AngularJS Vs JQuery: What are the Differences?
Last updated on 28th Jun 2020, Blog, General
AngularJS and jQuery are terms used simultaneously when we consider the development of websites, especially front-end website development. Web developers find jQuery as the finest thing having a low entry barrier. jQuery is the best platform to deal with DOM elements. It works well with IE and has the assistance of AJAX. There is no question in the fact that jQuery is excellent in many aspects, but while deploying bigger applications it loses the independent nature. Web developers will feel a lag in many things that jQuery fails to handle alone. Here comes the need to Hire an AngularJS Developer of excellent quality. Both these platforms have their foundation stone laid at the very heart of Java. Still, Angular.js is advanced and distinct from jQuery in many facets.
The basic difference between Angular and jQuery is simple: Angular.js is a framework and jQuery is a library. jQuery can be plugged into Java projects according to the use of web developers. It can be used completely or partially. jQuery basically serves as an accompaniment to your project. Whereas, AngularJS happens to be a comprehensive framework modeled on MVC structure. It has a model, view, and controller. For working with AngularJS , web developers will have to follow certain rules and regulations that cannot be violated at any point. It does not mean that angular.js is not extensible. Adding AngularJS with an existing project is possible, but programmers will have to keep the structure closely in their mind to avoid complex situations in the long run.
What Features Equip AngularJS to Maintain an edge over jQuery?
- jQuery comprises of thousands of plugins. At times programmers while doing big projects often forget that which plugin is used, and which is not used. If you are using a jQuery plugin in an AngularJS project try to use it as mentioned in the AngularJS guidelines. Angular has jqLite which adds to its independent nature. Programmers can use jqLite and skip many of the jQuery plugins.
- Most essential feature which AngularJS offers to developers is the Single Page Application(SPA). In jQuery, developers include all the programming codes at once, but Angular.js offers more easy ways to load templates with the aid of HTTP requests. Single Page Applications are modular, easy to control and have less maintenance. Developers can easily debug or update these applications. For creating each view of an application, an AngularJS development company has to develop a controller, module, CSS file and HTML template.
- Another astonishing feature which Angular.js provide to the webmasters is the two-way data binding process. DOM serves as the data model in the jQuery. So making changes is a little bit difficult. Angular makes use of a two-way data binding structure which works with data coming in the form of HTTP requests. HTTP requests are easy to make changes. In comparison, jQuery has $(#data).render() which is a difficult format to identify the path of data. HTTP requests make Angular.js flexible, and data independent.
- Angular.js comprises of diverse features that you may not find in jQuery such as custom markup, reusable components, REST-friendliness, dynamic page linking setup, form validation, server communication, localization, dependency injection, and a full testing environment.
Angular vs JQuery Comparison Table
Following is the set of point describe the comparison between Angular vs JQuery
Learn From Best JQuery Training from Expert Trainers
- Instructor-led Sessions
- Real-life Case Studies
|Release date||26th August 2006(current version 3.3.1) as of Jan 20th, 2018)||
Angular’s latest version (6.0) has got a stable release date of 3rd May 2018.
|Learning Curve||Easy to learn and understand||Tough to understand|
jquery provides a consistent DOM API which is consistent across all supported browsers
Angular is bi-directional which means UI fields are bound to model data dynamically in such a way that whenever the UI field changes, the model data changes with it and vice-versa.
For Angular, components are the building blocks for UI in the application; it’s a hierarchy of components. These components have a template and only one component can be instantiated per element in the template.
- The conclusion always is the challenging part as it has some objectives for its reader. In this Angular and JQuery article, we have seen two words i.e. FRAMEWORK and LIBRARY many times. So let’s discuss what exactly these Angular and JQuery terminology means.
- FRAMEWORK – has a rule-based on which it is made, but here a user can customize the things inside it as per his need. He can manipulate it by adding or deleting things. Eg. Bootstrap is a framework.
- LIBRAY – is a collection of behavior written in a specific language? It is used to execute functions (or perform results). Eg. Jquery, Curl is a library.
- Let’s take a scenario to describe what exactly are FRAMEWORK and LIBRARY. Here we can say that “who calls whom”. In the Framework code, it’s the code that calls the library but in your code, it’s the code that calls the library. Here the Library is the callee and the code (framework or your code) is the caller. The same way a client makes a call to the server and server revert back to the client with the needed information.
- Jquery is the best option when you require a flexible website. Angular offers everything that you need to develop your client’s application and it’s important to choose when your intention is SPA’s. If you are planning to get the best quality website that can attract your client with this single page application than you can opt for Angular.
- However, there always remains a constant jostle between jquery and Angular. But it all depends upon your objectives and the clients need.