Why And How To Pursue a Career In AWS?
Last updated on 15th Jul 2020, Blog, General
AWS has played an increasingly important role in the cloud services industry and has become an important revenue earner for Amazon. In 2013, AWS earned revenues of just over 3 billion U.S. dollars, a number which has since ballooned and sits at over 25 billion U.S. dollars as of 2018. This is definitely the right time to dive in and start a career in AWS. In this article, we will discuss about aws certifications and how it is going to boost your career in the following sequence:
- AWS Certification
- Career Opportunities
- AWS Job Roles & Salaries
AWS Certification- What, Why & How?
Larger enterprises that need specific cloud-based skills are usually committed to solutions from specific service providers like AWS. These enterprises have a variety of skills that get updated from time to time. Thus, it is important to keep yourself updated to boost your career in AWS and AWS Certification will add an extra point to your resume. So, what is this AWS Certification and what are you going to learn from it?
What Is The Objective Of AWS Certification?
- The AWS Certification is curated as per the industry requirements and demands. It helps you effectively deploy secure and robust applications on AWS. Also, it helps you identify the appropriate AWS service based on data, compute or security requirements.
On completion of the AWS Certification training, you will be able to:
- Design and deploy scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems on AWS
- Efficiently handle Ingress and Egress data to and from AWS
- Identify the appropriate AWS service based on data, compute, database, or security requirements
- Identify the appropriate usage of AWS architectural best practices
- Estimate AWS pricing and identify cost control mechanisms
Why Should You Go For AWS Certification Training?
- AWS is leading the pack in cloud computing. Whether you are a web developer, database or system admin, Big data analyst or IoT developer chances are you have used the service. The AWS Certification helps you pursue career paths like AWS Solutions Architect, AWS Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Cloud Architect among others.
- In order to avail these opportunities, you need structured AWS training with an updated curriculum as per current industry requirements and best practices. Apart from strong theoretical understanding, you need to work on various real-life projects and work on different services for storage, computing, etc.
- Additionally, you need the advice of an expert who is currently working in the industry and tackling real-life challenges.
How Will AWS Certification Help Your Career?
AWS Certification will boost your career because:
- Amazon Web Services (CSA) certification is rated as the most valued IT Certification globally.
- In the latest Magic Quadrant report released by Gartner, AWS maintained its position as the king of cloud Infrastructure as a service (IaaS) providers
- The average salary of AWS Architect is $125k
- AWS market is expected to reach $236B by 2020 at a CAGR of 22%
- Within a short time span, the Amazon Web Services certified professionals are being ranked among the highest paid IT certification holders. Based on a recent salary survey from Global Knowledge, the average salary for a certified employee is $113,932, which can go as high as $201,000.
- According to IDC, by 2019 almost half of IT spending became cloud based and by 2020, the spending will be 60 to 70% including all software, services and technology.
- According to Forbes, by 2020 83% of Enterprise Workloads will be in the Cloud and the market share of popular cloud service providers by 2020 will stand as 50% by Amazon Web Services , 21% by Microsoft Azure and 18% by Google Cloud Platform.
Here is a list of some major recruiters and their salaries based on AWS certification of a professional:
AWS Certification Job Roles & Salaries
Amazon Web Services (AWS) certifications open the door to many highest-paying jobs. It helps you get over the risk of unstable careers. If you are an AWS certified, there are a number of job roles that you can apply for. Here are the top 5 Job Roles based on your AWS Certification and their salaries:
AWS Cloud Architect
AWS Cloud Architect directly connects with engineers as well as clients, providing an interface with stakeholders and technical leadership. The cloud architect supplies lead implementation efforts and technical architectures assuring that the interspersion of new technologies is being adopted.
The salaries also vary based on skills in Amazon Web Services (AWS), Cloud Computing, Microsoft Azure, Enterprise Solutions and System Architecture.
- Cloud developers are responsible for the development of software applications and solutions for enterprises. With significant experience in software development and some knowledge of AWS platforms, you can apply for different AWS roles. Also, AWS certification will help you bring your career one level up as a cloud developer.
- The Average Cloud Developer or Solution Engineer Salary in India is ₹701,049.
- The salaries differ based on skills in Amazon Web Services (AWS), Cloud Computing, Linux and Microsoft Azure.
Cloud DevOps Engineer
A DevOps engineer is someone who has expertise skills beyond development in network operations and system deployment. Thus, multiple skills with deep knowledge and hands-on experience on AWS platform can open up various job opportunities. Also, if you have validated your skills with AWS certification, your chances of getting an AWS job almost doubles.
According to PascALS is one of the top paying skills for a Cloud DevOps Engineer.
Cloud Software Engineer
- Your capability of designing, developing, and implementing system/software on AWS platform can bring more opportunities to get AWS jobs.
- So, validate your software design and development skills with AWS certification and stand out of the crowd in the job market.
- The average Cloud Software Engineer Salary in India is ₹669,476.
- An AWS SysOps Administrator is one who is responsible for deploying, operating, and managing systems on AWS platform.
- So, if you have expertise in managing and deploying production operations on AWS cloud validate your expertise with AWS SysOps administrator certification.
- Getting an AWS certification adds a credential in your resume and thus helps you get a better salary.
- The average Systems Administrator Salary in India is ₹399,285.
ale, the average salary for a Development Operations (DevOps) Engineer in India is ₹667,182.