SAP Adobe Forms Interview Questions and Answers [SCENARIO-BASED ]
Last updated on 12th Nov 2021, Blog, Interview Questions
SAP Adobe Forms Professionals and expert trainers from ACTE systems are providing you with the important questions and answers that might be asked when you face an SAP Adobe Forms Interview. These questions and answers will help you in the preparation of the interview. Questions are relevant to SAP Adobe Forms and its applications. The following list includes the best important SAP Adobe Forms questions for freshers as well as SAP Adobe Forms questions and answers for experienced candidates to help them prepare for the interview. This complete guide of SAP Adobe Forms interview questions will encourage you to crack your Job interview easily.
1. What is SAP Adobe Forms?
PDF stands for Portable Document Format. Definition: It is a Universal file format developed by Adobe that preserves all the fonts, formatting, graphics, and color of any source document, regardless of the application and platform used to create it.
2. What are components of SAP Script?
Layout Set, Form, Print Program, Function Modules
3. What are components of a Layout Set?
Header Data, Page,Page Windows, Windows, Paragraph Format, Character Format.
4. What are SAP Smart Forms?
SAP Smart Forms is used to create and maintain forms for mass printing in SAP Systems.As output medium SAP Smart Forms support a printer, a fax, e-mail, or the Internet (by using the generated XML output). SAP introduced SmartForms in 1998 to overcome the limitations in SAP Scripts
5. What Is The Difference Between A ‘Database Index’ And A ‘Match Code’?
|Database Index’ contains fields from one table.||Match Code Contains fields from several tables. Match code objects can be built on cluster tables, transparent tables and pooled tables.|
6. What is an interactive form?
An interactive form is a data-gathering window containing multiple questions that interactively change based on user input. In other words, a user’s response to one question may cause one or more additional questions to be added to the window.
7. How to display a logo dynamically in the SAP Adobe Formss?
To display a logo dynamically, we will have to upload it first into SAP using transaction SE78. This transaction will store this logo internally into a table “stxbitmaps”.After uploading the logo we will have to create an interface and we will define two global variables there. Let’s say V1 type XSTRING and V2 type STRING (default value ‘image\bmp’). In the Code initialization section we will have to write a simple query to fetch the logo from the table above by providing the log name. Then we will have to call a method cl_ssf_xsf_utilities=>get_bds_graphic_as_bmp and pass on tdobject, tdname, did and td data fetched from the query. This method is going to return a XSTRING type variable which we will move to the global variable V1 defined already.
After this step we have to create a Form and assign the interface created above to it. In the right side pane under the context tab, we have to create a graphic node. Select the graphic node and in the properties section make the Graphic Type as Graphic Content. Save it and drag V1 (from the left pane under the Global Data node) to the Field property of the Graphic and V2 (from the left pane under the Global Data node) to the MIME Type property of the form. Under the Layout tab create an image field and bind it with a graphic node created. Save and activate. Execute the form. This will display an image dynamically.
8. What needs to be done to convert the static text in the form layout to a different language?
- Go to transaction code SFP.
- Enter your form name and hit display.
- Now go to menu Goto -> Translation.
- Give Original Language as EN and Target Language as whatever language you want to convert the static text into and hit enter.
- You will find two objects TLGS and PDFB.
- Double click on the form under the PDFB tag.
- Go to menu Utilities -> Expand Tags.
- You will find vertically cascaded windows for source text and target text.
- Under the target text press copy source text button. This will copy everything defined as static text in the layout to target text.
- Now here we can convert the text into the respective language.
- Once done, save and activate the changes.
- Come out and execute the form in whatever language you want. Make sure to input the language in the LA field of /1BCDWB/DOCPARAMS input table.
- Execute and see the output.
9. What Is a Lock Object?
To synchronize access of several users using same data Lock objects are used.
10. What is smart form architecture?
11. What Are The Types Of Subroutines?
Internal Subroutines: The source code of the internal subroutines will be in the same ABAP/4 program as the calling procedure (internal call). External Subroutines: The source code of the external subroutines will be in an ABAP/4 program other than the calling procedure.
12. How to create a form object?
- Creating a Form Object
- Creating a Form Object in the Repository Browser.
- You are in the Repository Browser of the ABAP Workbench.
- Select a package.
To create a form interface, proceed as follows:1.In the context menu of the package, choose
- Create -> Form Object -> Interface.
To create a form with a context and layout, proceed as follows:1.In the context menu of the package, choose
- Create -> Form Object -> Form.
13. List the components involved in creation of SAP Adobe Formss.
The components involved in creation of SAP Adobe Formss are Layout, Context and Interface.
14. Can we use the same interface in multiple SAP Adobe Formss?
Yes, we can use the same interface in multiple SAP Adobe Formss.
15. What are the Scripting languages available in SAP Adobe Formss?
16. Which type of data processing is supported in PDF forms?
Client side data processing is supported in PDF forms.
17. What are the advantages of SAP Adobe Formss?
- Flexible tool for designing the form(WYSIWYG Editor)
- Graphics can be included in the form directly. No conversion is required.
- Different page orientation like in smartforms. Existing PDF or word document can be imported
- Barcodes can be printed on all printers of types Postscript, PCL, PDF, or Zebra.
- Forms are regular repository objects and have version management.
- Forms can be integrated in the browser based environment and made interactive.
18. What is smartform?
Smart Forms are printing forms used to print Invoice and purchase order forms etc. We are calling smartforms from ABAP programs then spools are generated, now smartform ready to be printed.
SMARTFORMS is the transaction to design the smart form layout.
SMARTSTYLES are used to define paragraph and character formats (fonts, barcodes, etc.)
19. How can you make the Smartforms to choose a printer name by default?
In the CALL FUNCTION of the Smartform Function Module, set the output options parameter to set the printer name.
The output option is of the type SSFCOMPOP which contains the field TDDEST. Set the TDDEST field to your default printer name.
20. What is SAP Adobe Forms architecture?
21. Where can I provide the input parameters to the smartform?
The input parameters for the smartform can be defined in Global Settings->Form Interface. The Associated Type must be defined in the ABAP Dictionary.
22. How are conditions used in the SAP Adobe Formss?
- Suppose you want to display a particular text module in case the language you pass is EN in the input parameter. For this follow the steps below
- Go to transaction SFP and create a form.
- In the context tab, create a Text and assign a Text Module to it (created under smartforms transaction) under its properties.
- Click on the conditions button and add a row using + button. Give the Import parameter name as EX_LANGU (language parameter in my example) under first OPERAND and ‘EN’ under second OPERAND.
- SAP SAP Adobe Formss
- Save and activate the form.
- Execute it by passing EN as a language parameter. This time the text module will be displayed. If you execute it by passing FR as a language parameter, the text module won’t display on the form output this time.
23. Types of Form layout
Live Cycle Designer offers two types of form layout techniques for you to work with:
Static layout : These forms have fixed layouts. When presented to the end user, the form retains its original layout, regardless of the amount of data available to fill the form.
Dynamic layout : A form with a dynamic layout is designed to expand or shrink according to the amount of data available to fill it.
24. What’s in a form design?
The following key components make up a form design:1.Master pages 2.Body pages 3.Content areas 4.Subforms 5.Fields 6.Boilerplate objects
25. What are master pages in form design?
Every form design contains at least one master page that Live Cycle Designer creates automatically. Master pages define the orientation and dimensions of body pages. Master pages are responsible for formatting body pages. Provide a background and layout format for more than one of the body pages in a form design. Each master page is created with a default content area that covers the whole page.
26. What are body pages in form design?
- Body pages represent the pages of a form.
- Each body page derives its page size and orientation from a master page.
- Each body page is associated with the default master page that LiveCycle Designer creates.
- You can choose which master page to assign to a body page.
27. What are subforms in form design?
- Subforms are container objects that you can use to group form design objects including: fields,address,images etc.
- A subform provides anchoring, layout, and geometry management for objects.
- You can also configure subform objects to be repeatable.
28. What are the uses of Form Interface?
In the form interface, you specify the data that is exchanged with the application program (such as tables, structures, work areas).
Under Global Definitions, you define your own fields, variables etc.
The system fields contain data with a predefined meaning (such as the date).
29. What are the Prerequisites to learn SAP SAP Adobe Formss?
No knowledge or experience is required to learn SAP SAP Adobe Formss, but the basic knowledge of SAP adds an advantage to learn SAP Adobe Formss.
30. What is SAP Adobe Forms connectivity?
31. How information is allocated in a bunch table?
A bunch of tables contains information from numerous DDIC tables. It stores data as name esteem combined.
32. What are the sorts of Subroutines?
1. Interior Subroutines: The source code of the inner subroutines will be in the same ABAP/4 program as the calling method (inward call).
2. Outside Subroutines: The source code of the outer subroutines will be in an ABAP/4 program other than the calling strategy.
33. Are SAPScript client dependent or independent?
Standard scripts are client independent
User defined scripts are client dependent.
Learn SAP Adobe Forms Certification Training Course to Build Your SkillsWeekday / Weekend BatchesSee Batch Details
34. How do I create an SAP Adobe Forms?
- To create fillable PDF files:
- Open Acrobat:
- Click on the “Tools” tab and select “Prepare Form.”
- Select a file or scan a document:
- Acrobat will automatically analyze your document and add form fields.
- Add new form fields:
- Use the top toolbar and adjust the layout using tools in the right pane.
- Save your fillable PDF:
- You can also share it with others or click Distribute to collect responses automatically.
35. What is a function group?
A function group is a program that contains function modules.Each function group is identified by a four-character identifier called a function group ID.
36. Which are the components of function group?
- A main program.
- A top include.
- A UXX include.
- A function module include.
37. What is MVC in WebDynpro ABAP?
- Basically WebDynpro follows MVC M-Model(Business logic ) V-View(Screen) C-Controller( Controls screen and Model)
38. What is the context in WebDynpro ABAP?
Context is a temporary place which stores data in the form of nodes and attributes.
39. What Is Sap Style Maintenance?
SAP style maintenance is a collection of character & paragraph format.
40. What is Adobe document service for form processing?
41. How Can You Format The Data Before Write Statement In The Report?
By using the loop event the reports output can be formatted:
42. How to bind a static text box with a dynamic field coming from a table as an input?
For example you want to display
First Name : Scott
where First Name is a static text which you have already added in the form layout and Scott is the name of the person you want to pick from a table as per whatever conditions you have written in your code in the driver program. For this scenario, follow the steps:
In the form layout drag a text-field from the library to the design window.
On the layout tab of the properties window (for the selected text-field), select position as left and reserve as 1in.
Then on the field tab under the object tab, put caption as First Name and appearance as Sunken Box as shown.
Then in the binding tab under the object tab select the data binding and bind it with the respective field.
Save and activate and get the result.
When you have used a text instead of text-field then, right click on text and select edit text. Write First Name: and then again right click and select Floating field. Select the object property of that floating field and click on the binding tab and define the binding with whatever field you want to put in there.
43. What are the components of the SAP Script?
Layout Set, Form, Print Program, Function Modules.
44.What are the components of the Layout Set?
Header Data, Page, Page Windows, Windows, Paragraph Format, Character Format.
45. How will I create standard text? How will you insert standard text in SAP Script?
Transaction code for creating standard text is SO10. In SE 71 goto, main menu ->insert ->standard text or by using control command “Include Name [Object o] [ ID i] [ Language L ] [Paragraph p ]” Where: Name denotes the name of standard text that you have given Rest all are optional parameters.
46. Which are the function modules used in a print program?
47. Give the types of symbols used in SAP Script?
48. Name some of the control commands?
49. How do you insert conditional & unconditional page breaks during text formatting?
We can insert conditional page breaks by using the control command -> Protect…And protect. And Unconditional page breaks-> New-page.
50. What is adobe document service?
51. How do you upload the logo in SAP script?
We can upload a logo using the program RSTXLDMC or using transaction code SE78.
52. Name the ABAP/4 Modularization techniques.
- Source code modularization.
53. What are the different types of parameters?
Formal Parameters: Parameters, which are defined during the definition of subroutine with the FORM statement. Actual Parameters: Parameters that are specified during the call of a subroutine with the PERFORM statement.
54. What are the different methods of passing data?
Calling by reference: a subroutine call, only the address of the actual parameter is transferred to the formal parameters. The formal parameter has no memory of its own, and we work with the field of the calling program within the subroutine. If we change the formal parameter, the field contents in the calling program also change.
Calling by value: During a subroutine call, the formal parameters are created as copies of the actual parameters. The formal parameters have a memory of their own. Changes to the formal parameters have no effect on the actual parameters.
Call by value and result: Similar to pass by value, but the contents of new memory are copied back into the original memory before returning.
55. What is the difference between the function module and the external subroutine?
The table work area is not shared between the function module and the calling program. Whereas subroutines use the same work area. We can leave a function module using the Raise statement. Whereas check, exit or stop are used to leave a subroutine. Function module has a special interface to define parameters. Whereas subroutine doesn’t have.
56. Which are the components of the function group?
- A top include.
- A UXX include.
- A function module includes.
The main program.
57. What is cardinality in WebDynpro ABAP?
Cardinality is a property that specifies how many records can be stored in a node.
58. What is the context in WebDynpro ABAP?
A context is a temporary place that stores data in the form of nodes and attributes.
59. What are the controllers available in WebDynpro ABAP and explain?
- View Controller.
- Window Controller.
- Component Controller.
- Interface Controller.
- Custom Controller.
60. What is the visual SAP Adobe Forms?
61. What is the purpose of “wd_This” in web Dynpro ABAP?
wd_this is the instance on the current controller, all methods and attributes in that controller can be accessed by using this instance.
62. What is MVC Architecture? explain?
Web Dynpro ABAP follows MVC (Model View Controller) Architecture.
M – Modal – actual business logic ex: calling Function modules, class methods etc.
V – View – View is nothing but a screen with UI elements that hold data.
C – Controller – This is responsible for communication between modal and view.
The main advantage of MVC is for better readability and re-usability.
63. What are the different database Integrities?
- Semantic Integrity
- Relational Integrity
- Primary Key Integrity
- Value Set Integrity
- Foreign Key Integrity
- Operational Integrity
64. How information is allocated in the bunch table?
A bunch of tables contains information from numerous DDIC tables. It stores data as name esteem combine.
65. What are the unique kinds of parameters?
1. Formal Parameters: Parameters, which are characterized amid the meaning of subroutine with the FORM explanation.
2. Genuine Parameters: Parameters that are determined amid the call of a subroutine with the PERFORM articulation.
Get JOB Oriented WebMethods Training for Beginners By MNC Experts
- Instructor-led Sessions
- Real-life Case Studies
66. Define SAP style in support
SAP style upkeep is a gathering of character and passage arrangement.
67. In what manner will make standard content? In what way will you embed standard content in SAP Script?
The exchange code for making standard content is SO10. In SE 71 go to, first menu – >insert – >standard material or by utilizing control charge “Incorporate Name [Object o] [ID i] [LanguageL] [Paragraph]” Where: Name indicates the name of the standard content that you gave Rest of them are the elective parameters.
68. Give the kinds of images utilized as a part of SAP Script.
- Framework Symbol.
- Program Symbol.
- Standard Symbol.
- Content Symbol.
The kind, so image utilized as a part6 of the SAP scripts are:
69. How would you embed contingent and good page breaks amid content designing?
We can embed restrictive page breaks by utilizing control order – > Protect… And protect. Furthermore, the Unconditional page breaks-> New-page.
70. What are smart SAP Adobe Forms?
71. How would you transfer the logo to SAP content?
We can transfer the logo utilizing the program RSTXLDMC or utilizing exchange code SE78.
72. Separate between Page1 and Page2 arrange.
Page1 organize: In this, all pages have a similar configuration.
Page2 organize: In this, there is variety in page arrange, i.e., to begin with, the page has an unexpected arrangement in comparison to the second page.
73. Name the ABAP/4 Modularization systems.
- Source code modularization
The ABAP/4 modularization systems are:
74. Separate between Character design and Paragraph arrange.
Section design is utilized for organizing a passage; we can include tabs in this. We can use character arrangement in passage organization. Character design is being used for allotting different characteristics of textual style (estimate, type, active).
75. What are the several techniques for passing information?
Calling by orientation: During a subroutine demand, just the report of the real parameter is exchanged to the recognized settings. The formal setting has no reminiscence of its individual, and we labor with the arena of the vocation program to secret the subroutine. On the off chance that we alter the formal structure, the field substance in the vocation program likewise fluctuates.
Calling by esteem: During a subroutine request, the formal limits are made as replacements of the specific parameters. The official settings have a memory. Vicissitudes to the default parameters have no impact on the real parameters.
Call by esteem and consequence: Alike to go by esteem. However, the substance of the new reminiscence is replicated again into the first memory before recurring.
76. What are parts of SAP Script?
Design Set, Form, Print Program, Function Modules.
77. Are SAP Scripts customers needy or free?
Standard contents are customer free Client characterized substances are customer subordinate.
78. What is a bolt action?
To synchronize access to a few clients utilizing the same information Lock objects are being used.
79. What is the contrast between the capacity module and the outside subroutine?
Table work territories are not joined between the capacity module and vocation program while subroutine utilizes the divided same work zone. We can leave a volume module using the Elevation statement, whereas checkered, exit, or stops are used to issue a subroutine. The capacity module has an excellent interface to characterize strictures, whereas subroutine doesn’t have.
80. What is SAP Adobe Forms in smartForm?
81. What are the diverse print modes utilized as a part of SAP Script and clarify?
S – The page is imprinted in simplex format. That is, the printer must print on a single side of the paper. On the off chance that another method was beforehand dynamic, at that point the printer is changed to a simplex mode with the beginning of the page.
D – The page is imprinted on the primary side of a sheet in duplex mode. On the off chance that another method was beforehand dynamic, at that point the printer is changed to a duplex mode with the beginning of the page and proceeds in this mode.
T – The page is imprinted on the primary side of a sheet in tumble duplex mode. That is the printer prints on the two sides. The page on the second side is continuously modified, with the goal that the footer of the second page is printed inverse to the header of the primary page.
82. Which type of data processing is supported in interactive Adobe forms?
Acrobat and Adobe Reader support client-side data exchange processing for interactive PDF forms. Server-side data processing, such as dynamic rendering and redisplay of forms at run time, is available through Forms.
83. What is SAP ABAP?
SAP is a sort of programming called Enterprise Resource Planning or ERP that a substantial organization uses to take care of their daily issues. Advanced Business Application Programming or ABAP is the coding dialect for SAP. It is used to build Reports, Interfaces, Extensions, Forms, and Workflows or in short RICEFW objects.
84. What is an ABAP information wordreference?
To depict the legal structures of the things used within the utilization improvement ABAP 4 information lexicon is used. It is additionally utilized to explain the primary social database in the form of tables.
85.Clarify the distinction between pool tables and straightforward tables.
Straightforward tables: It has a balanced connection with the slab in the file. Its structure relates to a single file field.
Pooled slabs: It has numerous to one connection with the slab in the database. Shared schedules are put away at the database level.
Essential List: For straightforward reports
Measurements: For Fraction, Average and so on.
Positioned List: For diagnostic reports
86. Define cardinality in the WebDynpro ABAP?
Cardinality is the property that designates what number of annals can be put away in a hub.
87.Define MVC in the WebDynpro ABAP?
Essentially WebDynpro takes after MVC M-Model (Commercial rationale) V-View (Screen) C-Controller (Controls screen and Model)
88. Define a setting in WebDynpro ABAP?
The setting is an impermanent place that stores information as hubs and properties.
89. What is the motivation behind “wd_This” in web Dynpro ABAP?
wd_This: is the occasion on the current controller, all techniques and qualities in it can be gotten to by utilizing this case.
90. What are SAP adobe discovery forms?
91. Define internal tables?
The inner table exists unbiased when the database is run. It is exploited for execution schedule figuring on a subset of file tables and also for re-arranging the substance of database slabs according to the clients requirements.
92. Differentiate between ABAP and Web Dynpro ABAP applications?
ABAP applications are customary GUI applications that keep running on SAP GUI. Web Dynpro applications are SAP electronic applications that keep running on the web program.
93. What is Batch Data Communications or BDC programming?
It is a programming strategy to exchange extensive or outdoor information into SAP outline. ‘Line document’ is the focal segment of the conversation, which becomes the information through group input projects and assemblies that are connected to ‘sessions.’