Cloud Architect Salary in India | All you need to know [ For Freshers and Experience ]
Last updated on 15th Dec 2021, Blog, General
The average base salary of cloud architects in India is in the range of Rs 1,600,000 per annum. This could go up significantly based on several factors. The average base salary, in some cases, has been reported to reach Rs 2,400,000 per annum.
- Cloud Computing Trends
- Cloud Architect Salary in India
- Salary for Similar Job Titles
- Cloud Architect Salary: Based on the Employer
- Cloud Architect Salary: Based on Qualifications
- Cloud Architect Role: Common Trends
- Cloud Architect Skills
- Cloud Architect Characteristics
- Cloud Computing Architecture
- Gartner suggests that the expected transition to the cloud by 2022 could lead to more than $1.3 trillion in IT spending worldwide. This expenditure will also include money spent on other aspects of IT. An excerpt published in Forbes suggested that more than 70% of CFOs feel that cloud computing has played a significant role in the growth of their business in recent times. The demand for cloud services has also increased significantly in recent years.
- It was 18% higher in 2019 as compared to the previous year. Amazon Web Services or AWS is the preferred cloud services platform for organizations globally. More than 80% of businesses are either already using or thinking about switching to AWS as their cloud partner.
- These statistics clearly show that cloud services are already the preferred choice of organizations across the globe. And things are going to get better in the coming times. So if you are considering making a career as a cloud architect, then you should start your preparation immediately. You won’t have to wait too long for jobs because cloud architects are already in demand.
- What you need to do right now is to acquire the right skills required for this role, which we are going to discuss in detail in the blog a little later. This is the best time to join an online course that is relevant to the role and makes the most of your time. Let us now talk about the primary topic of our concern – Cloud Architect Salary in India.
Cloud Computing Trends:
- The average base salary of Cloud Architects in India is Rs 1,600,000 per annum. It can increase significantly depending on a number of factors. The average base salary, in some cases, is reported to reach Rs 2,400,000 per annum. Your experience as a cloud architect is probably the most important of all other factors.
- Your experience can also land you a job in one of the top global companies, which again can be a big boost to salary. And working with a top firm comes with its added benefits and benefits. Your job location is another very important factor that can contribute to increasing your salary. The salary range for Cloud Architect in India is between Rs 1,000,000 per annum and Rs 5,000,000 per annum. The variation is due to the factors we have just discussed.
- Let us now look at some of the common Cloud Architect salary trends in India before moving on. However, the highest salary a cloud architect in India can expect to earn is Rs 5,000,000 per annum, only 1% of the total cloud architects in India are paid that high. It may also be because the salary in this category depends on your experience, and there will not be enough candidates in the country who have such rich experience in the field.
- However, about 10% of the total cloud architects working in this role have an average salary of around Rs 3,500,000 per year. So it is quite clear that as you gain more experience as a cloud architect, your salary goes up.
Cloud Architect Salary in India:
- Now we come to the various cloud architect roles that can pay you a higher salary than others. However, your responsibilities in each of these roles will also differ. We already know what a cloud architect earns on average. So let’s move on to the other related roles. A senior cloud architect earns around Rs 2,500,000 per year as salary. On the other hand, a technical architect in cloud computing earns around 2,400,000 per year.
- Cloud solutions architect salaries tend to be slightly lower than the average cloud architect earnings, and this may be due to fewer responsibilities. The average salary of a Cloud Solution Architect is around Rs 1,900,000 per annum. A Cloud Associate Architect is at the bottom of this pile and earns Rs 1,600,000 per year.
Salary for Similar Job Titles:
- So what do top companies pay their cloud architects? Let’s talk about those two companies! If you are employed as a Cloud Architect in Tata Consultancy Services, you will earn an average base salary of around 1,500,000 per annum. The minimum salary in TCS is around Rs 2,30,000 per annum, and the maximum can go up to Rs 3,800,000 per annum.
- There are various factors at play that justify this difference. We have already talked about those factors. Now the average base salary of a Cloud Architect in Accenture is also Rs 1,500,000 per annum. The minimum and maximum limits are Rs 4,10,000 per annum to Rs 2,800,000 per annum.
- Now let’s see the difference in salary depending on the size of the company. If you are working as a cloud architect in a company with more than 10,000 employees, you will get a compensation of around Rs 1,900,000 per year. A company with an employee strength of 1000-10000 pays its cloud architects in the range of Rs 1,500,000 per year.
- Whereas companies with 200-1000 employees and 1-200 employees pay their cloud architects Rs 1,100,000 per year and Rs 6,10,000 per year. It is clearly evident from these figures that you have a better chance of earning more in a company that employs more people. In other words, the ****** company, the better your chances of earning a higher salary.
Cloud Architect Salary: Based on the Employer:
- So what qualifications do you need to make the cut if you want? About half of the employees hired as cloud architects in various companies have postgraduate degrees. About 49% of other cloud architects are graduates, and only 1% have a Ph.D. degree. Let us now look at the salary of people with different educational qualifications.
- If you are a graduate, you will be paid around Rs 1,500,000 per year. A cloud architect with a masters degree is paid around Rs 1,900,000 per year. If you have an MBA degree, then your salary can go up to Rs 2,000,000 annually. So you can see that your educational qualification really matters.
- But apart from these education requirements, a dedicated course in cloud computing or cloud architecture is also quite common. Your master’s and bachelor’s degrees are the qualifications that are expected to consider you for this position. However, if you want to have preference over other candidates applying for the same position, you must show your employers that you are different.
- Cloud computing courses, whether online or classroom learning, can be the key difference when it comes to organizations you choose for all other candidates who have just a college PG or bachelor’s degree. This short-term course will focus only on the aspects you need to be aware of and the situations you should be prepared to handle as a cloud architect.
- So if you are really serious about this career option, then a dedicated cloud computing course can really help you. And if you are a working professional, then an online course is what you need to upskill yourself for better career options without leaving your current job.
Cloud Architect Salary: Based on Qualifications:
Learn Advanced Google Cloud Architect Certification Training Course to Build Your SkillsWeekday / Weekend BatchesSee Batch Details
Cloud Architect Role: Common Trends:
1. What are the most common skills companies ask of you as a cloud architect? It usually depends on the company you are working for and the project you are working on. However, we have some statistics to show you some of the skills that you definitely need to have in order to do well in this field.
2. Let us now look at the age difference between the employees working as cloud architects in different organizations. Around 40% of cloud architects working in various organizations across the country have an average age of 31-36 years. On the other hand, about 38% of the employees working as cloud architects are in the age group of 36-41.
3. There are only a few institutes which are known for generating top cloud computing talent across India. Let us have a look at some such names. Presently around 7% of cloud architects working in various organizations have their education from Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS).
- Application ArchitectureM
- Integration architectureM
- Outsourcing and internal hostingM
- The protectionM
- Automation and OrchestrationM
- communication and collaborationM
- Finance and Legal ExperienceM
- program leadershipM
- vendor managementM
Cloud Architect Skills:
The basis of becoming a cloud architect is to have a good understanding of how cloud computing works. This is the basic requirement. There are other technical areas in which you will need to excel.
You need a working knowledge of operating systems including Windows, Linux, Ubuntu, Solaro and Unix. At least one of these is the minimum requirement to be good at operating. If you have worked as an architect or administrator in the operating systems we just mentioned, you will find the transition very smooth. A basic understanding of programming or scripting languages is important. It is not a necessary skill but something that will definitely help. Other technical and soft skills suggested by Gartner include:
Cloud Architect Characteristics:
Cloud architecture differs from traditional hosting in many ways:
1. In cloud architecture, the server hardware is provided and maintained by the service provider.
2. Users can access the required services over the Internet eliminating the need to purchase any new hardware.
3. Users pay for the services they use. This removes the need to pay any fixed monthly plan fees like traditional hosting. It also ensures that users don’t have to buy resources they don’t need and leave them unused.
4. Cloud architecture is scalable on demand. Users can increase or decrease their resources based on their business needs with just a few clicks without any physical effort as in traditional hosting.
5. Cloud hosting is capable of handling the workload seamlessly without any chances of failure. Since it acts as a network, even if there is a failure in one of the components, services are available from other active components.
6. Cloud provides better data protection and recovery from any natural calamities and human errors as it backs up the data at multiple locations.
- It is a virtual machine monitor that provides a virtual operating platform to each user
- It also manages guest operating systems in the cloud.
- It runs a separate virtual machine on the back end which contains the software and hardware
- Its main purpose is to divide and allocate resources
- Compliance audit
- Disaster care management
- Contingency plans
- SaaS – Software as a Service that hosts and manages the end user’s applications.
- Example: Gmail
- It connects the front-end and back-end. Also, allows each user to access cloud resources
- It helps users to connect and customize routes and protocols
- It is a virtual server hosted on a cloud computing platform
- It is highly flexible, safe and cost effective
- Here, each bit of data is stored and accessed by the user from anywhere on the Internet.
- It is scalable at run-time and accessed automatically
- Data can be modified and retrieved from cloud storage on the web
Cloud Computing Architecture:
Some of the important components of cloud computing architecture that we will focus on are as follows:
Its responsibility is to manage and monitor cloud operations with various strategies to enhance the performance of the cloud.
Some of the operations performed by the management software are:
This includes all the mandatory installation and configuration required to run a cloud service. Each deployment of cloud services is done using a deployment software
The three different models that can be deployed are the following:
Cloud Architect is one of those job roles that will be in high demand for some time to come. With the cloud computing sector expected to grow rapidly over the next few years, becoming a cloud architect is the best thing you can hope for in your career right now. This is a great opportunity not only to get a high-paying job but also to get first hand experience of working with new and exciting technologies.