50+ Best SAP CS Interview Questions and Answers
Last updated on 17th Nov 2021, Blog, Interview Questions
Looking for the top SAP CS interview questions to prepare for your interview. Go through some of the best SAP CS interview questions with detailed answers before you get ahead. SAP CS to become an Expert in SAP CS and learn all the instructions required to install and configure the server. Therefore, SAP CS professionals need to encounter interview questions on SAP CS for different enterprise SAP CS job roles. The following discussion offers an overview of different categories of interview questions related to SAP CS to help aspiring enterprise SAP CS Professionals.
1. How Can A Planning Version Be Frozen And Unfrozen ?
Planning Version can be frozen and unfrozen using Function Module /SAPCS/TS_PAREA_VERSIO_FREEZE so that no further changes to the planning version can be done.
2. What Is Release Profile ?
Release Profile is used to release time series data from DP to SNP/PPDS. You need to define the DP Planning Area and time series key figure the data in which is released and the SNP Category Type (typically FA) to which data is released. You may maintain a Daily Buckets Profile it will define the number of working days (working days determined based on Shipping Calendar maintained for the location master) starting on and from the From Date if released online/ interactively or that many workdays of the planning horizon when release is carried out in background. The Period Split (blank, 1 and 2) field in the SNP2 tab of location-product master determines how demand plan is released to SNP from DP (how bucketed data is disaggregated to the workdays).
3. What Is The Usage Of Period Factor ?
Period Factor maintained in the SNP PPM or Transportation Lane determines the Availability Date of a Receipt element within a time bucket (period). The system determines the exact availability date/time of the receipt elements within a period, by adding a time interval (that it gets by multiplying the period factor with the period length) to the start time of the period. You can enter a factor between 0 and 1, where 0 is the start of the period, 0.5 the middle, and 1 the end of the period. When calculating the availability date/time, the system takes into consideration all weekdays, meaning that it does not take into consideration any days that have been defined as non-workdays in the calendars.
Period Factor used is .71 = 7×0.71 = 4.97 or 5 days from the optimizer of the weekly bucket resulting in a Friday.
If Period Factor is not maintained in PPM or Transportation Lane then the User Period Factor indicator and the Period Factor value maintained in the Lot Size tab of the location-product combination is used. If this is not maintained a default value of 0.5 is used.
4. What Determines Stock Categories Displayed In Stock On Hand Key Figure ?
The categories defined in Category Group ST1 (can be maintained in table /SAPCS/CSCC) determine the stock categories that are displayed in the Initial bucket in the Stock on Hand key figure. Subsequent buckets are dynamically computed
5. What is a transaction in SAP terminology?
In SAP terminology, a transaction is series of logically connected dialog steps.
6. What Is The Report To Execute Mass ?
The report for executing MassD in background jobs is MOSSBACK.
7. What Is The Shortcut To Change Location Type In Cs ?
Report /SAPCS/CHECK_LOCATION_TYPE can be used to change location type (say from 1001 to 1002 or vice-versa) of existing locations in CS. The table to refer is /SAPCS/LOCMAP. SAP does not recommend this process.
8. How Can A Transaction Be Executed Even When No Authorization ?
SE93 – Transaction code for Transaction Code E.g. CRC1 Create Resource has txn code CRASH. So if you do not have authorization to create resource you can use SE93 and enter txn CRASH and then Test F8 button to go to the txn.
9. How To Copy A Process Chain ?
To copy a process chain to another process chain, goto the Process Chain you want to copy and then type copy in the tool tar and hit enter. It will allow you to copy the Process Chain to another Process Chain that can be modified as per user’s requirement, saved, activated and used.
10. What is service management in sap with customer service module (cs)?
11. What Is The Process To Copy Planning Versions In R/3 ?
Use OLIX to first delete previous MRP planning versions. Then use MCB& to create the new MRP planning versions by choosing the appropriate version you want to create as ICO Version. The info structure in this case is S094.
12. How To Create a Planning Book With Two Tables ?
To use two tables on one screen of the Planning Book/Data View – select the indicator next to the second page title and give the name. Additional tab page is displayed in the Planning Book Maintenance wizard to define the key figures for the second table.
13. What are the activities of an SAP PM?
SAP Plant Maintenance (SAP PM) is a software product that manages all maintenance activities in an organization. Plant Maintenance module consists of key activities to include inspection, notifications, corrective and preventive maintenance, repairs, and other measures to maintain an ideal technical system.
14. Explain what AWB is?
AWB stands for Administrator Workbench. It is a tool for controlling monitoring and maintaining all the processes connected with data staging and processing in the business information warehousing./p>
15. What Is Ppds Fixing Horizon ?
PP/DS fixing Horizon defines the PP/DS time Fence – within that period if heuristic is run no orders get changed.
16. What Is The Reuse Mode In Product Heuristic ?
Reuse mode in Product Heuristic – makes the system to reuse orders already present in the heuristic run i.e. orders are not deleted and recreated.
17. What Is Planning Procedure ?
Planning Procedure in Product Master (PP/DS) defines that when you convert a planned order to process order it is in Deallocated state and not Scheduled state and more.
18. Which Are The Components Of The New Mysap Scm Solution ?
SAP SCM 4.1 is the new available Supply Chain Management Solution offered by SAP. The SAP SCM 4.1 System includes SAP CS 4.1 (Advanced Planning and Optimization), SAP ICH 4.1 (Inventory Collaboration Hub) and SAP EM 4.1 (Event Management).
19. How About The Architecture Of Sap Scm 4.1 ?
SAP SCM 4.1 is based on the SAP Web Application Server 6.40. All SAP SCM 4.1 Architecture Components can be installed on one hardware server, as long as this server is sized for all used application components.
20. Define SAP CS service contract management?
21. What Does Cs Mean ?
SAP CS stands for SAP Advanced Planning and Optimization and is the planning component within the mySAP SCM solution.
22. Can SAP CS Be Used As A Stand-alone Solution ?
No, SAP CS always requires a backend ERP system for execution functions. In most cases, the backend system is an SAP R/3 system.
23. Can SAP CS And Sap R/3 Be Installed On The Same Server And Use The Same Database ?
No, SAP CS requires a separate server. The actual size of the SAP CS system may vary and depends on the data volume to be processed.
24. How Does Sap R/3 Communicate With SAP CS ?
Through the CS Core Interface (CIF) which supplies SAP CS with master and transaction data in real time. CIF is delivered through the R/3 Plug-In, which is something you have to install in your SAP R/3 system. This is the same Plug-In that you need for connecting a BW or a CRM system.
25. What About The Exchange Of Data Between The Two Systems ?
With SAP CS you have a real-time integration to SAP R/3. The minute you change something in one system, it is immediately being transferred to the other and vice versa. And that goes for all data, be it a sales order, a production order or a purchase order. You do not have to perform any batch jobs for transferring data between the systems.
26. What Is An Easy, Cost Efficient Way Of Installing Some Standard SAP CS Scenarios ?
SAP Best Practices for Supply Chain Management. Choose one or more of the mySAP SCM business scenarios that SAP Best Practices for SCM provide.
27. Do I Have To Maintain The Master Data Twice ?
No. You create and change master data exclusively in SAP R/3. If you want to work with SAP CS, you need to transfer the master data from the SAP R/3 system. Depending on the scenario you want to use in SAP CS, you may have to enhance the transferred data with SAP CS specific settings, which are not relevant to SAP R/3.
28. What is an update type concerning a match code ID?ta in DP ?
If the data in one of the base tables of a matchcode ID changes, the matchcode data has to be updated. The update type stipulates when the match-code has to be updated and how it has to be done. The update type also defines which method is to be used for making match-codes.
29. Mention the transaction code used to create a return delivery?
Transaction code is used to create a return delivery is T/C VA01 with standard order type RE, while return delivery is T/C VL01 with return delivery doctype LR
30. Define dms step by step installation in SAP CS?
31. Do dynamic alerts show up in Alert Monitor ?
Dynamic Alerts do not show up in the stand-alone alert monitor. Network alerts are to show pegging relationships.
32. What are variables?
Variables are parameters of a query that are set in the parameter query definition and are not filled with values until the queries are entered into the workbooks.
Report /SAPCS/CHECK_LOCATION_TYPE can be used to change location type (say from 1001 to 1002 or vice-versa) of existing locations in CS. The table to refer is /SAPCS/LOCMAP. SAP does not recommend this process
Learn SAP Customer Service Certification Training Course to Build Your SkillsWeekday / Weekend BatchesSee Batch Details
33. What is SAP CS (Customer Services)?
SAP Customer Services (CS) – a popular SAP ERP tool that offers the basic functionalities to a vast range of customer specific tasks, is considered to be an important extension of the Sales and Distribution (SD) module. In the present competitive scenario, customers like to purchase from organizations/ service providers that have a higher customer satisfaction quotient
34. What determines stock categories displayed in the Stock on Hand key figure ?
The categories defined in Category Group ST1 (can be maintained in table /SAPCS/CSCC) determine the stock categories that are displayed in the Initial bucket in the Stock on Hand key figure. Subsequent buckets are dynamically computed.
35. Mention what are the common transport errors?
The common transport errors include:
Return code 4: Imported with warnings, generation of program, columns or row missing
Return code 8: Imported with a syntax error, Thprogram generation error, dictionary activation error, etc.
Return code 12: Indicates import cancelled due to object missing, object not active, etc.
Return code 18:Indicates import cancelled due to system down while import, user expired during import, and insufficient roles or authorization.
36. Explain what is dispatcher?
A dispatcher is a component that takes the request for client systems and stores the request in the queue.
37. Explain what is meant by “Business Content” in SAP?
Business Content in SAP is a pre-configured and pre-defined model of information contained in the SAP warehouse, which can be used directly or with desired modification in different industries.
38. What is activity type in SAP PM?
SAP activity type is the classification of activities that are produced in cost centers in a controlling area. It is an organization unit within a controlling area. SAP activity types are used to allocate internal activities cost which are incurred by specific cost center.
39. Explain what is an update type with reference to a match code ID?
If the data in one of the base tables of a matchcode ID changes, the matchcode data has to be updated. The update type stipulates when the match-code has to be updated and how it has to be done. The update type also defines which method is to be used for building match-codes.
40. What is the difference between ECC and MVC?
41. Mention what is pooled tables?
Pooled tables are used to store control data. Several pooled tables can be united to form a table pool. Table tool is a solid table on the database in which all the records of the allocated pooled tables are stored.
42. Mention what is the protocol does SAP Gateway process use?
The SAP gateway process uses TCP/IP protocol to communicate with the clients.
43. Mention what are the reason codes used in Account Receivable?
“Reason Codes” are tags that can be allocated to describe under/overpayments during the allocation of incoming customer payments. They should not be mixed up with “void reason codes” used when outgoing cheques are produced.
44. What Is Good Customer Service?
The short definition of customer service is making sure the customer is happy. The longer version is to ensure the customer or client is satisfied with the product or service provided, and with the sales, delivery, installation, use, and other components of the purchasing process.
45. What is customer service?
Interviewers want to see how your definition matches up to the company’s definition of customer service. The goal is to determine whether you meet the standards for optimal customer service as defined by the employer.
46.What does good customer service mean to you?
Interviewers are eager to know what you consider to be quality customer service and how you would provide it to customers. Another variation of this question is, “What is good customer service?” In your answer, be prepared to give specific examples of good customer service, either from your work experience or from your personal experiences as a consumer.
47. What is dip profile in SAP?
The Dynamic Item Processor (DIP) profile defines and controls resource-related quotation and billing for service orders and sales documents. It may be maintained in either the Customer Service or the Sales and Distribution section of the IMG.
48. What is SAP PM CS?
Plant Maintenance and Customer Service (PM/CS)
49. Explain the significance of ODS in BIW?
An ODS Object serves to store consolidated and debugged transaction data on a document level. It defines a consolidated dataset from one or more InfoSources. This dataset can be analyzed with an InfoSet Query or BEx Query. The data of an ODS Object can be updated with a delta update into InfoCubes and other ODS Objects in the same system or across systems. In contrast to multi-dimensional data storage with InfoCubes, the data in ODS Objects is stored in transparent, flat database tables.
50. Define a SAP CS library architecture?
51. What is the SAP SD CS module?
The Customer Service Module is a sub-branch of SD modules for service management which is tightly integrated with various modules like SD/MM/PM/FI/CO/HR/QM/PP in SAP. Customer Service Module with in SAP Core ERP enables to manage a wide range of service scenarios starting from pre-sales, sales and post-sales.
52.What is the full form of sap?
Systems, Applications & Products in Data Processing
53. Why is SAP used?
What is SAP Used For? As one of the world’s leading software systems dedicated toward the management of business processes, SAP facilitates effective data processing and information flow across organizations. SAP connects all parts of a business into an intelligent suite on a fully digital platform.
54. What is SAP example?
SAP means “Systems Applications and Products in data processing”. The SAP Software portfolio offers end to end solutions and covers most of its clients’ business requirements whether it is a financial, operational, human resources or e-commerce concern
55.How does SAP work?
The application tier is basically the heart of the SAP ERP system. It executes the business logic, responsible for processing client transactions, print jobs, running reports, coordinating access to the database, and interfacing with other applications
56.What does ERP stand for in SAP?
Enterprise resource planningERP stands for “enterprise resource planning.” ERP software includes programs for all core business areas, such as procurement, production, materials management, sales, marketing, finance, and human resources (HR).
57. How many types of SAP are there?
There are 2 Types of SAP ERP system Modules: Functional Modules and Technical Modules. All SAP Modules integrate with each other with functionality and provide the best solution for a Business.
58. What is SAP Sales and Distribution?
SAP Sales and Distribution is one of key components of SAP ERP system and is used to manage shipping, billing, selling and transportation of products and services in an organization.
59. What do you understand about Organization structure in SAP Sales and Distribution?
SAP SD organization structure majorly consists of two steps: Creation of Organization elements in SAP system and second is to link each element as per requirement. On top of the organization structure in the SD module, the sales organization is at the highest level and is responsible for distribution of goods and services.
60. What is the mobile architecture for SAP CS?
61. Explain what the .sca files and mention their importance?
.sca stands for SAP component Archive. It is used to deploy the Java components, patches and other java developments in the form of .sca,.sda,.war and .jar.
62. Why do you choose to implement SAP?
There are many technical reasons numbers of companies are planning to implement SAP. It’s highly configurable, highly secure data handling, min data redundancy, max data consistency; you can capitalize on the economics of sales like purchasing, tight integration-cross function.
63. What do you mean by one-time vendors?
In specific industries, it is not possible to create new master records for every vendor trading partner. One-time vendor enables for a dummy vendor code to be used on invoice entry, and the information that is generally stored in the vendor master is keyed on the invoice itself.
64. Give Explanation of SET parameters and GET parameters?
To use parameter IDs, you need to “set” values in the global memory area and then “get” values from this parameter ID memory area. In the case of the online program, you have to “Set” values from screen fields, and you will “get” these values for screen fields.
65. What is WF? Explain its importance?
Business Work Flow: Tool for automatic control and execution of cross-application processes. This involves coordinating the persons involved, the work steps required, the data, which needs to be processed (business objects). The main advantage is a reduction in throughput times and the costs contain in managing business processes. Its use enhances transparency and quality.
Get JOB SAP Customer Service Training for Beginners By MNC Experts
- Instructor-led Sessions
- Real-life Case Studies
66. How Can A Planning Version Be Frozen And Unfrozen?
Pooled tables are used to store control data. A number of pooled tables can be united to form a table pool. Table tool is a physical table on the database in which all the records of the allocated pooled tables are stored.
67. What is a CS module?
The Customer Service Module is a sub-branch of SD module for service management which is tightly integrated with various modules like SD/MM/PM/FI/CO/HR/QM/PP in SAP.
68. Explain what a company in SAP is?
The company in SAP is the highest organizational unit for which financial statements like profit and loss statements, balance sheets can be drawn according to the requirement of organizations. A single company contains one or many company codes. All the company codes in SAP must use same COA (chart of accounts) and fiscal year.
69. What does SAP CS do?
A SAP CS is responsible for maintaining and auditing the company’s tax returns, keeping records, advising the board of directors regarding the financial health of the company and ensuring that the company complies with legal and statutory regulations.
70. Explore SAP CS commerce cloud?
71. What is Customer Service Management Solutions?
We can show you how to leverage your SAP investment to develop innovative, valuable solutions for your Service business. Our deep vertical experience in customer service in SAP allows us to propose tailored Solution Architecture in a very short amount of time and to plan and run your SAP Customer Service project jointly.
72. What does SAP CS offer?
How can companies optimally organize their customer service, reduce costs, and increase customer satisfaction? In principle, the digitization potential in service and maintenance is very large. Why it is comparatively easy to achieve a quick return on investment (ROI). With the CS (Customer Services) module, SAP offers comprehensive software that digitally covers the entire value chain in the service area. With these tools, companies can improve their customer service by covering the company’s existing organizational structures and the service employees handling all service processes digitally.
73. What are the features of sap?
- Structuring and maintenance of the installed base using technical objects
- Warranties, management
- Call management, using service notifications, service orders and sales orders
- Call monitoring with response and service times
- Link between installed base and business partners
This function comprises:
74. What is Master Data in SAP CS ?
- Material Master
- Condition Master (prices, surcharges, Taxes etc.)
- Equipment Master: Material No. + Serial No. + Warranty
- Serial Number: Unique number or I.D given to a product
- Warranty Master
- Installed Base: Represents customer
- Functional Location: Represents the location where machine is installed
- Work Center : Represents Department in the company
- Cost Center : Represents Technician or Mechanic
- Activity : Activity represents the work or repair or service which is done by the cost center.
- Activity Pricing: Activity Pricing is the pricing/cost/charge of the service done by the cost center.
Customer Master (Business Partner)
75. What is function of maintenance activity type in SAP PM?
The Maintenance Activity Types allow you to define the level of detail of your maintenance tasks. This can be from the point of view of task processing or of view of cost follow-up for the maintenance history. The maintenance activity types are stored in the header of each maintenance order.
76. What is the integration of SAP CS?
- PM Structuring Technical Systems for information on structuring and managing technical objects
- FI-AA Asset Accounting – User Guide for information on managing serviceable items as tangible assets
- MM – Services Management for information on service records
- PM – Maintenance Notifications for information on maintenance notification functionality
- PM – Maintenance Orders for information on maintenance order functionality
- SD – Sales, Sales Order Processing for information on managing and billing sales orders and service contracts.
- PS – Project System for information on using projects
For information on other service-related functions, refer to the following documentation:
77. What is the purpose of SAP CS?
- Structure and manage technical objects for which services should be performed (for example, technical systems, machines)
- Manage data for warranties and business partners
- Create service requests
- Plan and execute requested services
- Bill the costs that arise as a result of the services being executed
- Monitor call processing in order to keep to deadlines and agreed response times
This component supports you when representing, managing and processing all services that you provide to your customers. You can:
78. What is Customer Service Management Consulting?
- Field Service
- Customer call management
- Installed base management, field technician trunk stock for spares, loaners, samples, other
- Preventative field service visits
- Contract management
- Contractual services entitlements, free periodic inspections
- Plan technicians on jobs and locations
- Optimize resource allocation
- Execute work on-site, capture visit report, update installed base, return material to inventory
- Return units to depot for inspection or refurbishment
- Loaner from trunk stock usage
- Depot Repair with its sub-processes
- Customer unit repair
- Advanced or forward exchange
- Loaner Management
- Loaner and other pools
- Advance loaner to customer at the start of a repair process. And request loaner return towards end of customer repair, synchronized with logistics supply chain, shipments and warehouse management
- Subsequent billing
- Asset depreciation
Major business processes in Service:
79. What is SAP CS?
Full form of SAP CS stands for (Customer Services), a popular SAP ERP tool that offers the basic functionalities to a vast range of customer specific tasks, and is considered to be an important extension of the SAP Sales and Distribution (SD) module.
80. Define SAP CS modulo?
81. Mention what are the two places where you need to configure CIN (Country Version India)?
The two places where you have to configure CIN is Financial Accounting > Tax on sale and purchase, and other is Logistic General -> Tax on Goods Movement
82. What are activity types in Primavera?
Four types of activity duration types can be defined in Primavera P6. They include 1) Fixed Duration & Units, 2) Fixed Duration & Units/Time, 3) Fixed Units, and 4) Fixed Units/Time
83. Is SAP A Database?
NO. SAP is not a database, but it’s an application that makes use of databases provided by other vendors like Oracle, SQL Server, etc.
84. Explain what is SAP Posting Period? What is the transaction code to open and close posting period?
SAP posting period is to make sure that posting period for the business sales order is aligned with financial posting date, which means when financial accounting is ready for closing and proceed with the payment.
85. How Can A Transaction Be Executed Even When No Authorization ?
SE93 – Transaction code for Transaction Code E.g. CRC1 Create Resource has txn code CRASH. So if you do not have authorization to create a resource you can use SE93 and enter txn CRASH and then Test F8 button to go to the txn.
86. Can we run a business warehouse without SAP R/3 implementation?
Yes, you can run a business warehouse without R/3 implementation. You have to simply transfer structures associated with business warehouse data sources (ODS table, Infocube) to the inbound data files or use third-party tools to connect your flat files and other data sources.
87. Mention what do you mean by datasets?
The data sets are sequential files processed on the application server. They are used for file handling in SAP.
88. What are the variables?
Variables are parameters of a query set in the parameter query definition and are not filled with values until the queries are entered into the workbooks.
89. What Is Master Data In Dp?
Master Data in Demand Planning primarily is Characteristic Value Combinations commonly termed CVCs. CVCs are the planning combinations against which data is stored in key figures.
90. What is an image for sap documentation management?
91. What Is The Behaviour Of Procurement Type X?
Procurement Type X – source selection is based on matching due date then priority than cost. If both In-house Production and External Procurement is possible then In-house Production (PPM) is chosen as a source of supply.
92. Mention what is AWB?
AWB stands for Administrator Workbench. It is a tool for monitoring, controlling, and maintaining all the processes connected with data staging and processing in the business information warehousing.
93. Explain what is Bex?
Bex means Business Explorer. It allows the end-user to locate reports, analyze information, view reports, and can execute queries. The queries in the workbook can be saved to their respective roles in the Bex browser. It has the following components Bex analyzer, Bex Map, and Bex web.