensional analysis available inside BO and these methods are:
Slice & Dice
7. List out the kinds of users associated with business objects.
- General supervisor
- Graphical Interface
- Supervisor Designer
- End User
- Versatile User
Different kinds of users associated with the business object are:
8. What are the various data sources available?
Business objects help you in accessing the data from a variety of sources. You have the possibility of obtaining data from RDBMS like Oracle, MS SQL server and IBM DB2.
9. Define the kinds of data providers?
- Stored procedures
- Queries over universe
- Freehand – SQL
- VBA procedures
- OLAP servers
- Personal data files
There are various kinds of data providers available for the business objects, and they are:
10. Define Boxi architecture?
11. Define the drill mode?
Drill is a kind of analysis mode associated with business objects and helps in breaking down data as well as in viewing data from all the possible angles and the levels of detail for discovering the factor that has caused a good or a bad result.
12. What is a secured connection?
Secured connection is a kind of connection that can be helpful in overcoming the various limitations associated with the former connections. The rights related to this kind of connection can be set over documents as well as objects. Universes can be brought inside the central repository only by making use of the secured connection. The parameters regarding these connection care usually saved inside CMS.
13. Define a Chasm Trap?
Chasm trap is a condition that arises when the values inside the fact table get inflated at the time of measuring the values from two different fact tables by considering the dimensions inside the dimension table.
14. How can Chasm Trap be solved?
Chasm trap should be solved by making use of two different methods.
In the case of SQL parameters in the universe, the option generates numerous queries for each and every measure that needs to be chosen. This helps in generating a SQL statement for every measure and gives the correct results.
Another approach is to include two joints in different contexts, where the problem will get solved by generating two synchronized queries
15. What is a personal and shared connection?
|A personal connection can be created only by a single user, and it can’t be made used by others.||This is a kind of connection that is usually used by another user via a server which is a shared one.|
|The details regarding such a connection can be usually stored inside a PDAC.LSI file.||The details regarding the connection can be stored within the SDAC>LSI file which can be found within the installation folder of the business objects.|
16. What are the utilities of Derived tables?
Using SQL queries from the database level, Derived tables are created in the universe. The columns of the derived table will be the columns selected in the query. Derived tables can be used in the complex calculations which are difficult to achieve in the report levels. Using a dblink, tables can be accessed from a different schema, is another use of derived tables.
17. Define User Objects.
User objects are a universe of classes and objects which are created by the universe designer. Once the objects consisted of the universe does not match your necessities, then the user can create his own objects called User objects.
18. List out the @functions.
The @functions are:
19. What is the use of @functions?
The @prompt function asks the end user to enter any specific values. The Visual Basics for applications macro’s results will be recovered by using @Script function. An existing SELECT statement can be re-used by using the @Select function. For a name or variable, the value assigned to it will be referenced using @Variable. An existing object’s where clause can be re-used by @Where functions.
20. What is a Boxi business object?
21. How many Domains are there in Business Objects? What are they?
There are three Domains in Business Objects and they are:
22. How to access one derived table from another?
Using @Derived_table function, we can access one derived table from another. The syntax is:
- @derived_table(the derived table name)
23. Define Slice in Business Objects.
Slice works with the master or detail reports and it is used to rename, reset and delete the blocks.
24. Define custom hierarchies and create them?
|The custom hierarchies can be used for defining the universe for facilitating drill down that is customized and can happen between objects from different or same classes considering the user requirements.||The custom hierarchies can be created by following the path tools ->hierarchies in BO designer.|
25. What is a master/detail report?
Large blocks of data can be split into sections by using master/detail reports. Repeating values can be avoided by using this and also the subtotals can be displayed.
26. Define a class.
The class can be defined as a collection of objects in a universe. Subclasses can be derived from classes and using these classes and the subclasses, we can create a hierarchy.
27. How many approaches are there for linking universes?
- The Kernel approach.
- The Master approach.
- The Component approach.
There are three approaches available for linking the universes and they are:
28. What is data mining?
Data mining is the process through which you can extract the required details from the database, which can be made used for making conclusions.
29. List out the available Drill modes.
- Drill up.
- Drill down.
- Drill by.
- Drill through.
Drill mode helps to analyze data from different angles and different states of details. The available Drill modes are;
30. What is the tutorial for Boxi?
31. Define aggregate_awarness?
when we have the same fact tables in different grains, we use the aggregate_awarness function to define one object for measures in fact tables. The syntax is as:
- @aggregate_aware(highest_level.lower level)
32. Define the term fan trap?
A one to many join, links to a table which respond with another one to many join links is called fan trap.
33. Define Data provider.
The query or the data source is called as the data provider.
Learn Business Analyst Certification Training Course to Build Your SkillsWeekday / Weekend BatchesSee Batch Details
34. When do we use context?
Context is created when the dimension objects are present in one or both fact tables.
35. Define a context in the universe and create it?
|Context can be defined as the particular path of the join between a specific group of joins or the tables for the purpose of a particular query.||Context can be created by making use of features associated with context or by manual procedures.|
|A particular object that can be found inside the column of a table, belonging to a particular context, is supposed to be compatible with all the various kinds of objects belonging to the same context.||The context is usually created by making use of logical calculation or based on the business requirements. The detect context may not be much useful in this case and so it should be done by making use of the manual procedure.|
36. What is the standard mode?
Only the users within the group can be accessed in this mode.
37. List out the schemas supported by Business Objects Designer.
- star schema.
- Snowflake Schema
- Multistar Schema
- Normalized production schema.
- Data warehouse with aggregates
There are five different schemas supported by Business Objects designer and they are:
38. What is a Channel?
Channel is a website with ‘push’ technology. It is to make the users know up-to-date information. Each and every Business Objects channel will be associated with a broadcast agent, who can have several channels.
39. What are the restrictions over user objects?
User objects are not shared with other end users. It is stored in a specific user object definition file. So if any end-user tries to refresh or edit the query contains another user’s user object, it will be automatically cleaned and removed.
40. Define ESRI maps for Boxi?
41. List out the tasks of universe designer.
- Designing the universe.
- Creating the universe.
- Maintaining the universe.
- Distributing the universe
The tasks consist of:
42. List out the main components of the designer interface.
- The table browser.
- The structure pane.
- The universe pane.
The main components it consists of are:
43. What do you mean by report bursting?
To maintain the version documents according to the user profiles, we use report bursting.
44. Define WEBI.
Web intelligence is a solution that is specialized in supporting decisions related to queries, reports, and analysis.
45. Differentiate Dice and Slice.
|It renames, reset and delete the blocks. It works with the master/detail report.||It displays the data and removes the data. It turns the crosstabs and tables into charts and vice versa.|
46. What is the Abbreviation of DSS is?
Decision Support Systems.
47. Define strategies?
To automatically extract structural information from a database or from a flat file we use a script known as strategy.
48. Define the universe?
It is a set of objects and classes. These objects and classes will be intended for an application or a group of users.
49. Define secured mode?
Secured mode restricts the access of specific users over specific commands.
50. Describe Boxi reporting tools architecture?
51. What is Drill by?
Using drill by we can move to other hierarchy and analyze the other data, which belongs to another hierarchy.
52. What is a list of values?
It is a file which contains the data values associated with an object.
53. Can crystal reports be built on top of UDT?
No, tools like crystal report for Enterprises, Dashboards, BO explorer do not support the UNV universe (designed by UDT). It supports only the UNX universe (designed by IDT). Web Intelligence is the only tool that supports both the universes – UNV and UNX.
54. What can be different data sources for BO reports?
The different data sources are SAP BW, OLAP, application database, customer database, Text file, XML file and Web service.
55. We have a lot of tools available under the business objects platform. Will a company have to purchase the entire suite or does SAP provide a way for organizations to buy only the tools which are needed?
No, it is not necessary for a company to buy all the tools that come under the SAP BO platform. The SAP provides the customization packages under which the company can buy only the tools which are needed.
56. We had a ‘dashboard builder’. What is the nomenclature for the same in BO BI 4.0?
It is called ‘BI workspaces’ in BO BI 4.0 platform.
57. If you want to find immediate answers to business questions, which tool would you go with?
We will go with a business objects explorer in this case. It acts like a business object’s search engine. We can search for anything through a keyword search box in the explorer and all the information spaces appear in the result where that particular keyword exists.
58. How the universes created in IDT are made available in BO?
Once the universe is created, we publish the universe using a secured connection and then import the universe in BO to make a report on top of it.
59. With what extension the universes get created in IDT?
In IDT, the universes get created with the “.unx” extension. It is stored in the form of a file.
60. What is the architetcure of sap bods source layer?
61. What is the repository?
The repository is the database in which the information about the users and data is present. It is created and maintained by the general supervisor. It is used to share resources of business objects. It comprises three domains.
Universe domain – It holds all the exported universes and there may be more than one universe domain in the repository.
Document domain – It holds all exported documents, templates, scripts, and lists of values.
Security domain – secured connections are stored in this.
62. What is a Combined Query?
- Obtain a single column name from a multiple objects (Union)
- Obtain data common to two sets of results (Intersect)
- Exclude the results of one query from the results of another (Minus)
Business Objects lets you combine the data returned by up to Eight Queries as one set of results. These combined queries enable you to :
63. Why is webi called a business user tool as well as a designer tool at the same time?
The reason behind this is that a business user can log into web intelligence and view reports and if they want to create simple reports on an ad-hoc basis then that is also possible.
Webi is a very simple tool to use. A business user can open a report from the BO repository and can also generate the report by just selecting the universe, run a query on top of it and get their final report as a result.
64. Which tool is needed for creating a highly formatted reports in SAP BO?
Web Intelligence (Webi), which is a web browser tool that allows users to perform analysis, produce formatted reports and distribute the reports on SAP BO or export them to PDF or Excel. Crystal Reports, which is a data analytics and reporting tool aimed at individual users or small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs).
Get JOB Business Analyst Training for Beginners By MNC Experts
- Instructor-led Sessions
- Real-life Case Studies
65. What is report bursting in SAP BO?
During publishing, data in documents is refreshed against data sources and personalized before a publication is delivered to recipients. This process is known as report bursting.
66. Explain your idea of a universe in bo and its relevance with the assignments you have worked upon?
A universe is a logical layer between backend and a front end of the reporting. It is a metadata layer which isolates the technical complexities of the source system from business user/report developer.
In the universe, the required attributes and measures are picked up from the backend and arranged in a way we want to use them further for reporting. In my project, we used to create an IDT universe on top of calculation views developed in HANA. These IDT universes were further utilized to create BO reports.
67. What is the difference between UDT and IDT?
|The universes which are designed in UDT are UNV universes whereas the universes.||IDT is enhanced and more organized as compared to UDT.|
68. If a business needs highly formatted reports, which tool would you choose?
We would go with ‘SAP crystal reports for enterprise’ in this case as it gives very powerful formatting options.
69. What is the result of a query?
The result of the query is the final report. A report is a business representation of the data.
70. What is Boxi help portal?
71. What Is The Difference Between Lookup (), Lookup_ext () And Lookup_seq ()?
- lookup() : Briefly, It returns single value based on single condition
- lookup_ext(): It returns multiple values based on single/multiple condition(s)
- lookup_seq(): It returns multiple values based on sequence number
72. What Is The Use Of Array Fetch Size?
Array fetch size indicates the number of rows retrieved in a single request to a source database. The default value is 1000. Higher numbers reduce requests, lowering network traffic, and possibly improve performance. The maximum value is 5000
73. What Is The Use Of Auto Correct Load?
It does not allow duplicate data entering into the target table.It works like Type 1 Insert else Update the rows based on Non-matching and matching data respectively.
74. Give Two Examples Of How The Data Cleanse Transform Can Enhance (append) Data?
The Data Cleanse transform can generate name match standards and greetings. It can also assign gender codes and prenames such as Mr. and Mrs.
75. What Are Adapters?
Adapters are additional Java-based programs that can be installed on the job server to provide connectivity to other systems such as Salesforce.com or the JavaMessagingQueue. There is also a SoftwareDevelopment Kit (SDK) to allow customers to create adapters for custom applications.
76. List Factors You Consider When Determining Whether To Run Workflows Or Data Flows Serially Or In Parallel?
Whether or not the flows are independent of each other
Whether or not the server can handle the processing requirements of flows running at the same time (in parallel)
77. What Is a Substitution Parameter?
The Value that is constant in one environment, but may change when a job is migrated to another environment.
78. What Does A Lookup Function Do? How Do The Different Variations Of The Lookup Function Differ?
All lookup functions return one row for each row in the source. They differ in how they choose which of several matching rows to return.
79. What Are Name Match Standards And How Are They Used?
Name match standards illustrate the multiple ways a name can be represented. They are used in the match process to greatly increase match results.
80. What is Boxi Administration architecture?
81. What Is The Use Of Map-operation Transform
The Map-Operation transform allows you to change operation codes on data sets to produce the desired output. Operation codes: INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, NORMAL or DISCARD.
82. What Is The Use Of Case Transform?
Use of the Case transform is to simplify branch logic in data flows by consolidating case or decision-making logic into one transform. The transform allows you to split a data set into smaller sets based on logical branches.
83. What are the bunch of tools available under business objects 4.0 platform?
- Administrator tools
- Business User tools Business user tools are the ones intended for a business user (example –HR manager or a financial manager of any organization) which help them to view and manage business reports to aid them in a decision-making process.
- Data manager tools They are used to design a semantic layer between the designer tool and its source of data.
- Designer tools It provides the facility to design a query based on your reporting requirement
We have the following type of tools under SAP BO BI 4.0:
84. What are the different versions of Business Objects that you have worked on?
- BO XI R1
- BO XI R2
- BO XI R3
- BO XI R3.1
- BO XI R3.2
- In year 2011, BO XI 4.0 was introduced and latest version of the tool is SAP BO 4.2.
85. What are the key differences between Boxi R3 and SAP BO 4.x?
|Bo 4.x is 6 layered architecture as compared to BOXI R3 5 layer architecture.||IDT is introduced to support multiple data sources. Import Wizard is no longer available in BO 4.x|
86. What are the advantages of using Business Objects?
- Graphical Interface
- Dragging and Dropping
- Terms those are familiar in business
- User friendliness
- Powerful reports for short span of time
- Use of documents on basis of an enterprise using Webl
Arrays of advantages are there in making use of Business Objects. These are as follows:
87. List out the various available data resources.
- MS SQL Serve
- IBM DB
You can access the data from a wide range of sources using Business Objects. These are:
88. Explain the role of Slice in Business Objects
Slice works with the detail or master reports. Also, it is used for renaming, resetting and deleting the blocks.
89. What are calculation contexts?
By default, BUSINESSOBJECTS determines the result of a measure based on the dimension or dimensions in the part of the report in which the measure is inserted. These sets of dimensions are called calculation contexts. Calculation contexts are dynamic in BUSINESSOBJECTS.
90. Describe a BI architecture processing tier?
91. What data sources are available?
BUSINESS OBJECTS let you access data from a wide range of sources. You can access data from Relational databases (RDBMS), such as ORACLE, Microsoft SQL Server, Informix and IBM DB2. Multidimensional (OLAP) databases, such as Microsoft OLAP Services, Hyperion Essbase, and ORACLE Express.
Virtually any data source using Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) procedures.
92. What are new in BO 5.1?
- Save business objects documents in Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF)
- Add hyperlinks to reports such as mail addresses and web site addresses.
- These hyperlinks are maintained when you save the report in HTML or PDF
- Zero Administration – Only the business objects client software installed on the windows pc; all middleware is stored and administered on the web intelligence web server and the server side processing is handled by the web intelligence system
93. How do you publish a BO report?
There are two ways of publishing BO reports on website:
Users who have publishing rights for a document can publish that document for other users.
Documents can be published via a scheduler for Business Object known as BCA or Broadcast Agent.
94. What are User Objects? What are the restrictions?
User objects are end-user personal objects that are not shared with other end-users. This is because the user objects are stored locally in a specific user object definition file. If an end-user tries to refresh or edit a query that contains another user’s user object, the user object is automatically removed from the query and report. A user object is stored inside the Universe folder.
95. Did you do metadata reporting in BO?
Metadata reporting of BO is possible. BO provides a separate universe which actually contains repository tables, objects etc. Using this Universe one can do metadata reporting in BO.